• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginning Ice Climbers

rubywingedflier

Smash Rookie
As someone who's just learning melee and wants to main ice climbers, what are the basic skills I need to learn?

derdian

Smash Cadet
The most important thing for a new ice climber is to get comfortable with your movement and be able to do wavedash/wd out of shield over and over without messing up. Other important things is to learn the basic desynchs and be able to consistently short hop aerial

rubywingedflier

Smash Rookie
Oh,okay thanks. I have gotten down wave dashing from just standing,but haven't really gotten it out of shield,and I haven't really worked on the other two things, so this gives me some things to work on

Genghis_Connor

Smash Cadet
NNID
Genghis_Connor27
3DS FC
4356-1827-2712
Try to begin wrapping your head around crouch cancel. CC dsmash and CC grab are gonna be two of your most used options, so it's imperative you begin playing melee with an understanding of that mechanic.

Jnigo

Smash Rookie
Try to begin wrapping your head around crouch cancel. CC dsmash and CC grab are gonna be two of your most used options, so it's imperative you begin playing melee with an understanding of that mechanic.
Just be careful of what you CC. CC'd Peach down smash and you'll be seeing 100% and both climbers flying in different directions

Top Bottom