• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner Requiring Help Modding Melee

WWGenesis

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I want to ultimately burn a modded melee onto disk that contains the hacks: Flash upon successful L cancel and infinite shield for player 2.

However, even with all the helpful threads, I do not appear to know how to 'start'. Is it possible for anybody to condense the steps that I have to take in order to accomplish the goal specified above?

I'm also wondering if Homebrew still requires you to have a Twilight Princess game likewise to how it did in the past. Thank you!

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Wii hacking and even Smash hacking has progressed a LOT over the years.

Nowadays you don't even need to burn discs for GC/Wii games and you can play them off of a portable device like a Flash Drive or Hard Drive. The whole hacking process is crazy easy now too, it doesn't even require a retail game disc to do it either.

Here's a link to a really detailed guide on how to hack your Wii so that you can play Melee/Brawl/PM.

As far as the Flash on L cancel stuff goes you're going to want to look into the DOL Mod topic thread. It details just about everything you're going to need to know if you want to make edits to your Melee ISO. Otherwise, you can use Gecko/Action Replay codes to change some game aspects in which case you'll want to check out the thread Internet Explorers Melee Codes.

Hope this helped.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Read all of ^

and make sure to check around for a couple of programs as well. For texture modding there is a very easy to use program called MeleeToolkit. It makes Melee modding as easy as brawl modding. Enjoy!

WWGenesis

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help!

I was also wondering if it is possible to play Melee in a sense where all the characters display their hitboxes, hurtboxes ... etc when fighting - Essentially a match that shows exactly how far certain moves extend and such.

Top Bottom