• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Been Thinking About Playing Zelda...

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
Well... I'm actually a Sheik main but I've never tried to play her counterpart... Zelda. Not until today when my two friends and I were messing around on Delfino with 99 stocks. I used Zelda for most of it and I have to admit... I'm a little shocked. She was definitely a lot stronger than I expected. Her Up-Air especially. I think I managed to land a KO 60 - 70% which I normally don't do. With your experience of Zelda do you think she's actually that good? I'm curious about what you people think alongside my opinion. I personally do think she's decently solid but c a downside to her could be speed. She's not very fast it seems :|

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Can't really disagree too much with your assessments. She's strong enough to hang with most characters, but she's definitely towards the bottom of the cast as far as power goes. The official PM tier list has her in the bottom tier, but in PM, bottom tier is still viable! Zhime has placed quite well with her (Top 8 at Shots Fired, most recently). She will dominate lower levels of play, plateau a bit as you get into more experienced, then begin to get better again as you finesse her mix-up potential. Din's give her virtually limitless combo potential, but they take plenty of time to master. She has an awful neutral game, but her punish game is incredible if your opponents miss their DI.

Also you still get to transform into Sheik whenever you want.

#Shielda5ever
#Sheilda2016
#TransformWillNeverDie
#ZeldaxSheikOTP
#Hashtag
#Its4amDontJudgeMe

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Do it dude! I like to be able to face a multitude of MU's, and I'd love to hear about a new Zelda main coming up in the future. if not, the combination of both characters is literally given to you for free, so you can do whatever you'd like with the switch up!

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
Can't really disagree too much with your assessments. She's strong enough to hang with most characters, but she's definitely towards the bottom of the cast as far as power goes. The official PM tier list has her in the bottom tier, but in PM, bottom tier is still viable! Zhime has placed quite well with her (Top 8 at Shots Fired, most recently). She will dominate lower levels of play, plateau a bit as you get into more experienced, then begin to get better again as you finesse her mix-up potential. Din's give her virtually limitless combo potential, but they take plenty of time to master. She has an awful neutral game, but her punish game is incredible if your opponents miss their DI.

Also you still get to transform into Sheik whenever you want.

#Shielda5ever
#Sheilda2016
#TransformWillNeverDie
#ZeldaxSheikOTP
#Hashtag
#Its4amDontJudgeMe
Ahaha I love your #'s lmao. Personally I find the fact that I have the ability to switch to Sheik whenever I want is actually a savior lol. I can use sheik when I want to catch up and then stick to Zelda when I'm in the lead. Definitely going to see what I can do with those.
Do it dude! I like to be able to face a multitude of MU's, and I'd love to hear about a new Zelda main coming up in the future. if not, the combination of both characters is literally given to you for free, so you can do whatever you'd like with the switch up!
Haha man I definitely will! I'm not very good at the moment but I've got determination and hopefully will start winning some more games :D

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha I love your #'s lmao. Personally I find the fact that I have the ability to switch to Sheik whenever I want is actually a savior lol. I can use sheik when I want to catch up and then stick to Zelda when I'm in the lead. Definitely going to see what I can do with those.

Haha man I definitely will! I'm not very good at the moment but I've got determination and hopefully will start winning some more games :D
Yeah, at the end of it all, it comes down to the grind bud. I was going through a very long character crisis in a few games, but now I've decided that it will only be Sheik, and Falco for me. (Plus the whole roster for friendlies, lol.) Now, its just a matter of getting back to work and getting to where I was, then improving to be even better than that!

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
Yeah, at the end of it all, it comes down to the grind bud. I was going through a very long character crisis in a few games, but now I've decided that it will only be Sheik, and Falco for me. (Plus the whole roster for friendlies, lol.) Now, its just a matter of getting back to work and getting to where I was, then improving to be even better than that!
Yeah man I just had friends over to discuss a game that we were thinking about developing but we played smash before and after that... (smash 4) and I just played Zelda for every game. She is seriously fun. And that teleport which can KO man lol.

Top Bottom