• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beefy Smash Doods: Impossible To Tech

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The joke "we tech those" or "we don't tech those" has been commonly thrown around in many videos and at tournaments especially in Smash 4. But what if sometimes regardless of skill a player just couldn't have teched at all? The Beefy Smash Doods sat down to test just this and found that in smash 4 teching is simply impossible. Give it a watch!

So now instead of asking if we tech those ask if we can even tech those at all! What do you think of this latest discovery? Let us know in the comments below!

SmashCapps saw many buzzing over this news during the weekend and found it incredibly interesting. To chat with him on all things Smash be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Warning Received
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hard work and dedication has paid off. Getting the first comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Peter Griffin for being really skinny and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people i would like to thank; facebook, the fish I caught in the third grade, my light in my room because i wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on facebook, my house because without it i would be homeless, and last but not least i would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything u set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the first is truly amazing, thank you everyone.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
I came here expecting large men in tight clothing playing a part brawler

Where did teching come in to that

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
#youcan'ttechthose

This is interesting from a balance perspective. It provides incentive not to hug the wall while recovering, while recovering away from the wall runs the risk of simply being knocked away without any opportunity to tech anything. It's actually pretty brilliant.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hard work and dedication has paid off. Getting the first comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Peter Griffin for being really skinny and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people i would like to thank; facebook, the fish I caught in the third grade, my light in my room because i wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on facebook, my house because without it i would be homeless, and last but not least i would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything u set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the first is truly amazing, thank you everyone.
rest in peace

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I feel so honored to be the first comment.
third comment, you mean...

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

also, @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill were you coming back from Super Smash Con or something, I happened acrossed this video around the night of day one or so.

I also hope someone can post info on that Customs debate for Smash 4, I gave the guy running the panel a piece of paper with my question because I had to leave early for personal reasons...

Luig

Confused
Please nerf the ninjas

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Another reason why viewer culture should have no place in the wider gaming culture. If you don't play, you don't know how the game works.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I honestly think this new mechanic makes the game much better.... specially with the op recovery that so many characters have....
We now know how to reliably gimp them.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give your power to tech those ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nice video, this explains why Wario's farts were "untechable" at EVO. Good to see more off-stage killing options!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I always assumed shofu came up with "we tech those." Did he make "we read those?" Is everything I know a lie?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
good thing I never had the reaction time to try to tech those anyways
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill I don't have smash 4 so I can't test, but does the 20 frame buffer to tech before the hit a la Melee still apply? Would that make everything techable? Watch the video to see what I'm talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyuExqjW3_o
Smashcapps is not the maker of this video. As he wrote, it is The Beefy Smash Doods.

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
the time it took to write this there were already 3

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
It's always the player's fault if you have the ability to space yourself from the wall. No johns.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This is actually very helpful to my experience in smash bros.

Now I know more about this game but one day I teck a villager close to a wall and still teck is because the hitbox of one the charcter is not long as Sheik foward air and was like 150% that be more time to tech.

Sometime work but that was in the old patch.

Now I understand that sometime the characters don't tech or do it.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Watching that video just made me think, 1 more reason why I like project M more than smash 4. Then thinking about the kind of gameplay smash4 has; no ledge hogs, auto snap, really good recoveries, It made me realize this is good for this game. Still like project M more but glad to see different game mechanics work well. ps. I do like smash4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom