• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beedrill for Brawl (not a typo, take it seriously) detailed moveset....

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Beedrill. You heard me right. This is not some sort of supertypo or something, I believe Beedrill was quite popular back in the day( introduced in Red/Blue/Green) and could make a triumphant return in Super Smash Bros Brawl.It has been featured in many episodes, and portrayed as being very tough in each of them. It has already debuted in the original game as a Pokeball Pokemon. Once released it would fly off the screen and return in a swarm striking other players. I thought it was cool but it was soon replaced by Unown in Melee who suited the attack better. So why should Beedrill be shunned from the series completely? I personally think it would make a rather unique addition to Brawl, and can represent Fire Red and Leaf Green.

I can see it having the following traits in Brawl:
Height - 6/10 - medium tall
Weight - 6/10 - medium heavy
Ground Speed - 8/10 - fast
Jump Height - 7/10 - medium high
Jump Speed - 8/10 - fast
Fall Speed - 3/10 - slow
Attack Power - 4/10 - medium weak
Attack Speed - 9/10 - fast
Knockback - 7/10 - medium high, but 4/10 (-low)if airborne when struck
Traction - 4/10 - medium low

Beedrill is a character made for airborne combat. People are probably saying right now " wait a minute Beedrill can't walk or run!". True, but Beedrill's ground movement is done by hovering extremely low above the ground, flapping wings really fast. Another unique part of Beedrill is the fact that it is best in midair. Ground combat suffers but in flight Beedrill can be a menace. One reason is that when it is hit in midair it can recover faster and deliver a swift counterattack.

A Button Attacks (Ground)
Neutral A ( can be repeated)- Fury Attack - Beedrill rapidly thrusts its arms forward dealing low damage.
Side tilt A - Swift Strike - Swipes enemies with arms stretched.
Up tilt A - Rising Swipe - Slashes foes above Beedrill.
Down tilt A - Arm Thrust - Beedrill jerks an arm forward towards the ground.
Side Smash - Scissor Cross - Beedrill stabs at the enemy with both arms forming an X shape
Up Smash - Air Rush - Thrusts two arms into the air consecutively.
Down Smash - Low Stab - Beedrill rises a little higher then pricks enemies in behind and in front of it.
Note: the smashes can temporarily poison the enemy if charged. Poison damages 1% every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

A Button Attacks (Aerial)
Neutral A (can be held) - Beedrill starts to jab the air with its arms, while A is held Beedrill continues the attack
Forward A - Spin Attack - Beedrill performs a form of somersault (kind of like the Chu's do)
Back A - Reverse Sting - Beedrill strikes those behind it with its stinger and may poison.
Up A - Rising Stab - Attacks the air with one arm.
Down A - Triple Hit - Stabs below with arms 3 times.

B Attacks
Neutral B(can be held for no time limit) - Pin Missile - Beedrill starts to jab the air quickly with its arms, while B is held Beedrill continues the attack and the control stick can be used to change the attacks direction. Enemies are not hit away by the attack, but with the right timing they can perform a Midair Dodge to escape. The downside is that Beedrill takes 2% damage every 3 seconds when nothing is being attacked, but the attack can be lethal to the enemy. I personally would find this attack great for use in midair.
Side B - Pursuit - Beedrill zooms forward hitting unprotected enemies in it's path. This move works like the fox illusion, however there is no lag time before and after the attack(it will lag after in midair), and the foe will not be stunned or sent flying but will still take a moderate amount of damage.
Up B - Aerial Ace - Beedrill flies, spinning upwards with arms out( can be moved left and right) hitting foes multiple times. the shape of the spin is a bit wobbly (like a beyblade or something as it stops spinning) unlike Link's and the final strike doesn't finish enemies.
Down B - Endeavor - Press at the exact same time Beedrill is hit and anyone around you will be struck sending their damage counters equal to Beedrill ( Beedrill still takes damage from the attack, exact timing is really difficult)

Grabs (Beedrill grabs the enemy by embedding an arm in its opponent, don't worry it won't look that bad, but the grab itself takes 1%)
A attack - Poison Stab - Strikes with stinger and Poisons.
Forward Throw - Beedrill's wings blow the enemy from it's arm.
Back Throw - Throws foe at the ground behind it.
Up Throw - Beedrill flies up and throws enemy at the the ground( Beedrill becomes airborne and can't double jump).
Down Throw - Beedrill pins enemy into the ground and uses Twineedle.

Taunt - Beedrill's eye panels flash, it raises its arms and it makes its cry as heard in the games.

Super Smash - Swarm - Beedrill calls its for more of its kind and they all team the enemies, repeatedly stabbing.

Items - Beedrill is at a downfall because it can't carry held items. However it can still use items like Starman,
Food, Heart Containers, Mushrooms, Metal Boxes etc.

Kirby Hat - Kirby gets Beedrill wings, antenna, and has 2 black stripes on the bottom half of its body. He also uses sharp objects looking like Beedrill's arms when using Pin Missile.

Stage - Viridian Forest - Players fight on large tree branches and must avoid the occasional falling Kakunas and Metapods.

As for costumes all I can really use is the regular and Shiny version (unless someone can help out).

I hope I've now proved to you that Beedrill can 'bee' a pretty good fighter in Brawl, despite low chances of him appearing he would be a mean combatant.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Intresting
you did a lot of nice work on thinking of a moveset and how he moves
he'd pretty much be like mewtwo

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Intresting
you did a lot of nice work on thinking of a moveset and how he moves
he'd pretty much be like mewtwo
No, Beedrill would be far more dangerous than Mewtwo, especially in midair. Come to think of it the only way he is similar to Mewtwo is that it can be knocked away easy, and that changes when Beedrill is in midair.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted Kakuna and Metapod in SSB.

Well, not really. But they are the coolest Pokemon ever.

METAPOD POD POD POD POD

I'll read this thread tomorrow when I have time to not sleep.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I like the idea, but I think playing as a pokemon who's primary form of movement is flying would have an akward looking ground game. I just can't see him dashing across the stage and such, hover or not.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You've put a lot of thought into this, but I personally can't see this happening. He's a first gen pokemon whose largely overlooked, and he'd be a very hard character to implement into the physics of smash as a playable character. That and there are many more pokemon that are more popular and easier to implement.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
thats true
as long as beedrill was able to float around like mewtwo
why wouldent he be fine?
Well, Mewtwo can stand but he doesn't. Mewtwo can use his feet to inflict damage and he has a somewhat humanoid appearence. Beedrill, on the other hand, has no legs or arms (except those wierd line-thin limbs he seems to have + his drills) and would have a hard time getting a moveset that would cover his ground combat without looking like he's attacking with nothing. Although I suppose he could have an all drill moveset but it would be very awkward. Nice moveset though.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It is possible for Beedrill to stand on two legs, but in movement it clearly wouldn't. As for the humanoid appearance, look at Jiggs, Kirby and Pichu, who don't look human at all. Also, I am aware of Beedrill's low chances of being playable in this game, but there are so many threads here already supporting characters with possibly lower chances.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
Kickass.... I'm really impressed, you really went into detail there.
I wish i'd done something similar...

Nice.

Top Bottom