• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Becoming a good wolf player

twistaleve

Smash Rookie
Any ideas on how to beat King DeDeDe, diddy kong, game and watch, or falco?
I need some help. My main is kirby but my secondary is wolf.

Sumer

Smash Ace
My suggestion is to post in the Q&A thread or read the match ups thread, but if you find the match up just too hard, or you feel it's too annoying for you to learn you can always pick up another secondary to deal with some of those match ups.

tekkie

Smash Master
Kirby plays well against Falco, Diddy, and Dedede. For G&W, read the matchup discussion. It's still tricky for Wolf.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Jumpshine beats GaW's key everytime. A spaced GaW bair isn't punishable and gets on people's nerves (including mine). Tech the down throws and either choose a direction or tech in place. I tend to tech roll, but not on purpose. The only smash that scares me really is GaW's fsmash cause the hitbox is long and ridiculously disjointed. Also don't get grounded Nair'd because it leads straight into a dsmash.

Falco's jab>grab stupidity loses by Wolf's jab if the wolf jabs immediately after the Falco jab. Helps to avoid being cg'd. When a Falco is over the edge, laser him so he drops a little. If he doesn't buffer another side b immediately, shine spike him. Anytime he is ready to up b, prepare a shine spike.

Diddy, you need to learn to jc item toss if you want, dacit, and fair a bunch. The Fair generally picks up bananas quite well. His barrels can be shine spiked and it'll kill him.

D3 is a massive camping game. Retreating fairs are very good in this matchup and well spaced baairs cannot be grabbed. Laser a ton. Also D3 is fatass and easy to spike so go for the dair off stage when you have a chance. Though if you're winning percentage wise, make sure you're above him when you try to spike because a D3cide is the last thing you want.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, just space better...Wolf only gets punished from bad spacing. For DDD, just space well. For Diddy, when he has a banana, run up to him and shield grab, when he doesn't, all of your moves beat his. For GnW, don't jump into his Bair or charged Smashes. Its usually helpful to say which tactics or moves are giving you a hard time for better advice...

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
dont think as in start drooling halfway through the match and twitching, the lapse in brain function will cause your fingers to spasm in a fashion that your mind knows will help you, despite the fact that your basic body fuctions have shut down, remember to wear a diaper, no one likes sitting next to you if you stink

Top Bottom