• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beauty 2

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, Lolex here again.

Me and Armada are hosting a tournament in the B.E.A.S.T venue at Thursday June 2 - Sunday June 5 and we figured we might aswell throw up a thread about it here. Considering the cheap flight costs we have here in Europe thanks to Ryanair, I do believe that some of you could afford going here :)
By the way, if you have to choose, due to money or other reasons, between this and Beast, you definitely should pick Beast :)

Here's some info (It's about the same as Beast):

When?
Thursday June 2 - Sunday June 5 2011

Where?
Gothenburg, Sweden.

The Venue:
Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA

(Google maps)

Traveling by plane?
If your looking to go by Ryanair, you want to check for Gothenburg City Airport. From there, you take the airport buss to the Central station.

Local Transportation:
When you get to the Central station (Centralstationen), you take tram number 11 towards Saltholmen to Käringberget. The easiest way to buy tickets is to get to Tidpunkten, in the middle of Drottningtorget (Centralstationen), and buy your ticket there!
To plan your travel, use This site
(A small map on the surroundings will also come up here soon)

Entry Fee:
Entrance: 100 SEK*
Melee Singles: 100 SEK
Melee Teams: 100 SEK (each)
*About 10€

Prizes:
Singles
1: 50%
2: 30%
3: 15%
4: 5%
5: Money back.

Teams
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: Money back.

Events:
Main events will be the Melee Singles and Teams tournaments. If we have time, there will for sure be some crew battles and/or low tier tournament. If we have time.

Schedule:
I do not count on this to work perfectly due to well, this being a smash event and all. But this is how I would like it to go, and I've made sure to take tons of time for each event just in case.
If you haven't signed up in time, you're screwed. If your not in place for your game in a 5 min radius, your also screwed. So just be around and it will all run smoothly and we should have plenty of time over for other fun things :)

Thursday:
16.00: Venue opens.

Friday:
13.00: Teams tournament pools start.
16.30: Dinner break.
17.30: Teams brackets start.

Saturday:
10.00: Singles pools 1 start.
13.30: Singles pools 2 start.
15.00: Lunch break.
16.00: Singles brackets start.
20.00: Dinner
22.00: Award ceremony

Sunday:
16.00: Venue closes.

Rules:
4 Stocks.
8 minute time limit.
Items off.
Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Semifinals.
Bo7 Sets in Semifinals + finals.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Bring your own controller.
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed.

We know that we need a rule for the pools standings, and we are currently asking around to see how we will settle this matter. Rest assured that we will have cleared that up before the tournament.

The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None

General Rules:
I have already mentioned that I will be quite strict indeed with the times. I can't stand people not showing up on time or being generally confused. People should know the things they need to know, and if they don't, they shall ask me, or someone else in the crew.
Other then that, I want everyone to behave mature and I will let you know that I can throw anyone out for any reasons if I feel like it.
Since this is a public building, I will see no alcohol or drugs taken into it. This is strictly forbidden and will have major consequences, including the owner of the alcohol/drugs getting thrown out and banned from the tournament. You also can't smoke inside the building, but I count on people having enough common knowledge not to do that.
I'm going to add a rule here from last time, and I will make myself very, very clear.
Again, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to bring alcohol or drugs into the building. Also, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to be under the effects of drugs or alcohol, meaning you may not be drunk or high inside the school.

Random information:
If you need housing, post in the housing thread to come up. We will fix it for ya.

We will have a Café open where you can buy soft drinks and toasties :)

Nuts are banned due to it being a public building.

For those who didn't know; we have SEK here in Sweden, not euro. 1 Euro is about 10 SEK.

A local store and a Pizza is located about 5 minutes from the venue, easy as hell to find.

Contact persons:
Lolex (Alexander Gabrielsson)
Email: AlexanderGabrielsson@hotmail.com
Phone: +46704 379669

Armada (Adam Lindgren)
Phone: +46761 865726

Confirmed List:
(In order of confirmation)
1. Lolex (TO*)
2. Armada (TO)
3. Gamba
4. Kagg
5. Kuja
6. Isa
7. leffen
8. AJP
*Tournament Organizer
(People without a "country tag" are from Sweden.)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Still abit confused about these events.. Oh well, lets get some hype for this :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
There's a 50/50 chance I might have an exam on the 3rd, but if I don't then i'm likely to go (especially if eagle goes as well, which it sounds like he will if he has no exams around those dates)

Top Bottom