• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beautiful Appearance.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Jigglypuff looks simply awesome this time around. I was astonished on big of an improvement she's made in her personality- it's like she's a new Pokemon.
Ironicly...she IS a Fairy type now. <3

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
her final smash seems to puff a lot more (yay)
i think her smaller eyes looks a bit weird but i still love thus fresh design

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Yeah the small-eyes big-ears thing looks weird to me but she's way more cutesy and expressive so I'll adjust

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
I like the size of the iris compared to the overall eye better than in the previous games, but the size of the eyes compared to Jigglypuff's whole body just look too small.

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
I have to say Jigglypuff definitely looks the best in this game than her previous smash appearances.

Also, am I the only whose dissapointed that Fairy type moves were not incorporated into her moveset? That would have made her feel a little more refreshed and new.

Sakuramei

Smash Rookie
I have to say Jigglypuff definitely looks the best in this game than her previous smash appearances.

Also, am I the only whose dissapointed that Fairy type moves were not incorporated into her moveset? That would have made her feel a little more refreshed and new.
While I'm not too surprised they didn't incorporate a fighting move into her "normal" moves, I think it was a huge missed opportunity to not switch her Final Smash to one. Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast would've been great. Or Something similar to Peach's using Misty Terrain with a combination of Moonlight. Though, I suppose Draining Kiss could've worked well as one of her moves considering Robin can use Nosferatu. Or Sweet Kiss which would reverse the controls on whoever she's fighting.

I believe Hyper Voice was mentioned as an alternate move for Sing? That could be Disarming Voice which is kind of similar. Fairy Wind I couldn't see them doing, Play Rough may be another one of her alternates (I believe one was her punching a lot?).

But yeah, like I said, I'm not too surprised they did as most Fairy moves out right now are stat based or I really couldn't see as normal attacks, but there's definitely a few that could've worked as alternate moves.

I wonder if they'd ever release more and patch them in the game later.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
If her appearance is this cute in the game, Imagine the super cute amiibo she's gonna get! I hope she gets one because I need one in my life,

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh, Jigglypuff looks so cute in this new game. :3

And it's only a picture taken from the 3DS version too, that red ribbon looks really adorable on her. (Though granted, I do really enjoy drawing Jigglypuff with a Red Ribbon so I'm glad that it's a costume option for her.)

I might make a drawing of her sometime. c:

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
She finally has a new render pose, along with Game and Watch. It's all I ever wanted :colorful:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The more we see of the new and more expressive Jiggs the less resistant I become to cuteness in general....I just can't help but get wide-eyed and go "DAWWWWWWWWW" at times like that.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
So jiggs' fresh bair can kill fox at less than 70%, and she has rest follow ups that actually kill. Her movement is amazing with auto-cancel/super low landing lag nair and her hitboxes on aerials in general are a lot better. Coupled with increased survivability due to wider blast zones, jiggs is actually looking good again.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so it is actually looking more and more like Jiggly will be my go-to in this game. I really hope the hype is real xD

Spirst

Given her buffs, this one seems a lot more fitting than ever before:

"METAKNIGHT, I HAVE RETURNED! I BRING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE TIER LIST!"

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Jigglypuff looks much better (and cuter) than before. You've done well, Sakurai.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I really love the new model, it looks so close to the original model from pokemon X/Y, even the eyes is right there!

I like how she can move her pupils now.
I love this so much that she moves her Iris! she also have a set of "angry eyes" just like kirby!
but that victory pose reminds me of a hack in brawl which actually made Jigglypuffs Iris to move!

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of adorableness, someone made this in a GAF thread

I think I have found my OTP

Shog

Smash Ace
Interesting, it is again a classic character I might gonna main. Can't beat the Original 12 ;)

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The Wii U version can't come out fast enough. The world needs to see Puff in HD!

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
While I'm not too surprised they didn't incorporate a fighting move into her "normal" moves, I think it was a huge missed opportunity to not switch her Final Smash to one. Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast would've been great. Or Something similar to Peach's using Misty Terrain with a combination of Moonlight. Though, I suppose Draining Kiss could've worked well as one of her moves considering Robin can use Nosferatu. Or Sweet Kiss which would reverse the controls on whoever she's fighting.

I believe Hyper Voice was mentioned as an alternate move for Sing? That could be Disarming Voice which is kind of similar. Fairy Wind I couldn't see them doing, Play Rough may be another one of her alternates (I believe one was her punching a lot?).

But yeah, like I said, I'm not too surprised they did as most Fairy moves out right now are stat based or I really couldn't see as normal attacks, but there's definitely a few that could've worked as alternate moves.

I wonder if they'd ever release more and patch them in the game later.
TBH they missed a lot of opportunities for the remaining revealed characters for some reason. Jigglypuff's FS should've been renewed at least tbh. I know she's a balloon pokemon but even Peach's FS works better for Jigglypuff.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Oh gosh, Jigglypuff looks so cute in this new game. :3

And it's only a picture taken from the 3DS version too, that red ribbon looks really adorable on her. (Though granted, I do really enjoy drawing Jigglypuff with a Red Ribbon so I'm glad that it's a costume option for her.)

I might make a drawing of her sometime. c:
dont forget the more expressions~

"I do sound cute!"

but to be honest, I hope jigglypuff gets a new redub, like ness did o: that would be awesome!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
dont forget the more expressions~

"I do sound cute!"

but to be honest, I hope jigglypuff gets a new redub, like ness did o: that would be awesome!
Expressive Jigglypuff is expressive. c: Can't wait to see her in action on the Wii U version. :)

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'll have to admit, Jigglypuff's new design will take some time getting used to....

Top Bottom