• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beat ways to stay alive pikachu players may want to look

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Without a doubt the best way to kill pichu is to keep him out or to grab him. You can approach him too but he better a fair defense due to the huge sheild, great movement, he is really fast and he is really small decent enough to keep pichu safe most of the time. Pichu is hard to gimp and isn't that floatly it's easier to kill smaus over the top than pichu most of the time. And pichu isn't like the ice climbers when thrown into the air his air dodge, thunder and up-B are pretty good at getting you out of the way.

Approaching them isn't super bad IF you ask me because pichu has a few mix ups that other low or bottom tier really lack like a solid SHFFL, speed, movement, useful approach projectile, and is reallly hard to predict sometimes. Of course marth and other people are still amazing at keeping you out.

But I,m more worried about the grabs. Because grabs=stock and tech chaseing for most of the cast. The only good thing is pichu has the best tech in place and the 2nd fastest move in the game with better range than a shine and his size. Pichu may not be as easy to set-up for a grab best no one is ***** harder than pichu he is trown so fast sometimes I can't even react. I really want a great way to avoid grabs we have amazing L-cancels but what else?

Plus the fact I main the ice climbers and right after playing as them and sheild camping the F*** out of people I sheild more tahn normal as pichu which is grab bait. Is there any way we can punish sheild grabers for a fact or even bait and pounish them? Other than jab the carp out of peaches and zedlas sheilds?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I can think of to avoid shield grabs is to approach, mindgame a certain number of jabs and then punish (by mindgaming jabs, I mean changing the pattern of how many jabs you do to try to confuse the opponent's timing). There's really not much else Pichu can do to approach/bait. What works for me a decent amount of the time is nairing through the shield and going straight into a rising uair -- sometimes catches people off-guard, but they become wise to it after some time.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
there are a 100 tricks to do with pichu use one at a time and it will be hard to find them out. I started thinking about Down-smash at higher percents of course it's pretty fast, sheild stabs, and has inv. frames in case they grab at that time. I also widh there was a way to approach on the ground besides up-B techically you could but the other attacks suck to appraoch with lol approach with f-tilt cause your trying to space out rest

Top Bottom