• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beat Dashing

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
I named this tactic after the way I found it.
Ok so basically beat dashing is a coninuous dash start on a beat.
Oppsed to just running you continuously tap the control stic in he same direction at regular inervals. I found this when I was moving around to the rythm of a song and i thought that at certain points it can be more powerful as a tactic to confuse your enemy opposed to a running. This is because just like when regular dashing (this must be one while during the dash start off,) you can also do dash attacks while Beat Dashing.
Personally i think this works and an advanage most o kirby becuase is movements can already be confusing.

More Discripive:
If you cant undersand that then here is an easier explaination...
If you can dash dance then you can do this. When dash dancing there is a certain time frame that you must change you direction of movement in order to dash dance. That same time frame is what you are using here. However, instea of Holding the control stick down you will let go and then somewhere in hat time frame tap it again. Cause you to tap in beats. ( you can also delay a beat, but you must ap again within the time frame to chain together your dash starts.

The main advantage this has over just regular running is that it has no lag when you deside the stop. Another good thing is that it only taes a couple on minutes to master.

P.s. IM sorry if something like this is already posted.
P.s.s im sry for any missing "t"s my "t" buton is messed up >.<

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
It's pretty well known, it's commonly called Foxtrotting, and ombined with wavedashes, and dashdances for tricky movements for mindgames.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Yeah i didn't uderstand the explanation of Foxtrotting most likely becuase i didn't read it carefully. Also, whiel i was typing this I i was thinking this might have been fox-troting

Top Bottom