• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast6 Bowser gameplay

nJrp

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd share it here, really sick Bowser and maybe can inspire some of you Bowser mains out there. This guy Vreyvus beat Himura (2 - 0), who I think is one of the top players from Chile and also played Rosalina. Just OMG!! hype

Those were some really close games, good gameplay you can watch and learn from: http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground/v/48121545?t=01h23m00s

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Rosalina made her mistake in match 1 with shielding that Bowser Bomb. Should have dodged. They clearly weren't expecting it.

Good Bowser play all around. I don't have any complaints really.

SmashVreyvus

Smash Rookie
Hey man. Thanks for sharing it!

Yeah that was intense. Rosalina is such a hard character to beat since you basically have to fight her without even thinking about getting to use your grabs. Jabs and F-tilts are the key to this battle. I did some noticeable mistakes, like getting grabbed too often. I let go of that fear in match 2 and started spotdodging more.

I decided to use Bowser all the way in all matches, I was so pleased to insight fear into the heart of top tier users.. Using King Koopa, oh yeah!

PS: The ledge is major struggle!!

Last edited:

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Speaking of down B, there were some opportunities where you could have punished Rosalina's approach to run in and grab you by down B'ing, but I don't want to be overly critical. Seeing Bowser played at such a high level is such a great thing.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I would've liked to see more fire breath and upB from this guy. He was better about this game 2, though.

SmashVreyvus

Smash Rookie
Speaking of down B, there were some opportunities where you could have punished Rosalina's approach to run in and grab you by down B'ing, but I don't want to be overly critical. Seeing Bowser played at such a high level is such a great thing.
Yeah but you must admit its easy to say it when you see it! I wanted to play it a little safer because he could've just rolled back and I would have gotten punished way hard for it. Second game was way better because he had learned his playstyle more at that point. But thanks :)

I would've liked to see more fire breath and upB from this guy. He was better about this game 2, though.
From my experience with Rosalinas, I just know that grounded up b will clash very often with luma's attacks to the point Rosalina instantly can punish afterwards. I decided not to use it too often, and it was easier to do so after dodging his grab attempts in match two. In regards to Fire Breath I think it is really good, but I must admit I was kinda scared to use it anywhere else but the ledge. All too many times people jump through the tipper of the fire breath like a circus ring and punishes you (since the tipper has no hit stun).

Last edited by a moderator:

Impose

Smash Rookie
No up b out of shield at all. One of the best moves bowser has against Rosaluma

It separates them and lets you kill the star for free.

Finally started doing it game 2. Thank god\

Was good **** dude. Nothing makes me happier than seeing rosalumas lose

Last edited:

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
I agree with SmashVreyvus SmashVreyvus . I used to think fortress OOS was awesome in this matchup, but as soon as it clanks, which it does often, you are at a huuuge disadvantage.

Last edited:

SmashVreyvus

Smash Rookie
No up b out of shield at all. One of the best moves bowser has against Rosaluma

It separates them and lets you kill the star for free.

Finally started doing it game 2. Thank god\

Was good **** dude. Nothing makes me happier than seeing rosalumas lose
I only did it because I managed to actually spot dodge the grabs. Otherwise it clashes with Luma constantly, believe me who has played this MU over and over. It does seem like a good option yes, but really only when Rosalina is stuck in a longer animation. Otherwise the little star is gonna ruin all of your day.

Also thanks mate :)

Top Bottom