• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beast 5 Setup

Memory

Smash Rookie
Thanks. Do you by chance know anything about where the stage select screen file is as well?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, how did you even get a tournament to use a custom build? The only ways you could have done it is by modded Wii (using DIOS MIOS or Nintendont) or by Dolphin on the PC.

If tournaments are starting to use custom builds, I'd love to see SDR in the future.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
What are the alt costums filenames?
PlCaRl.usd (LLL C. Falcon)
PlFcBu.lat (C9 Falco)
PlFcGr.lat (EG Falco)
PlFcRe.lat (LLL Falco)
PlFxLa.lat (C9 Fox)
PlMsBk.lat (EMP Marth)
PlPeNr.lat (Alliance Peach)
PlPeNr.rat (EMP Peach)

EDIT: Or do you mean why they're .lat/.rat?
I'll leave that for @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 to answer - or you can wait for his next update...

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
PlCaRl.usd (LLL C. Falcon)
PlFcBu.lat (C9 Falco)
PlFcGr.lat (EG Falco)
PlFcRe.lat (LLL Falco)
PlFxLa.lat (C9 Fox)
PlMsBk.lat (EMP Marth)
PlPeNr.lat (Alliance Peach)
PlPeNr.rat (EMP Peach)

EDIT: Or do you mean why they're .lat/.rat?
I'll leave that for @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 to answer - or you can wait for his next update...
I wanted the filenames to be able to use them in my custom build. Will they still work if I change the filetype to .dat?

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
So I've burned the NTSC Beast 5 setup onto a blank dvd. Unlike the 20XX pack, it freezes during boot-up on NeoGamma 9/10 times. When it does succesfully load, its always in black and white, there's about a 3-4 frame input lag, and the graphics appear fuzzy. again, no issues with vanilla or 20XX. I've even had a friend burn his own copy for me, yet still no luck. Playing on an LCD btw.

Help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
So I've burned the NTSC Beast 5 setup onto a blank dvd. Unlike the 20XX pack, it freezes during boot-up on NeoGamma 9/10 times. When it does succesfully load, its always in black and white, there's about a 3-4 frame input lag, and the graphics appear fuzzy. again, no issues with vanilla or 20XX. I've even had a friend burn his own copy for me, yet still no luck. Playing on an LCD btw.

Help is appreciated!
Uhm, there shouldn't really be a difference between loading this and regular 1.02/20XX hack pack. I'm sorry, but I think you've done something wrong on your end, either with the installation or your Neogamma settings. (Or maybe the disc itself is corrupt? idk)

I'm not really sure what I can do to help, I'm not that knowledgeable about these things but I don't see any reason why this would function differently. Though, to me, it sounds like you have the wrong video settings (which would explain the black n white/input lag). Not sure how an issue like that would come up on a LCD, but that's all I can think of.

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Uhm, there shouldn't really be a difference between loading this and regular 1.02/20XX hack pack. I'm sorry, but I think you've done something wrong on your end, either with the installation or your Neogamma settings. (Or maybe the disc itself is corrupt? idk)

I'm not really sure what I can do to help, I'm not that knowledgeable about these things but I don't see any reason why this would function differently. Though, to me, it sounds like you have the wrong video settings (which would explain the black n white/input lag). Not sure how an issue like that would come up on a LCD, but that's all I can think of.
Thanks for the input. It can't be my video settings, because vanilla and 20XX work perfectly fine.
I've even had a friend install one for me, using a different brand of blank disc. It was functional on his Wii, but the resolution didn't fit his LCD at all, and the graphics were blurry.

Maybe there's a problem with running Beast 5 on an LCD?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Maybe there is some problem with running disc ISOs when you add additional files to the file system. Idk, weird problem. But that's the only big difference I can see between this build and 20XX or vanilla.

Time to switch to USB/SD?

Flashblade

Smash Rookie
NNID
flashblade808
3DS FC
2895-8067-2774
Is there a way to play this on the wii so i can use my gamecube controllers and stuff?

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to play this on the wii so i can use my gamecube controllers and stuff?
You need to install homebrew channel on your Wii and then install Dios Mios/Dios Mios Lite/Nintendont followed by an USB loader. Then you put your Beast 5 ISO on an USB readable by the Wii and play it from there.
(Dios Mios=Loads from USB - Dios Mios Lite=Loads from SD card - Nintendont=Either (I think?))

Milk$

Smash Rookie
Is there any chance you could share that sweet TSM Fox skin that you made for Leffen?

Top Bottom