• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beam Mechanics

Phans

Smash Cadet
Dear Project M,

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this. It's phriqueienne amazing. You guys area awesome.
I recently watch the trailer for Project M 3, and what you've done with Samus is... you've blown my mind. The multiple beams are something I've always wanted, but I never in my wildest imagination thought someone would actually think to implement them.
That said: Please, please, PLEASE make Samus' beam feel a bit more like it does in the games. In both Brawl and Melee it behaves nothing like it does in the recent-ish Metroids, and it's a bit frustrating, seeing as Samus' most powerful and important weapons are her arm beams.

Keep up the good work!
-Phans

Phans

Smash Cadet
You mean the Charge Shot? Man, charge shot's fun. Super satisfying move to use.
Yup, that move. It's great, but it's nothing like Samus' arm cannon. If the arm cannon behaved exactly as it did in the metroid games, it would be ridiculously overpowered, but it would be nice to see it behave a little more similarly to its roots.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yup, that move. It's great, but it's nothing like Samus' arm cannon. If the arm cannon behaved exactly as it did in the metroid games, it would be ridiculously overpowered, but it would be nice to see it behave a little more similarly to its roots.
I think this is a case of balance > canon

Top Bottom