• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Be careful Spin Attacking near the edge!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I can't show video proof of this (have it recorded but don't know how to put it
on site), but I once saw a Toon Link slip off the edge while doing a Spin Attack.
He just hovered there a bit while doing the air animation, then fell and died.
Maybe he could've grabbed the edge, I don't know.

D

Deleted member

I've developed an awful habit of spin attacking too much (thanks to rollers that I've wanted to punish), so I've had this happen to me a few times. I think this happened in Brawl too, though.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I can't show video proof of this (have it recorded but don't know how to put it
on site), but I once saw a Toon Link slip off the edge while doing a Spin Attack.
He just hovered there a bit while doing the air animation, then fell and died.
Maybe he could've grabbed the edge, I don't know.
This was in Brawl, too. If you run up to a ledge or the edge of any platform and do up b right before the edge, he will start Spin Attack, and then he'll slide off the side while continuing to spin. It shouldn't happen if he's standing still when he does it though, is that what happened?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This was in Brawl, too. If you run up to a ledge or the edge of any platform and do up b right before the edge, he will start Spin Attack, and then he'll slide off the side while continuing to spin. It shouldn't happen if he's standing still when he does it though, is that what happened?
Yeah, I did see him run to the edge. Don't know why he span, though, I was
pretty far away. Circle pad john maybe?

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Sounds like the 'Spin Attack Fall (SAF).'
You wont automatically snap back onto the edge using this, so if you're not DI'ing back towards the stage you've basically lost a stock.

Last edited:

Cam~

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2257-7738
You should never Spin Attack close to the edge. If you're playing against a character that has a move that pushes (ex. Greninja's Hydro Pump,, Mario's F.L.U.D.D.), and it pushes you off the stage before the attack is done, you're dead. If you want to punish rolling, try Down Smash close to the edge. Its safer to use the Spin Attack in the middle, so try to stay there if you want your opponent to stop rolling. Also, the Falling Spin Attack is an issue, but it's fairly hard to pull off accidentally. I was messing around with a friend and I was trying to do it, and out of 10 times, it only worked 6 times.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
That's...actually a little frightening. Must make a mental note.

Top Bottom