• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta's Burst Movement

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
So I made this thread specifically to point out the true nature of Bayo's mobility potential. Id like to first point out NinjaLinks Bayo play.

http://youtu.be/McZy-5FJhGA

For all those that constantly refer to Bayonetta as being slow or lacking mobility, take yourself out of standard smash movement mindset and consider how ridiculously good After Burner kick and Witch Twist are at getting Bay around the map. These two moves allow her to not only move quickly, but also set her opponents up for combos and baits. It makes her way less predictable and much harder to punish.

http://youtu.be/9WvF03vcFWg

Not to mention the fact that neither ABK or WT put her in freefall. The technique of using these two moves not just for damage but also as additional movement options may be one of her strongest techniques in terms of compensating for her run speed. Note how NinjaLink is able to mix in nair and dtilt to box out opponents on the ground before jetting back into the air seamlessly.

http://youtu.be/fdyBx4aq0To

By dancing around through the air NinjaLink is essentially able to nullify Shiek's ground speed and keep her in a state of confusion. You can also witness this against other characters in the other Nebulous Prime 26 NinjaLink matches.

I made this a seperate thread because I feel that this could be one of the most important techniques to master for Bayonetta mains and shines a keystone in any Bayo playstyle, and wanted it to standout for people just picking up Bayonetta or stuck trying to figure out how to use her in neutral.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
This stuff belongs in the metagame thread please! Good write up, this is definitely something I should work on in the thread and in the game.

SameOldG

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this, I was gonna post something in the Metagame thread about her being a "b-button character". ABK is perfect for getting in and out, coming back to the stage so fast your opponent won't have time to set up an edgeguard. To add to this thread I wanted to say that for example her amazing mobility makes it possible to fthrow off stage to abk off the stage(not for damage just to get out there fast) to dair works while still being able to make it back. Another thing I have been testing is witch twist to edgeguard, if you catch you're opponent just right and the character has a mediocre recovery it can take out their recovery or set them up for an easy nair follow up or fair 1-2-3 which should take the stock. I've been having most success with running off stage and fast falling to witch twist. If you get airdodged the opportunity to bair may present itself for a potential stage spike. Another thing I do is to get the opponent off stage and if in range bullet climax then ABK out there for a bullet arts nair or dair and if the dair misses you may hit with witch twist which you'll need to use anyway. I like her combos but I love the surprise off stage attacks

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Does her ABK not ledgecancel? In Ninja links' videos he seems to often land dABK right on a ledge and he is still in landing lag... I feel like being able to space her dABK (or even ABK) properly to ledgecancel could be an incredible tool and make her really strong on platform stages...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Does her ABK not ledgecancel? In Ninja links' videos he seems to often land dABK right on a ledge and he is still in landing lag... I feel like being able to space her dABK (or even ABK) properly to ledgecancel could be an incredible tool and make her really strong on platform stages...
*NinjaLink lol

No it doesnt edgecancel. If it did.....hoo boy lol

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
*NinjaLink lol

No it doesnt edgecancel. If it did.....hoo boy lol
My bad, i wrote that pretty quickly ahah

And yeah... that would be incredible. On the upside, I thought that I had randomly started sucking a lot more and was unable to edgecancel... so at least there's that. Great gameplay by the way!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
My bad, i wrote that pretty quickly ahah

And yeah... that would be incredible. On the upside, I thought that I had randomly started sucking a lot more and was unable to edgecancel... so at least there's that. Great gameplay by the way!
Thanks for the support! :D

Top Bottom