• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta's 0-Death Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
This was the most optimized version I could come up with before the opponent has any real time to react:

Dtilt>Fair 1,2>ABK>rev downABK>Fair 1,2>WTwist>jump>WTwist.

1st attempt done flawlessly
2nd attempt the second hit on fair missed which is why DK didn't KO
3rd attempt done flawlessly
4th attempt DK DI'd out before I could connect with the second WTwist

The combo can also be started from a dthrow>dtilt or utilt>fair string.

I've found the hardest moves to connect with are the reverse downward ABK and the second WTwist; that said with more practice I'll be able to connect with ABK more consistently.
So far, I've only tested this on DK, Mario, my own main Palutena, and Bayonetta herself all on the same stage.
After multiple attempts Mario is able to escape before the second WTwist connects,
Bayonetta can WTime out of the string before the first WTwist,
and Palutena's slow fall speed allows her to DI out of the string before and after the reverse ABK connects.

I was however able to KO Mario from the middle platforms on Battlefield. It's possible that other characters can be KO'd from platforms on other stages as well. In addition, the opponent can still be KO'd in the same manner at higher percentages like around 40%, you just need to connect with the first ABK and continue from there.

More testing needs to be done, but tell me what you think.

Last edited:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
This was the most optimized version I could come up with before the opponent has any real time to react:

Dtilt>Fair 1,2>ABK>rev downABK>Fair 1,2>WTwist>jump>WTwist.

1st attempt done flawlessly
2nd attempt the second hit on fair missed which is why DK didn't KO
3rd attempt done flawlessly
4th attempt DK DI'd out before I could connect with the second WTwist

The combo can also be started from a dthrow>dtilt or utilt>fair string.

I've found the hardest moves to connect with are the reverse downward ABK and the second WTwist; that said with more practice I'll be able to connect with ABK more consistently.
So far, I've only tested this on DK, Mario, my own main Palutena, and Bayonetta herself all on the same stage.
After multiple attempts Mario is able to escape before the second WTwist connects,
Bayonetta can WTime out of the string before the first WTwist,
and Palutena's slow fall speed allows her to DI out of the string before and after the reverse ABK connects.

I was however able to KO Mario from the middle platforms on Battlefield. It's possible that other characters can be KO'd from platforms on other stages as well. In addition, the opponent can still be KO'd in the same manner at higher percentages like around 40%, you just need to connect with the first ABK and continue from there.

More testing needs to be done, but tell me what you think.
Its ok, but its very easy to get out of due to the second hit of F-air being unreliable. If I am not mistaken, only the first hit of F-air can be combod into side-b/up-b. Add into the fact that it is DK being used as combo fodder and you have the planets aligning for that to work.

Most 0-Deaths that she has rely on either a Witch Time starter or a ABK starter.

Ex:

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
Its ok, but its very easy to get out of due to the second hit of F-air being unreliable. If I am not mistaken, only the first hit of F-air can be combod into side-b/up-b. Add into the fact that it is DK being used as combo fodder and you have the planets aligning for that to work.

Most 0-Deaths that she has rely on either a Witch Time starter or a ABK starter.

Ex:
I started trying the combo while using only the first hit of F-air instead of two, as you mentioned. It works, is faster, and gives less room for the opponent to recover, so thank you.

The video you suggested isn't bad, I would only be wary of going that far offstage after using both jumps and Up-Bs as it seems that's the only way to get the combo to work.

After testing with every character on Final Destination, the characters that are KO'd reliably unless the Bayonetta player messes up are :4bowser:, :4dk:, :4link:, :4zelda:, :4ganondorf:, :4samus:, :4pit:, :4darkpit:, :4palutena:, :4robinm:, :4duckhunt:, :4pikachu:, :4charizard:, :4rob:, :4wiifit: and :4shulk:. If they still don't KO after the second Up-B you should be able to chain another set of F-airs again.
It also works well on :rosalina:, but only if Luma is not in the way.

All other characters either must DI out of the combo (:4mario:, :4metaknight:) or are able to float (:4jigglypuff:, :4peach:) or fall (:4fox:, :4dedede:) out of it.

All in all, it's a 0-death, at the worst a high damage combo, so every method is situational. It's very easy to come up with different mixups after landing the second ABK. Hopefully this way is more easily accessable than counting on the opponent to trigger a counter.

Darklink2nd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darklink2nd
3DS FC
0602-6753-0653
I'm not exactly sure if Down Throw to Dtilt is a free setup for this but the combo itself seems legit. Would not have thought of ABK to Hadouken ABK. This character is ridiculous lmao.

Sol_

Smash Rookie
Can you go over how you get that second witch twist to land? The first one always seems to knock them away. I assume this is the double jump cancelled witch twist I've heard about, but even off of a straight witch twist off the ground, I can't seem to link to a second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom