• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta kill options at high percent (Maybe a combo)

FernandoTuxo

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is FernandoTuxo from Brazil so sorry if there is a lot of grammatical errors.

Okay, le'ts go with this, everyone keeps telling me that Bayonneta have a problem killing at high percents now, but I think there is a way to close a stock with a combo. So listen, Bayonetta stiletto have a weird propertie that the animation of hitstun change depending where you hit your oponent. If you can manipulate this you can force the oponent into a position that you can kill him

Here is me (I'am bad don't judge) using the training room to show the possible combo, I say possible because I don't now a lot about smash and i could be wrong, but in the video I repeat the move until the combo box show that was 'true'. Maybe de oponent can DI, but most is just 3 hits and really fast. I tried this with medium and heavy weight, it works

Now there is a second video with another two combos, since is against the CPU9 there is no DI but the combo counter show that all the hits connect. The first you use downtilt close to the oponent, do a jab, then stiletto, cancel with a short hop wait a just a little bit and jab again and follow with stiletto and upair, normally you can be almost under the oponent and still will hit, but if you do the jab a little too high you lose the combo. Against medium weight like Pit you don't need the second jab, cancel with jump going a little to the back and use stilleto again and upair, will be a true combo. (I will post this later)

The second one that i used to close the stock is really easy, uptilt then stilleto, up b stilleto again then jump and upair. This one should be easy to DI because you use witch twist.

YouTube
Yes, I don't know how to play but I am trying to get the combos right.

So, what is your opinion? Does that work? If not don't work and de combo box lied to me? (Damn yooou comboooo box)

Thank you for the help

Last edited:

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
It does work now that WTw1 has lower KB in terms of linking without chance of airdodge, but it can be DI'd and SDI'd out of. At that %, the better kill confirm would be dtilt->uair or bair, or utilt into the same thing.

FernandoTuxo

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the response, using dair seems most effective but I like to have more than one way to close a stock.

I tried some new things now in the training room, all of the moves are combo confirm and a don't use witch twist so the DI influence can be lowered, there is versions of the same combo but changing directions or moves to confuse the DI. Hope it helps closing those stocks, bye

Top Bottom