• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta (and Corrin) Showcase at Niconico

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081

Future Bayo mains rejoice! We have new footage of Bayonetta in combat. This was showcased at the Niconico Championship just moments ago. It should be noted that these players had no previous experience with the characters.

Post your thoughts!

EDIT:

This additional fight just added to the official Smash Bros. Youtube:

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
"her combos may be a little slow to start..."
yeah didn't see much of that. low ending lag on basically everything.
witch time has some recover but risk reward is obvious.
watched the entire match still dont really know her weight class.
bair and upair are amazing
nair is pretty good.
possibly more than one combo throw (up throw maybe?)
taunts are god tier.
watch out for corrin pivot fsmash jeez thats gonna be scary.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I can count a number of buffs and nerfs in my head.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

ALSO RELEASE ON FEB 3 HYPE

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Another vid of the Umbra Clock Tower, this time form Nintendo UK:

Fortitudo roars at the 1:57 mark, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the fighters.

Last edited:

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
At the very least, Witch Time looks to be quite punishable outside of 1v1.

I was worried it might be a bit broken in doubles, so I'd call this good news.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
EPIC videos. I like how they incorporated Bayonetta's breakdance technique in her victory pose. The way she claps also looks very similar to how she claps during the cutscene when she first meets Loki.

Now that I've seen him in action, mine gut tells me I won't be too good with Corrin. [Shrugs] But I guess I won't know until I play him.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Yesss. She looks awesome. Looks like Bae's frame data is actually pretty solid. Her run speed isnt as fast as i thought it would be and she looks fairly floaty, but I expected as much. She also doesnt look as light as i thought she might be. So hype.

blackghost

Smash Champion
this also pretty much confirms that this stage is VERY legal right? there are no obvious issues with it.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Am i the only one who was really disapointed when these two got announced? Idk...... seems like everyone was really happy about bay but personally i wasnt happy about it at all... conker from conkers bad fur day would have been a way cooler mature character too add. She does seem fun to play with tho guess we'll find out on the 3rd

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Am i the only one who was really disapointed when these two got announced? Idk...... seems like everyone was really happy about bay but personally i wasnt happy about it at all... conker from conkers bad fur day would have been a way cooler mature character too add. She does seem fun to play with tho guess we'll find out on the 3rd
I is probably because you dont know much about Bayonetta. if you actually do, then its surprising to me that you have that view. Many people thought the original game was going to be lame, but it turned out to be a very creative take on the beatemup genre. Bayonetta embodies that, plus she has a lot of attitude and character to bring to the table.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
...really? I think it would have been the opposite.
IF you were to include a RARE character, Banjo Kazooie would be the better choice by far.
And conker wouldn't have contributed much to be honest. (great game, not so great character to be frank. I'll never forgive him for killing that innocent dino-baby)

Bayonetta in comparison is perfect.
Second game is a Nintendo exclusive (and friggin' amazing, Conker's Bad Fur Day is NOTHING in comparison), She herself always has and embodies fun, her move-set is perfect for a smash game, and last but not least; she is the ballot-winner.

Almost every female gamer i know voted for her, my GF included. (and she went all Etika when she saw Bayo's reveal)

Conker would have been meh.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
she seems kinda slow outside of her burst mobility. can anybody do comparisons to other characters, if possible?

also @Nairo if you got to play her can you tell us what you think?

blackghost

Smash Champion
she seems kinda slow outside of her burst mobility. can anybody do comparisons to other characters, if possible?

also @Nairo if you got to play her can you tell us what you think?
It seems a little weird but there are two reasons for this:
1. In her games in human form in game she isn't exactly fast. She goes to panther form for fast movement in game
2. It's a balance choice. Giving a fast character more burst movement is a bad idea unless perfectly executed (sonic)
She's average in speed so it's fine.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
QUOTE="HakuryuVision, post: 20813587, member: 288154"]...really? I think it would have been the opposite.
IF you were to include a RARE character, Banjo Kazooie would be the better choice by far.
And conker wouldn't have contributed much to be honest. (great game, not so great character to be frank. I'll never forgive him for killing that innocent dino-baby)

Bayonetta in comparison is perfect.
Second game is a Nintendo exclusive (and friggin' amazing, Conker's Bad Fur Day is NOTHING in comparison), She herself always has and embodies fun, her move-set is perfect for a smash game, and last but not least; she is the ballot-winner.

Almost every female gamer i know voted for her, my GF included. (and she went all Etika when she saw Bayo's reveal)

Conker would have been meh.[/QUOTE]

Yaa thats just how i feel.... i think banjo or conker would have been better or even knuckles. But i did grow up on those guys soo i am a little bias lol

Last edited:

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hyped for this, I'm imagined she wouldve been out by the 20th or something but Feb 3 is so close wow *screaming intensifies*

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Even rayman i feel would have been better but to each there own atleast bays better than corrin lol thats just my option on this dlc wasnt WOW'ed like everyone else.

theburningstars

Smash Rookie
NNID
theburningstars
She looks like she's got some moves similar to Zamus, and maybe as heavy as Zelda without the floatiness? God I hope so.
Also looks like in FFA and possibly Doubles, she'll be at a disadvantage. I think she'll be solid in singles though.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
She looks like she's got some moves similar to Zamus, and maybe as heavy as Zelda without the floatiness? God I hope so.
Also looks like in FFA and possibly Doubles, she'll be at a disadvantage. I think she'll be solid in singles though.
I think it will depend more on the teammate, if it's a character that can keep one of the other team away from her while she is doing a combo or another one that can continue her combos then she will be alright I guess.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I think it will depend more on the teammate, if it's a character that can keep one of the other team away from her while she is doing a combo or another one that can continue her combos then she will be alright I guess.
Or you could possibly play her a bit differently. I could see people pestering with bullet climax and going for a more hit and run approach, never really committing to super big combo unless maybe they catch both opponents at once.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Or you could possibly play her a bit differently. I could see people pestering with bullet climax and going for a more hit and run approach, never really committing to super big combo unless maybe they catch both opponents at once.
Or also use Bullet Arts, although those are more difficult to aim and dodge.

Top Bottom