• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bay Area Earthquake? ROUND TWO??????????????

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
It was a 5.6 quake, lasted 10-20 seconds. I hope everyone is allright, it was pretty scary. And because of the quake, one of my cats refuses to come in. And while I am posting this, I hear ambulances :(.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
the quake happened in the Alum Rock area of San Jose which is EXACTLY where I live...
so yeah i pretty much felt the worse of it

Double post sorry

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
whoa this was the first quake i have ever felt even tho iv been on the dround during a few. i coudl jsut never tell. i felt it aaaaall the way the hell out here in tracy. it shook my house enough to make my clothes in my closet swing back and forth.

its funny u say that about ur cat mike cause my cat predicted the quake. i was lying in bed and she was in my lap as content as ever, drooling even, then suddenly she stood up, paused for a moment, then ran out of the room. 10 seconds later the quake hit. freakin weird

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
All of Modesto felt it.

"My cat jumped before it happened!" (skeetbro's did too)
"My house shook!"
"I THOUGHT SOME TRUCK DRIVER RAN INTO THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE!"
"That was my first earthquake."
"There are never earthquakes in Modesto!"

etc.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
In terms of energy released, it's about about 32 times as much. The thing that's 10 times as big is how much the needle on a seismometer reads, which does not necessarily translate into "powerful" ^_^

I felt it in Santa Cruz, about 40 miles south, I was getting out the door to leave my apt building when it stopped. No damage here. It was at about 8pm.

This is a fun website:

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Miztik

Smash Master
My house got a lil shook up from it and im in Modesto, my computer almost fell and it spilt my juice (well i knocked it over tryin to save my monitor) lol

Miztik

Smash Master
yes i did, but i am a lil upset bout the juice cuz i was really thirsty lol jk but now my carpet is a lil orange but oh well

Jem.

Smash Master
Glad you're all alright. In Washington about five years ago, there was a huge quake. What was it, 7-8? (If anyone remembers) I was in Elementrary school running an errand during class and the ground was literally like waves in the ocean. Was so ill.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
5.6 and people are going crazy? I guess I must be hella old.

but yeah, if everyone's ok, that's what matters

--GCII
Around 2000 I lived in the bay area and we got slapped with a 5.4. It wasn't anything to serious, but I almost went through a glass closet door =/

I know it can be unnerving, and I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. But seriously, you get used to them earthquakes when you live in the bay area. That is nothing but mountains up there.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Well what I meant was, I was around in 89 for the Loma Prieta quake, so fivers don't make me go crazy unless there's mass destruction (unlikely).

I mean, there was one that struck San Jose during a sharks playoff game a few years ago that was fivesomething and I was like, whatever Nabokov just gave up a goal.

--GCII

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
What a coincidence, the SECOND I STEPPED outside the earthquake happened. I was like, "cool! look what my foot did!" But then I realized that all of the houses around me was shaking. It lasted around 5 seconds.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
"5.6 and people are going crazy? I guess I must be hella old.

but yeah, if everyone's ok, that's what matters

--GCII"

lol I know right? It wasn't bad at all and I see these old people outside having strokes and ****. I was laughing.

Top Bottom