• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGrounds Melee VI

ultravi0l3nce

Smash Cadet
Welcome to our sixth SSBM tournament!

Don't forget to check our website for information on store hours, prices, upcoming events, and contact info!

Also! PREORDER AND BUY YOUR GAMES WITH US! WHOLESALE PRICES!

Last month's winners:
1st - DJ Nintendo
2nd - GMoney
3rd - The Moon

Friendlies OK for entrants starting at 1PM and will run until the tournament ends. We usually have a surplus of TVs and cubes.

Prices;
Venue $10
Singles $10
-------------
Rules;
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes.
Standard DSR.

Starters/Neutrals;
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick;
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans;
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Think I'll finally make it out to one of these...

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I might be able to make it to this. Do you guys have recording setups and/or a stream?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I just realized, $10 venue fee and $10 for singles? No doubles either? Those prices are a little too high, especially the venue fee. Any chance of lowering them?

JKJ

Smash Ace
I aim to make it, but no promises right now...
I like these tournaments. A little pricey, sure, but the attendees are pretty awesome.
The Moon/DJ Nintendo/G$ are regulars at these.
Pretty sick if you ask me.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I'm goin for sure now. Probably bringing my Yoshi main friend.
Yo, iRobinhoood, Idk if you remember, but you eliminated me at the last BG (or was it two BG's ago? Idk).
I was the sh**ty Falco main (tag JKJ)....it's cool if you don't remember.
If you go, I'd love to play you again... I've improved a lot since we played, and I'd love to see how I'd do against you now!
No salt or anything, just think it would be fun to play you again.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm goin for sure now. Probably bringing my Yoshi main friend.
Yo, iRobinhoood, Idk if you remember, but you eliminated me at the last BG (or was it two BG's ago? Idk).
I was the sh**ty Falco main (tag JKJ)....it's cool if you don't remember.
If you go, I'd love to play you again... I've improved a lot since we played, and I'd love to see how I'd do against you now!
No salt or anything, just think it would be fun to play you again.
Dammit, can't make it. But this spring I'll be going to school out in long island so it seems Battlegrounds Tournaments are going to become a staple for me. I love these tournaments because they're on a Sunday and my buddy can only get off that day so we usually bring the crew. Can't wait to play again, I've also stepped up my Samus ;)

JKJ

Smash Ace
Aww that sucks...but that's cool, and yeah I love the BG tournaments, they're pretty good for how often they're held and how many good NY smashers come. Hope to see you at another one of these soon! And I'm sure you have, can't wait to play you again!

JKJ

Smash Ace
Great tournament! Feel awesome about how I did! Definitely getting a lot better; I can hold my own against players who destroyed me before!

ultravi0l3nce

Smash Cadet
Just realized someone took home the store's copy of SSBM. It was in the @ TV2 Wii. Lemme get it back ASAP.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Just realized someone took home the store's copy of SSBM. It was in the @ TV2 Wii. Lemme get it back ASAP.
i was just about to message you about that, i have it on accident i was in a hurry, ill make sure to give it back on wednesday if the store is open unless you need it earlier

Animal

Smash Lord
1.dj nintendo
2.Animal
3.Ben Grimm
4. Honeybadger

not exactly sure of the rest

Top Bottom