• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle-Ready: Brawl Video Series (Contest! Details inside)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
This is a video series I'm making to detail Brawl characters' basic movesets, strategies and combos. It's not going to go too in-depth, but it should help a lot of people in the time until Brawl comes out in the states. After that, I'll try to take it in a different direction.

Episode 1: Kirby
Episode 2: Ganondorf

There's a lot I could have done better, but it should still be pretty good for now. Leave any comments or critiques here or in the YouTube comments. Enjoy

-~=Contest=~-

As I mentioned in my first video, there's a lot I'd like to do with the series, but I only have so much time to work on it. The first thing I'd like to majorly improve is the initial opening. My skills in original media creation aren't too great, so I'd like to ask for some help in that regard.

Contest Description: Come up with a unique and catchy opener for the Brawl video series, Battle-Ready. Doesn't need to be more than a few seconds long.
Requirements:
-Must contain the text Battle-Ready, and the Wifi Wars logo somewhere in the opener
-Finished opener must be in either .mpg or .avi format. Quicktime (.mov) and windows media (.wmv) are not usable
Optional:
-Contain an episode number and character/theme for the week's video. For showcase purposes, can simply be listed as "Episode #" and "character" on-screen.
-Contain "with Omnigamer" or similar text
-An image to go with the week's character/theme. For showcase purposes, can be any character/image so long as it fits in well.
Bonus:
-Sound effects and/or a custom opening jingle

Deadline: Friday, March 21st, 2008.
Submission: upload the file to rapidshare, filefront, etc and send the link to the upload to me via PM. The openings will be judged on creativity/originality and overall presentation.
Reward: The winning opening will be used as the set opening for Battle-Ready in future episodes, and the author will be credited. Also, the author will be given a say in the character/theme of future works, as well as an opportunity to create future content for Battle-Ready and/or Wifi Wars.
Misc Comments:
I reserve the right to cancel the contest at any time without reason. If there are limited submissions, or the quality is subpar, I may elect not to use any of the submissions.

Sample Wifi Wars logo:
http://www.wifiwars.com/images/videobeginning.jpg

Thank you for all who plan to participate.!

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
This is a video series I'm making to detail Brawl characters' basic movesets, strategies and combos. It's not going to go too in-depth, but it should help a lot of people in the time until Brawl comes out in the states. After that, I'll try to take it in a different direction.

Episode 1: Kirby
Episode 2: Ganondorf

There's a lot I could have done better, but it should still be pretty good for now. Leave any comments or critiques here or in the YouTube comments. Enjoy!
Delicious. Watching now, will edit with my thoughts/critique.

*Edit 1, after watching first vid* Wow, excellent video. 9.0/10 Liked the music, it went well without getting too distracting, and good tunes were picked. Very insightful and informative, but my only qualm is that you should work on your speech a bit. It's still top-notch, but you seem to lock up a few times. Nothing that bad, but I'm just a perfectionist :laugh:

And Omnigamer out! Lol, I use the same phrase (albeit replace Omnigamer with SN3S)

*Edit 2, after watching 2nd vid* Once again, very nice. Near perfect, other than those few times you sortof locked up again. But nice touch adding in tracklistings. Can't wait to get my hands on that Ganondorf and his new command grab!

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I saw the Kirby one yesterday. It's actually well done, keep it up. I wanna see a Snake or Dedede one.

Zink

Smash Champion
Just as a heads up, some characters such as Ike already have full moveset videos, so you don't need to spend time doing it again. I appreciate the effort anyway.

I am SERIOUSLY annoyed that we can't get a working AR for Wii yet. We need visible hitboxes :(

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Just as a heads up, some characters such as Ike already have full moveset videos, so you don't need to spend time doing it again. I appreciate the effort anyway.

I am SERIOUSLY annoyed that we can't get a working AR for Wii yet. We need visible hitboxes :(
Yeah, but IMO I'd rather he does go back over them; his videos are always high quality, and the info is clear and concise.

Smash Cadet
When you're doing the movesets, could you put a tag in the corner to show which move you're demonstrating?

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
nice videos !! keep up the good works
i am looking forward for the falcon one

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
This was some excellent F*cking stuff omnigamer.... But keep more time for strategy aspect as most ppl already know of the basic moves by now.... Excellent none the less

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Wow, this vids are great. Very informative, hope to see more in the future! =D

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'm going to try to touch on one of the newcomers next week. Not exactly sure who yet, but I'll let you guys know for sure in a few days.

TyrantRo

Smash Cadet
:chuckle:Great Job!! I look forward to seeing the other characters. I can tell u really thought the whole thing out instead of one long video that was shot in one sitting.:chuckle:

Top Bottom