• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battery died within SSB cartridge, anyone know how to replace it?

Naki

Smash Rookie
Really disappointed today, I was about to play on my N64 and [Item Switch] wasn't there. Seeing it gone, I knew too well what had happened. All characters gone, all versus matches data, everything. As disappointed as I am, just old data I really didn't care about was lost.

Testing it out, I did unlock Captain Falcon and turned the game off. Turned it back on, he's no longer there. So I definitely know that it's the battery.

I know N64 games either had EEPROM or Flash RAM or even both.
Has anyone done this before or know a guide to fixing this or even where a good place to get a replacement battery?

Naki

Smash Rookie
I ended up finding that same page, thanks though for you help.
I though that I actually had to replace the EEPROM, not replace the CR2032.
I guess they literally meant when the battery is dead, it's dead.

Thanks again for your help.

sgsballer22

Smash Rookie
happened to me before, kept erasing data. eventually though it started saving it again.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
did you try blowing on it?

no, i'm just kidding. i'm sorry, that sounds really terrible.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Idk if its the same with n64 as with snes but you can really replace the internal batteries in those carts. its just a matter of replacing a watch battery inside, usually they sell the ones you need at radioshack or places like that. Depends if you're brave enough to crack open your cartridge to find out or not.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Naki's issue has already been solved Marth.
If i was a moderator this thing would be closed since yesterday.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
What's that spose to mean.
Naki's issue (battery in cartridge died) has been solved thanks to Wenbobular (nintendo battery replacement kit) this was solved yesterday so if i was moderator it would've been closed since yesterday unless people still need help but people are giving more answers(which aren't needed anymore) and comments like "oh yeah happened to me too"

:p

Superstar

Smash Champion
Naki could bump it, you know, if something happens later on.

It's better just to leave threads open. And not to minimod.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Naki could bump it, you know, if something happens later on.

It's better just to leave threads open. And not to minimod.
thread closures are up to the OP anyways lol
unless they are spam topics etc

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wow Dair, stop trying to espouse your moderator-ship. I'm pretty sure you've guaranteed yourself a spot NOT on the mod team now ~_~

Top Bottom