• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #1

BSP

Smash Legend
PS2 has Ice, Air, and Electric parts that are all unique to the stage.

Instead of CP'ing it, and learning tactics that will only work on that one stage, let's stick to the stages that test skills that are tested on pretty much any stage. That's my mindset ATM.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If anyone goes pocket MK game 3 against one of my Slidell friends cuz they think they're gonna lose, I'mma kill 'em.

BSP, what time do you think Brawl will start around? I might be going to the AL tournament the day before and will be back late Saturday. I'd rather catch extra sleep than wake up earlier and go watch Melee.

:phone:

pingding

Smash Apprentice
Melee? Awesome. I'll bring my Wii for Brawl and my Gamecube for Melee. I'll have to see about bringing a tv. I'm asking some family members to borrow two. I'll update if I can get them or not.

My buddy Pingding will most likely be coming too. If he does he can probably bring a tv and a Gamecube.
yo i can come and im for sure bringing my gamecube and not sure on a tv yet im gonna ask my brother and see if he has one i can borrow

Curlz

Smash Lord
BSP, I don't think Delfino needs to be banned. Delfino was legal at Apex and it was beneficial to more than just Meta Knight. ****, at some points throughout Apex I saw some MKs banning Delfino against characters like Wario, D3, Ike, Diddy, & Peach. Delfino doesn't just help MK, it helps out alot of the cast in the game.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
**** delfino, but zigsta are you good
Best darn Bowza this side of tha Mississippi.

Edit: BSP, just straight up, you are the TO. Whether or not MK is banned and/or what stages are banned are up to you. You shouldn't have to ask people what they think. Make a decision and stand by it. If everyone throws in their two cents then you got a mess.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Yeah Zigsta's a beast! Maybe next BRM u could have MK banned so we can see which is more fun, banned MK or legal MK with adjustments. Bomber is right tho the choice is yours. I'll attend when possible regardless of the rules.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well, I don't see why it seems like banning MK for BRM would be different compared to if we did it for a CIM when in reality it wouldn't. I say we ban him, but like I said, everything is up to the TO.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'm sure you know this but don't forget the oldest trick in the book, run the 1v1 tourney last.

edit: Actually looking at your schedule it might seem like you weren't going to do that. Fair warning, that teams tourney absolutely positively will not happen if its at the end of the day. With anything that isn't a normal rules 1v1, you have to catch people while they're so hungry for action that they'll sign up for anything. After the 1v1 tourney, nobody's hungry to fight anymore.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, thanks for the warning Blaise, I'll change that

And I see the ruleset concerns. TBH, I think I'm letting myself be swayed to easily by every little thing and changing my mind too quickly....idk, I Apex just startled me...

So what this will mean......

Unity Stagelist, with only Brinstar and RC banned...as I originally saw the stagelist becoming if MK remained legal

@Zigsta, I really have no idea on expected time frames, sorry :( I do know that I will try to run each event as fast as possible...we have a tendency to just get complacent and sit around for extended periods :urg:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hey bomber i see you play pokemon trainer any advice to a fellow player of him
PM later today. I have to be back at work for 10:30 today but I'll be of at 4. We can chit chat then. I'll be more than happy to help you out as much as I can. :)

@Zig- I'm up for it if you want me as a teammate

Top Bottom