• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baten Kaitos fans unite! The Kalas thread.

BETA

Smash Ace

Rumors say that Kalas is a character being taken into consideration by the developers. So, if he is in the game, what do you think his movelist will be? How about alternate colors and entrance (if there are entrances)?

B moves: (c/p'ed from a game guide, which appears to have quoted the magnus cards directly)

B: Energy wave - Wind-based finishing move mastered by Kalas. Shoots a wave of energy into the ground from the tip of his sword, which explodes around the enemy on impact.

>B: Lord of the wind - Wind-based finishing move mastered by Kalas. A lightning-speed rushing attack which sends him flying through the air, sword first, as if he were a human
bullet. (Exactly as it sounds)

\/B: ??? I don't know what could work for this one.

^B: Fangs of Light - Light-based finishing move mastered by Kalas. Collects light, focusing it on
his body and blade, and releases it to catch the enemy in a swirling column of light. (In the game, this sends him spiraling and gives him an upward thrust, which would be an ideal up+b recovery for him)

Fsmash could be Flash Explosion - Fire-based finishing move mastered by Kalas. Focuses energy on his sword and ignites the resulting mass, engulfing the enemies in flames.

Finishing attack used by grabbing that item: Chaotic Illusion - Time-based finishing move mastered by Kalas. Countless overlapping traces of his sword's path confuse the enemy and allow him to tear through its defenses. (In the game, it appears as if the enemy is being sliced up by imaginary swords from every direction).

Alternate costumes:

Altered color: ???

Angel Kalas (that's what I call it): White eyes. 2 perfect wings. Other perfections. It's a pretty obvious costume to put in the game, if you've played Baten Kaitos.

BETA

Smash Ace
I can dream... like I said, he's being considered, so he's got a much higher chance than Cloud, Krystal, Sonic, and any of those other wishful characters people want... combined.

BETA

Smash Ace
Geeze, if you haven't played the game Kalas is in, and all you're doing is trying to raise your postcount, please don't post, unless you'd actually like to contribute to this thread.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Phsyically, he would definitely fit. I loved that game. Lyude for SSBB!!!!!!!

Anyway, Kalas would kick so much A**. I don't remember them exactly, but yea...the last 4 of the 9 or 10 Finishing Magnus would definitely be his moves.

Great Mizuti!!! OMFGWTFBBQ! Sorcerer's Seal, Heaven's Pillar, Shadow Gate, Prominence-FTW. [coolest char even though you think you know her gender when you don't]

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
Kalas? I dont know about this. I do think it help sell ssbb because of the popularity of baten kaitos

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
BETA said:
Geeze, if you haven't played the game Kalas is in, and all you're doing is trying to raise your postcount, please don't post, unless you'd actually like to contribute to this thread.
My contribution is that there's a thread for this already. The creator of the thread just wants to make his point seem more important. I'm contributing, I don't need to play the game chump-o.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Grimie said:
A: Bentobox.
Gotta be the best reply I've ever seen in my life.

As for Baten Kaitos Kalas guy, I hope you never see him in Brawl and you break your Wii from sheer rage. But it's OK, here's a picture of the pope to cheer you up:

EDIT: +1

BETA

Smash Ace
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Anyway, Kalas would kick so much A**. I don't remember them exactly, but yea...the last 4 of the 9 or 10 Finishing Magnus would definitely be his moves.
Everyone has 9. But no, don't just choose his last 4, put ones that will actually fit the direction.
Grimie said:
My contribution is that there's a thread for this already. The creator of the thread just wants to make his point seem more important. I'm contributing, I don't need to play the game chump-o.
No, there isn't a thread for this. I searched "Kalas" on this forum before creating this thread, and there isn't one already for him.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
I agree. Kalas is cool and all but smash is not for him. This thread is over thanks for playing.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yes, because your opinion bears so much weight on this forum. Also, you have it the wrong way round; It'll help sell Baten Kaitos because of the popularity of Smash Bros.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this somewhere else, but Kalas would be great in Brawl. How does he not fit in? That's like saying Link doesn't fit in.

Personally though, I think that Savyna would be better. She's fast, agile and has strong attacks. Like Fox. Also, she's hot, and going by ZS Samus, Nintendo aren't afraid of putting in attractive female characters. Kalas has a sword. There's too many of those already.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, don't like the idea. It would be too much human for a Smash game (Snake's already there).With that I don't mean that its not possible.
Would be funnier to see Gibari. He can curse in his taunt ^_^.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Bah, who wants Kalas? I want Lyude! XD

Well, Kalas (and Lyude!) would be cool ideas, but I don't thik that they are getting into the game.

It's not that I hope that they will tho.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
forblaze71 said:
Yes, because your opinion bears so much weight on this forum. Also, you have it the wrong way round; It'll help sell Baten Kaitos because of the popularity of Smash Bros.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this somewhere else, but Kalas would be great in Brawl. How does he not fit in? That's like saying Link doesn't fit in.

Personally though, I think that Savyna would be better. She's fast, agile and has strong attacks. Like Fox. Also, she's hot, and going by ZS Samus, Nintendo aren't afraid of putting in attractive female characters. Kalas has a sword. There's too many of those already.
I'm not saying that Kalas wouldn't fit into Brawl, but...I think there would be too many swordsmen for one dose of new characters.

BETA

Smash Ace
Sorry, don't like the idea. It would be too much human for a Smash game (Snake's already there).With that I don't mean that its not possible.
So, for some reason, Snake is the only "much too human" character allowed in SSBB? And he's no more humanlike than Marth or Roy.

There's only 4 swordfighters so far. You know there's going to be more Pokemon, so they're probably going to add more swordsmen, from one RPG series or another.

I don't know what you guys are getting at here. I can see him fitting into the game much better than Snake or a few characters already in the game, like Jigglypuff. I would have never imagined her in a fighting game.

I was hoping for a sensible discussion on Kalas, not a bunch pointless reasons he shouldn't be in the game. Although he's a considered character, he might not make it, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

JmcShocker14 said:
I agree. Kalas is cool and all but smash is not for him. This thread is over thanks for playing.
Oookay...
JmcShocker14 on another thread said:
What is your problem? This is a simple debate and you're acting like a baby. THats a good idea. AND ITS ONLY AN IDEA. you need to have some sort of respect for people opinions
You purposely trying to be a hippocrite?

Falcon-comboartist

Smash Cadet
I love baten kaitos, and Kalas seriouslly needs to be included, and if you have worries about too many swordsmen in SSBB, dont include charcaters like Ike from fire emblem, but add guys like hector (the axe guy from FE for GBA) or the spear main character from FE2 for GBA (cant recall your name spear guy :urg:

scyther250

Smash Cadet
I certainly think that Kalas fits the theme of SSBB more than many other characters. And to address the fact that there are a lot of sword users, consider this: the sword is a very versatile weapon - it's easy enough to think of new types of swings and thrusts for smashes and such. but for his special moves, I have a better idea than that shown at teh beginning of this thread:

B: Water BLade - Kalas charges up hsi sword, building up a scythe of water. When it's full, you can store it like Sheik's needles. It does fair damage, but little knockback.

B>/<: Chaotic Illusion - A series of sword slashes in front of him, like Marth's Dancing BLade but slower and more powerful. Can be used in teh air liek Dancing BLade to give you a boost.

B^: Either (a): Fangs of Light - Kalas spirals up slashing, like Link's Spin Attack, but he goes into the air even when it's used on the ground.
Or (b): Lord of the Winds - Similar to Firefox, he charges up adn then blasts in teh direction of your choosing.

Bv: Energy Wave - On the ground, Kalas slams his sword into the ground, making a powerful shockwave on both sides, like DK's ground clap thing, but only once - no comboing. When in teh air, either Kalas should shoot down a beam that makes the same explosion, or he plunges downward with the sword ready to plant in teh gorund, and then makes the explosion.

Yeah. It fits so perfectly, it's almost as if he were made for SSBB.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Kalas is a cool character, who is underrated. He should be in, he fits perfectly, and I'd love to see him and Link fight. His stats would be something like this, based on a scale of 1-5

Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Jump: 5
Range: 4
Overall: 4

As for Lyude, he's a girly man so no.

bbb

Smash Champion
Kriegsseele said:
Bah, who wants Kalas? I want Lyude! XD
Curses, that's what I wanted to say.

The man shoots you with a variety of horns! It doesn't get better than that!

Moonless

Smash Rookie
I don't like Baten Kaitos, and I like Kalas even less. However, I do think he'd fit perfectly in SSBB. Firstly because his attacks would be easily made, since BK has tonnes of attacks that would fit directly, with hardly any need to invent anything (less chances of appearing something farfetched).
Secondly because he's the hero of the first BK, a series that is likely to be Nintendo-only.

If Namco is going to help with SSBB, I bet Kalas will be seriously considered.

PS: I agree, Lyude rocks compared to Kalas.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
What is it with men who look like girls being so popular around here?

Kalas was by far the best character in that game(despite the fact I hate his blue hair)

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Kalas would make a great addition to brawl, and baiten kaitos SHOULD be represented ( luved that game) though i thinks it's unlikely any1 other than kalas would sneak in there ( dam, i want Mizuti!!!!)

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
OMG! I'm a HUGE Kalas fan! I think he would be a great adition to Brawl! His moveset would be awesome! Since Baten Kaitos isn't a well known game more people would play the game and it would get more popular! Kalas is just as deserving to be in Brawl that any other character! ^_^

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
what franchise is this guy from? you could at least provide a little info of this guy instead of just giving it a moveset. I've never heard of this guy before. I'd say... no. If I've never heard of a character before, i doubt they are popular. maybe if this character was first party, Id give it a chance but i don't even know where he is from.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
Kalas is from Baten Kaitos. It's a Game Cube game by Namco. Kalas is the main character of the game and is a sowardsman. He's awesome and is really powerful. He has wings so his jumping would be like Pit's I guess. You should play Baten Kaitos it's great! It's my favorite RPG! ^_^

~Kalas Raven

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
a 3rd party flying swordsman? hmmm... well first of all, we all know the number of 3rd party characters will be extremely limited... second of all, we already have put and metaknight as flying swordsmen... i dunno, maybe...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I enjoyed Baiten Kaitos... but I despised the characters. The voices were disastrous, and the characters had an odd penchant for puffy clothes making them look like a runaway circus (especially Xelha).
Here, for those who are oddly too lazy to look him up but not so lazy to make posts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baten_Kaitos
While I don't really like the character, I think he would fit SSB fine. While he is a human character... well, do I even have to answer this? Over half of melee's characters are human. In the strictest sense of realistic, then there are still six truly human characters (including sheik and Y.link). Kalas has blue hair and wings. Not many humans walking (flying?) around these days like that.
Also, BK came out only for the gamecube. I think that makes him more likely than a lot of 3rd party sorts.

Do you think he'd constantly be hovering above the ground instead of walking? That actually would be interesting. Probably easy to knock him away.

Additionally... I believe BK was popular enough to warrant inclusion, being past the popularity of the ice climbers before melee.

T-major

Smash Champion
I havn't played the game, and probably never will. but I'm going to say yes to Kalas. he seems like he would fit, and be interesting. also, we need more swordsmen.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
I'm so happy so many people here want him in the game! Some of people on the other boards I post on say he should be in it, but a lot don't think so. I would love to see Link vs. Kalas! It would be so awesome!! ^_^

T-major

Smash Champion
Kalas would be too similar to pit
no he wouldn't... or would he? I haven't played the game, so I wouldn't know. but based on looks alone they don't seem similar. Kalas only has one sword, while Pit has two that can form together to make a bladed bow. this gives different A attacks. I don't know what Kalas's B moves could be, but he dosen't have a bow so thats one similar B move thats out of the question.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I can dream... like I said, he's being considered, so he's got a much higher chance than Cloud, Krystal, Sonic, and any of those other wishful characters people want... combined.

Uuh... Krystal actually has a VERY high chance at being in. Since there is only Fox as a char, and with Wolf being the obvious villain char, and Krystal is on Sakurai's list, as with Diddy and Ike, she has a better chance of being in then the other three combined.

Top Bottom