• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bat smash shown in SSE video.

hugofalc

Smash Cadet
Lucas is shown using a stick for a smash attack in the newest sse video update. Wonder if this is another strike against Ness' return... Oh well, regardless another Lucas move was confirmed.

I initially thought bat because if I'm not mistaken Lucas gets a bat towards the end of the game.

*Edit to change from bat to stick

scormac

Smash Rookie
i like it im a great ness fan but i dont mind if he replaces ness as long as he doesnt play to diffrent wich he doesnt cuz he has the bat^^

Nicktendo

Smash Ace

Looks to me like its a wooden stick/branch with leaves on it.. Same exact animation though as Ness's bat.

Im pretty sure Ness is gone... Sakurai wanted to replace him with Lucas before, now he got his chance.

But does Lucas ever use a branch/stick as a weapon in Mother 3?

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
yeah, Lucas uses wooden poles and sticks in Mother 3 (except for a scepter towards the end), so he wouldnt be swinging around a bat

still, it looks essentially the same as Ness' move

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
did you guys notice the move just before the bat/stick swing? where lucas twirls thru the air?

at first i thought forward air, but not im considering the possibility that it could be some other attack such as a non-electric cooldown spin after his upB recovery

what do u guys think?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Def looks like a tumble, Nair sort of thing. I'm too tired right now to go rewatch the vid. Yay for stick.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind.
Upon closer inspection, Lucas doesn't jump beforehand, there's no way his momentum with that short of a jump would carry him that far.
He does, however, run beforehand. I think this is Lucas' running attack.
I don't think the stick hurts Ness' chances any, it's probably a weaker attack, because it's not quiet the same animation. His knee winds up practically on the ground and he squints his eyes like the coward afraid to hit people that he apparently is, and winds up holding the stick in one hand at the end.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
actually, i think it's his neutral arial. I must agree that he flew forward a little too far with it, but in mellee, fox's neutral kick did have some distance, so maybe since he's spinning his body, his body acts as the kick and moves for better range. but i'm still unsure. so don't take my word for it. oh yeah, YaY for the stick!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
the spin thing looks pretty sweet, the way he did that whole roll thing afterwards was hella tight too :D

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

Looks to me like its a wooden stick/branch with leaves on it.. Same exact animation though as Ness's bat.

Im pretty sure Ness is gone... Sakurai wanted to replace him with Lucas before, now he got his chance.

But does Lucas ever use a branch/stick as a weapon in Mother 3?

let me tell you this much, when i saw the vid before the f smash he, does what seems to be ness's n-air, (the little spinny thing) then he hits with something, it s is not clearly visible if it is a BAT or not, because i know that lucas uses a stick in the MOTHER series instead of a bat, this is just my opinion but if LUcas used a stick in the film, and not a bat, that gives Ness any little hope to return....

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think Lucas did a running jump which is what caused the momentum. If you pause it, you can clearly see him jumping in the air

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
If that is his Fsmash, then what is this?

Interesting. Maybe ftilt? Could be a weak little hand zap good for comboing (low knockback).

That looks like a fair, so the tumble could be his nair and this looks more like his fair since its a kick in that direction

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm sad Ness is out, but now that I know Lucas has a bat/stick move, I'm okay with it. It's really Ness' unique moveset that I liked, although I did play Earthbound for SNES...

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Definitely his dash attack.
He's in a pose that makes him look like he stopped to do the attack, it's exactly the same as Ness' dash attack except with one hand instead of both, and he has the dust cloud that makes it look like he's running.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
i say thats his f-tilt or A
the jumping spin thing should be his N-air similar animation as ness's N-air just hits like zelda's N-air with good knockback i think

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Maybe ftilt? Could be a weak little hand zap good for comboing (low knockback).

That looks like a fair, so the tumble could be his nair and this looks more like his fair since its a kick in that direction
I'd say it's his back air, look at his awkward position. Plus we already knows he kicks as a back air like Ness.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
When I saw Lucas swing that stick I nearly crapped myself out of joy. The inclusion of the bat was the only thing I was still waiting for. Sure, it is not the same as the bat, but it is good enough. Let's just hope it hasn't been nerfed...and that is his dash attack.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
When I saw Lucas swing that stick I nearly crapped myself out of joy. The inclusion of the bat was the only thing I was still waiting for. Sure, it is not the same as the bat, but it is good enough. Let's just hope it hasn't been nerfed...and that is his dash attack.
Yeah definitely glad about that,. I'm a little disappointed that it looks like he won't be having the yoyo, but its no biggie compared to the Bat/stick idea. By the way, does anybody have the link for the video where he's using it?

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Yeah definitely glad about that,. I'm a little disappointed that it looks like he won't be having the yoyo, but its no biggie compared to the Bat/stick idea. By the way, does anybody have the link for the video where he's using it?
There's no guarantee Lucas doesn't have the Yo-Yo. He might have it as his Up Smash, since we've only had his Up Strong confirmed.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I'm just glad he at least has some sort of weapon that resembles the Bat, I used it all the time! not repeatedly like a n00b but to the extent where I was able to use it to my advantage (if that makes any sense...)

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
It looks more like a Tree Branch to me.
And that picture with Lucas in the PictoChat stage, looks like that might be his down smash.

Top Bottom