• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Peach Tutorial [Part 1] (Video)

Guide Basic Peach Tutorial [Part 1] (Video)

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
Trainer_Nate submitted a new guide:

Basic Peach Tutorial [Part 1] - This guide is for incoming Peach mains.

All feedback is welcomed.

This guide is for the incoming Peach mains. Note that any incorrect information will be posted in the description of the video. This is part 1 of a 2 part guide. In this guide we go over how to float, turnip properties, Combos (Some), Jab reset, edge guarding, and more.
Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I would suggest
  • Embedding that link
  • Mention Up-B's B-reverse in this same guide, one of the main causes of death for an inexperienced Peach player is hitting the ledge with your back(aside for retreating the umbrella, of course)
  • You should illustrate concepts behind combos and what they are made from, instead of showing endless combos to cookie cut.
Aside for that, it was quite some good, though some more text to assist the voice can help quite a bit.

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
I would suggest
  • Embedding that link
  • Mention Up-B's B-reverse in this same guide, one of the main causes of death for an inexperienced Peach player is hitting the ledge with your back(aside for retreating the umbrella, of course)
  • You should illustrate concepts behind combos and what they are made from, instead of showing endless combos to cookie cut.
Aside for that, it was quite some good, though some more text to assist the voice can help quite a bit.
--
I embedded the link as you suggested. In the follow up guide I will address the B-reverse and illustrate the combos through on screen buttons in the follow up guide. Thank you for watching the video and the feedback!

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
--
I embedded the link as you suggested. In the follow up guide I will address the B-reverse and illustrate the combos through on screen buttons in the follow up guide. Thank you for watching the video and the feedback!
With "illustrating the concepts" I mean that you should simply tell what are the roles of an attack in a combo, for istance "Dair true combos with every aerial, needing a double jump or to hold a float depending on the knockback, to hit with Bair you must launch backward, with the backward part of the move, with proper spacing you can use platform to link more Dairs, depending on the character, a single float can chain up to three Dairs" or "DThrow true combos at very varied percentages with Bair, unless DIed upward, for that a vertical reversed Up B is a true combo, Bair may be mix-upped with a Fair for great knockback and damage"; this lets the viewer have a clear scheme about how to create a combo, resulting in easier learning that just memorize buttons, he also gets where those combos do or do not work, like in the examples above, where I skipped quite a good chunk of stuff, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom