• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BASED SAKURAI MADE BAIR INTO COMBO MOVE: New combos thread!

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
So I put this post in the patch thread:

"HOLY **** LANDING BAIR TO NAIR IS A TRUE COMBO NOW. I got it on Mario on FG in training mode!!! You can land Fire after the nair too! Does 32% done perfectly and with all hitboxes of bair!:crazy:
Testing edit: on the lovably comboable C. Falcon, I got landing Bair-bair for 18% and landing bair to all hits of nair for 26%! My god!
EDIT AGAIN: Hit Falcon for 21% with 2 perfect bairs. This is amazing!!!
Edit#3: Can't seem to land Fire on some characters if you begin the bair at 0%. This combo will be a tricky beast to optimize :dizzy:
For instance, I can't get the 32% combo on Falcon until 8%, and I can't seem to land the Fire at 12%, but bair to nair still works.
EDIT4:On DK... As expected, it's a ton easier to land a perfect 29% nair to bair, but I can' land Fire afterwards until around 15%? But I can landing bair to aerial bair to Fire for 24% at 0% because of his huge hitbox and high weight. Wow this is interesting."

I have now confirmed that bair to any aerial is not guaranteed on the lightest-lighter characters, but bair to nair at least works in training mode on ALL characters. Yes, even Jigglypuff.

On some characters, any aerial will combo after landing bair if the percent is right. One example is landing bair-uair-Fire on Dedede for 31%.
Another thing I did on Dedede: landing bair to 9. YES, IF YOU'RE FAST, JUDGEMENT WORKS ON HALF MOST OF THE CAST!!! They don't even have to be that heavy, I landed the true combo on Mario SHIEK. So if they DI wrong...

Edit: now videos on my Youtube channel for this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqGZXxzwXNWQ_kFEGwM4rEzA209SwvMwH

This takes some time to learn the timing, and also you have to react when you hit the ground with bair, but bair now has little enough landing lag to follow up true combo afterwards. Obviously, this is gonna do wonders for our damage game, because a single 9% move that was relatively easy to hit will now lead to a guaranteed 20%+. It can be as much as 30% if they are at perfect percent.

However, I have yet to study how much DI will affect this.
EDIT: DI away generally makes it so you can only land nair, and some of the lighter characters will escape with proper DI.

I will be studying how effective this will actually be on the morrow, because it's well past midnight and I need to sleep.

What do you think? Any other new/buffed combos due to reduced landing lag? How about nair or uair, those might have changed! I hear nair more reliably combos into uair on the last hit! Share your combos, and your hopes for landing bair, below.

For instance, the final hitbox of nair(on the back) comboes into uair, into Fire! I got this on Jiggs too, so I figure it'll work on most of the cast at lower-mid%
I'll be updating my guide with a brand spanking new combo section soon, so look forward to that!
EDIT: Bair landing lag was not outright reduced according to the venerable KuroganeHammer. Apparently, we were just too lazy to find out if bair comboed after 1.0.8 buff. Changes to character still unknown, but might not affect gameplay.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'm positive that it's not placebo after testing it myself.

Landing bair has endlag that's comparable to, if not the same as fair now. However, for some reason, the endlag you receive if you land after the turtle disappears but before the auto cancel frames is the same as before, so you need to fastfall it if you want to be able to short hop it safely.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
Again, this could be done prepatch. I've done basically all of these new combos today on the 1.0.8 version. The buff, if there is any at all, didn't create combos. It made them easier.

Top Bottom