• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Barrel rolls galore!

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
I apologize for nothing. Sauron's written 5 guides now, and none of them have had any sort of valuable kernel of truth to work off of. His "tips" are all outdated and naive, and every time he makes a new guide the denizens of that character's board are quick to point them out. I don't think they could be helpful to anyone, no matter what their level of noobiness, because the insights are incredibly lacking and there's more misdirection than anything else. I myself wrote a very lengthy post on his first guide trying to help him and telling him to focus on studying the game rather than trying to disseminate information that he doesn't have. He's now moved on to characters he doesn't play/doesn't understand/already have amazing guides written for them. No matter how much people may modify this guide, it won't have even one thousandth of the use that CunningKitsune's mammoth guide is. Sauron is clearly just stubborn and believes far too much in his own abilities. Admittedly, he's 14, but some of the best players in my region are in that 14-16 age range, and are more knowledgeable, and more ready to heed advice than give it out.

Anyways, the claim we've been "disgustingly nasty" is pretty hilarious. We've done more to try to help him out than you have, but we've reached a point where we realize it's folly and the tragic turns into the comedic. Tons of people have been dumb on the internet as a kid and been chewed out for it, myself absolutely included. I can look back on my past self, have a laugh and shake my head. Hopefully Sauron will grow up to be someone who can see where they have failed in the past and move past it, and not continually stick his head in the sand when people unanimously give him decent advice.

I'm gonna stop posting in these from now on though because at this point it feels like I'm being reverse-trolled...

Top Bottom