• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baalzabub

Smash Rookie
This is my first post here so dont rip me apart, im sure you have all had a lot of posts saying this char for brawl, that character for brawl, in fact you have probably suggeted this before, so i hope you dont get bored. But does anyone think banjo-kazooie as a viable 3rd party character for brawl (yes 3rd party, as much as i love xbox, i hate microsoft for buying rare, what a waste of resources). If this has been done in depth before i am sorry for wasting precious forum space and would like to know a link to that post thank you.

As far as i see it there are a few reasons why banjo-kazooie would be a good character.

Like the original series the 2 character dynamic would be interesting

B-K has an existing moveset that would be very easy to transfer into brawl moves, i wont tell you my ideas because im sure its more interesting if the banjo lovers out there get excited about this themselves and post a really good moveset, mine would be aweful. But the moves he has in the original series does cover things like area attacks, more powerful attacks(smashes), stationary attacks ( bear claw for mashing A), running attacks (the roll), im sure u get the jist.

With the new B-K 3 game comming out after brawl it would be a great way to hype the game on rares part.

He has been on many a nintendo console, even since the takeover of rare by microsoft so he is viable for a 3rd party character.

There is also one major problem that means he is unlikely to be seen.

Microsoft owns rare and the rights to B-K, they have been very strict about these rights with games like the new D-K racing port on the DS having banjo and conker removed.

I would like to know what has been said about Banjo in the past as i am not an active member of your forums and if any of you lot have any love for this bair and bird. Personally i think he fits in 10x as well as snake does to brawl and his whole dynamic as being a platformer character would transfer over really easily. Also if any resident experts wants to post a good moveset that would be great.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Trust me, Banjo-Kazooie is a very commonly wanted character (as is Conker), but the fact of the matter is that Microsoft owns Rare now. They're chances are near zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom