• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Thank You Siggie Campaign Thread!!!

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
This past week, we didn't collect Jiggies. We collected Siggies.

Hold on to your shorts, folks, because this is the...

seanhicksbanjothankyou.png

ThankyouSakurai_twitter_seanhicks.png

jamesdnaux_banjothankyouart_shrunk.jpg

Art from SeanHicksArt and JamesDNaux over at the Banjo discord, respectively

BANJO-KAZOOIE THANK YOU LETTER MEGATHREAD!

Okay, so, for the past week, the Banjobros and I have been collecting thank-you signatures and messages from people to send to Sakurai, Nintendo of America and the new Xbox corp in thanks for putting the bird and bear on the Smash roster.

Here are some facts:

FINAL SIGGIE COUNT (after removing duplicates and troll signatures): 4808

FINAL PAGE COUNT OF THE LETTER AND MESSAGE PACK: 222 pages. 413 on the Google Doc.

Link to the final signature and message list: http://tinyurl.com/banjokazooiethankyou (ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO CLICK ON THAT LINK -- that damn doc is cursed with the hate of every Stevebro in existence. It is over 413 pages in size. If your computer is of weak constitution, then this thing will drive the pain train right through your processor, and your browser will buy a ticket. Don't say I didn't warn you)

FINAL IMAGE COUNT: 35

THANK-YOU CAMPAIGN CREDIT REEL:

Mitchell Cairns on Discord for processing all of the signatures and messages in Python, and setting up a script to put them all into images
Madda Madda for finding the screenshots used in @mitchellcairns's lovely Python script
@AlfY over on the Banjobros' Discord
Banjodorf Banjodorf
Gnome G'Lad from the Banjo discord for making the thank-you campaign Reddit thread
papagenos papagenos for getting the word out amongst the Genobros
JamesDNaux JamesDNaux and SeanHicksArt SeanHicksArt over at the Banjo discord for sending us lovely fanarts
okamifire okamifire for being willing to print out that monstrosity of a final doc file and sending it to Nintendo of America and the new Xbox Corp.
/u/SasquatchDroppings on Reddit for translating the letter to Japanese
Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept for getting the word out amongst the Isaacbros

If you helped out and I forgot you, PM me on Discord so's I can add you proper here.

Also send us thank-you fanart so we can spam the spoilered section above and crash Smashboards! Yay! :D

FINAL CUT-OFF DATE FOR ALL MISSED SIGNATURES IS MONDAY! PM ME BEFORE THEN IF YOUR SIGGIE WASN'T ADDED! IF YOU DON'T SPEAK UP BY MONDAY, TOOOOOOOO BAD!

UPDATE: 6/20/2019

Okay, so the plan is to send the 35 rendered images of the signatures to the developers on Twitter, then to snail-mail Nintendo of America and Xbox Corp. the final doc over the weekend. Here we'll post pictures of the envelopes and of any stuff they send in return if they do so!

Check this section for updates, photos, and cool stuff!

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm super glad to be part of this. I'll make sure I take lots of pictures along the way! Whether I can get this printed at work or have to run to a printing center, I don't see any reason why these won't be in the mail Saturday morning!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It seems my signature didn't make it...or at least, I can't find it...

Who could I send a private message to? I don't feel comfortable sharing my name in public on here... edit: good to go, thank you okamifire okamifire

Very happy we got a lot of "siggies," though. Disappointed that immature Steve fans(?) decided to continue making other Steve fans look bad.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
That tinyurl link doesn’t show them all it seems. The actual doc is 200+ pages, formatted. You can DM if you want and I can check the full one!

D

Deleted member

I can't seem to find my Sig (B.K).

Please don't tell me it was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I’ve had a few people DM me so far, and in all cases I’ve found them. Just sent you a DM to confirm.

That tinyurl is missing literally thousands of signatures, the one going in the mail has many many more. =)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah dang, it's probably too late to send my sig

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I was told we're going to hold off on sending this for a day or two for some wrapping up and getting some details straight, but did want to let everyone know they can check the attached PDF which should load very quickly without any problems instead of trying the massive Google Docs one above. This PDF was reduced quality so I could upload it here, the original one is a bit higher resolution (though it's 99% text, shouldn't really matter, hah.)

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Glad to see myself on the signatures!

I was scared about the idea of being taken out, but thankfully it is not the case.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Glad to see myself on the signatures!

I was scared about the idea of being taken out, but thankfully it is not the case.
It was just a few troll signatures and a bunch of duplicates that were removed -- original siggies for the duplicates were left in. No legit signature should have been removed.

We can take this weekend to finalize anything -- any stragglers left, hit me up on Discord, 'cos this ***** is going out on Monday. Last call!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you seem to have someone on the list twice

also i requested to be on this and i got left out

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Pretty sure everyone signed it themselves using the link in the Banjo thread / reddit / etc. over the last week or so. PM Kite and let her know you missed the signing, I haven’t printed out the final one yet, she can definitely add you.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm thinking it was a good thing we took the weekend out to knead out all of the kinks.

you seem to have someone on the list twice

also i requested to be on this and i got left out

All right, whose name is on there twice, and PM me your name and message -- I'll look for it and if it's not there, I'll have it added.

Did you sign the Google Form?

We have the weekend to finalize everything; I'm glad you said something before Monday. :p

EDIT: Whoops, we missed a troll message. All right, deleted~

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Good to see myself on the list, I actually used my real name over my online name. I've wanted them back longer than I've had any online account

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
An update on the letter! https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe

I'll be adding and probably modifying that once I get more pictures. I hope to get some in better lighting conditions of the letter and whatnot, but I did want to share with you guys now as well. I plan on mailing it midday at the USPS tomorrow (Monday). I'll definitely take pictures of the envelope and anything else along the way.

I planned on putting "Thousands of Banjo & Kazooie Fans" on the Return Address section of the letter, unless something else would be better. I'll put my own mailing address for the actual address part in case we actually get a response from either Nintendo or Microsoft.

Once I get all of that done I believe there was interest in pushing this out on a digital front too. I did plan on emailing Nintendo and Microsoft a digital copy of the final letter, which I'll share here as well once I find a permanent place to host it. (Though maybe my personal Google Drive is fine after all?)

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Some really bad news: my laptop screen broke, meaning I can no longer do anything for the campaign until I can get it fixed or replaced. :( That might be a week, minimum...

I desperately need help to wrap up the campaign. I need someone's help to re-generate the images so we can put them on Twitter, something I cannot do now. :( If anyone can help, please PM me or message me on Discord -- I will have to do everything on my phone for the present.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
New Thank You Letter update time!

I mailed out both of the letters via USPS today. They didn't quite fit in Flat Rate envelopes and I didn't want to use a box since boxes might seem a little more suspicious, and last thing I want is our hard work to be thrown in the bin. I found some nice padded envelopes that fit the letters nicely and 2 Day shipped them to Microsoft and Nintendo.

I updated the album here, https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe, with pictures of the envelopes as well as a last minute addition from KrazyBonesTV for artwork. Thanks again for all the people that contributed the art. I love all 4 of them personally!

Next step is emailing Phil Spencer and Nintendo. There was some discussion on the Banjo-Kazooie Discord on how to best contact Nintendo and if I don't find a somewhat reliable email address / Contact Us, I might reach out to Grant and see if he has any suggestions. I'm going to look around and see what I can find first, but I did want to send them an email before tomorrow just to let them know that something is coming in the mail. (Not that they won't be able to tell what it is hopefully when they see the Return Label starting with "Thousands of Banjo-Kazooie Fans").

It goes without saying that anything I hear from anyone along the way will be shared here and on the Discord. If we do end up hearing back from any of them, it'd be cool to let various online news outlets know as well. We can figure out how to cross that bridge if we get to it though!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Got some exciting news for you all this time! The letters were snail mailed out to Nintendo of America and Microsoft yesterday, but because it was uncertain if they'd get to where they needed to be, I decided to follow up on the digital front as well. Phil Spencer is an active member of the gaming community, (as well as him being the Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft), so I started there. I wasn't expecting an email back so soon as I emailed him less than 24 hours ago, so imagine my surprise when I checked my email! Included below (and in the ongoing album https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe) is our interaction.

Banjo Phil.jpg

Banjo Phil 2.jpg

Banjo Grant.jpg

UPDATE, And the good news keeps coming! Grant Kirkhope, music composer of the original two games, also replied! To see Grant happy with the whole situation makes me smile as well. Updating the album linked above with these images.

Banjo Grant 1.jpg

Banjo Grant 2.jpg

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Got some exciting news for you all this time! The letters were snail mailed out to Nintendo of America and Microsoft yesterday, but because it was uncertain if they'd get to where they needed to be, I decided to follow up on the digital front as well. Phil Spencer is an active member of the gaming community, (as well as him being the Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft), so I started there. I wasn't expecting an email back so soon as I emailed him less than 24 hours ago, so imagine my surprise when I checked my email! Included below (and in the ongoing album https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe) is our interaction.

UPDATE, And the good news keeps coming! Grant Kirkhope, music composer of the original two games, also replied! To see Grant happy with the whole situation makes me smile as well. Updating the album linked above with these images.

Hells to the **** yeah! :D I love it when a plan goes through. This campaign was a triple-decker legendary sandwich with a side order of awesome sauce.

A big hearty thank you to everyone who contributed, helped and signed!

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My USPS tracking numbers for both letters to Microsoft and Nintendo have been marked as delivered! Will they like them? Will they reply? Will they even open them? Stay tuned and find out!

(But realistically I don’t expect to hear anything right away, I only imagine Nintendo and Microsoft are both busy companies and I’m not sure what to expect to hear. But hey, this has been super cool so far, right?!)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
*drumroll*

I have some exciting news! I received a letter in my mailbox today from some little company called Nintendo. I wonder what it could be?! (Full imgur album updated, https://imgur.com/a/wKJ7Pwe)
IMG_6594.JPG

Letter 2.jpg

Letter 1.jpg
While admittedly a part of me is a little bummed the letter doesn't mention Banjo-Kazooie by name, Nintendo doesn't own them, so maybe they can't. It's definitely not an automated response letter though as it specifically references the dreams put forth in the letter and comments on the artwork submitted with the letter. (Thanks again, guys! Looks like your art might make some rounds at Nintendo! All four of you were credited in the letter and linked to your official pages, so maybe they'll reach out to you, or at least get your presence out there!) I'm overall super excited and pleased we got a letter in return!

In summary thus far:
- Grant Kirkhope has seen our letter digitally and seems extremely pleased with it all.
- Phil Spencer has seen our letter digitally and forwarded it to his contacts at Nintendo and Rare.
- Steve Mayles has seen our letter digitally.
- Nintendo has replied to the 200 page snail mail Thank You Letter.

All that's left is Microsoft or Rare's reply! I'll keep a look out in my mailbox!

Last edited:
Top Bottom