• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, I have some bad news...

There are THIRTEEN characters that are above Bandana Dee. We NEED to leave Smashboards, and promote him on Reddit and GameFAQs. Get out of your comfort zone. Reminder,the ballot ends in October. ( This list might be outdated, but still.)
It's outdated, don't worry.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, you do know that @ Meister Zeigler Meister Zeigler has voted "Yes", right...? ;)

The poll up top seems kinda pointless since you have to vote on the ballot website lol.
As the others have said, it's pretty old at this point. It seems to serve more as the supporters list, now, which is just as well, since some threads have issues with new edits to an existing list due to the number of supporters they have. That said, it does have the disadvantage that votes can't be changed, so if someone changed their mind, they're still on one list or the other. :laugh:

Here's the confirmed characters so far for Super Mario Maker.

Brilliant - thanks for posting this up! :grin:

It's worth everyone noting that apparently Super Mario Maker will be updated to add more costumes and support more Amiibos later on, so any absences now don't necessarily mean anything.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@Wasoodle is hot and he wanted you guys to know that

it's still summer so he's probably dying of heat exhaustion

edit:

oh also, mods gettin' updated tommorow with public tests~

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I made Bandana Dee stuff again! I did alt colours.

I got bored. I decided to make these look like as if it were a stock icon (though, it would be smaller).

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Hello people. I haven't chatted here yet, as im mostly in the K Rool thread supporting the croc. But I would love to see Bandana Dee along with K Rool as DLC. I feel he would be an intresting fighter and would add him on my list of mains along with :4dedede:

Furret24

Smash Master
When will people learn that not every FREAKING SMASH BROS GAME DOESNT HAVE TO BE LIKE MELEE?! That's lingered in my head for a while, and I just wanted to get it out.

Randomness.

Anyway, I'm really starting to hate math. All this algebra. I might have to start looking at pictures of Bandana Dee fan art to ease some stress. Somehow, it works.
Hah. My best subject is math.

Oh, and I'd like to see edge hogging and old air dodges return from Melee. Just my three cents.
Here's the confirmed characters so far for Super Mario Maker.

SLIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I hope the Retro three Pack characters end up on there.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
For the record, I hope the Retro three Pack characters end up on there.
They will. All currently-available and soon-to-be-released Amiibos are supported, and apparently support for more will be added in the future, as well.

I assume we'll be looking at about a year's worth of post-release support, the same as Mario Kart 8 got and Smash 3DS/Wii U look to also be getting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What's odd about the characters in SMM is that some of them could be a hint towards some DLC for Smash Bros. as well.

Now I'm not saying this is fact, but if I see a Wolf sprite then I'm going to assume that an Amiibo is coming whether for Smash or SF0. If there's not a sprite then we'll still be stuck in the same loop of lack of information we have been for a while.

Dedede's sprite is ****ing gorgeous, though. :love:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mega Man looks...wrong re-done. I thought Ness' head was big, Mega's is damn near twice the size of his body!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Mega Man looks...wrong re-done. I thought Ness' head was big, Mega's is damn near twice the size of his body!
The saddest thing is, this is the closest we'll probably get to a Mega Man platformer unless Capcom gets their stuff together.

edit - With Mega Man actually in it, so no Mighty No. 9.

Last edited:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Have seen Pacman's? Goodness Gracious!! XD He looks so.... Off.

And now that I think about it, the 8 bit Kirby sprite has aged amazingly!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The saddest thing is, this is the closest we'll probably get to a Mega Man platformer unless Capcom gets their stuff together.

edit - With Mega Man actually in it, so no Mighty No. 9.
Or until Nintendo stops stalling and finally buys the damn franchise they've treated better in one game than Capcom has in ten years.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Absolutely Fantastic.jpg

Well, there are only two popular characters without Smashified renders, Bandana Dee and Krystal.

I hope Bandana Dee is next...
We all hope that.

But Krystal isn't the only popular character without a Smashified. What about Dixie Kong or Sceptile? I don't support either but they are really popular.

Sean Hicks is doing the next Smashified, let's hope he's good at drawing Kirby art.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, for the next Kirby game, what console do you think it's gonna be on and who do you think the main characters will be (aside from Kirby)? I feel that Meta Knight will make his return in the next game. Not sure what role though. Anyway, this is just speculation as they haven't announced a new one yet. If it's on Wii U I may be slightly annoyed as I don't have one of them.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Remember that stuff from the Kirby's Dream Land Picnic event in Harajuku? It looks like AmiAmi will be getting all of it except for the event-exclusive plush keychain (and even that may change). Pre-order links below for anyone who wants any of it;

Clear File: Picnic - ¥250/£1.30/$2.04 (US)

Clear File: A Walk - ¥250/£1.30/$2.04 (US)

Hand Towel: Picnic - ¥490/£2.55/$4.00 (US)

Face Towel: A Walk - ¥800/£4.16/$6.54 (US)

Drawstring Bag: Picnic - ¥410/£2.13 GBP/$3.35 (US)

Drawstring Bag: A Walk - ¥410/£2.13 GBP/$3.35 (US)

Also: Puffy Stickers - ¥310/£1.61/$2.53 (US)!

I'm pretty sure it's a coloured version of his Kirby's Dream Land sprite. It's looks great, of course.
It's actually redrawn in that sort of style, but it's a little too small to be a straight copy of it. Still damn cute, either way. :grin:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Remember that stuff from the Kirby's Dream Land Picnic event in Harajuku? It looks like AmiAmi will be getting all of it except for the event-exclusive plush keychain (and even that may change). Pre-order links below for anyone who wants any of it;

Clear File: Picnic - ¥250/£1.30/$2.04 (US)

Clear File: A Walk - ¥250/£1.30/$2.04 (US)

Hand Towel: Picnic - ¥490/£2.55/$4.00 (US)

Face Towel: A Walk - ¥800/£4.16/$6.54 (US)

Drawstring Bag: Picnic - ¥410/£2.13 GBP/$3.35 (US)

Drawstring Bag: A Walk - ¥410/£2.13 GBP/$3.35 (US)

Also: Puffy Stickers - ¥310/£1.61/$2.53 (US)!
Neat stuff. I want that clear file, to honest. :laugh:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
They will. All currently-available and soon-to-be-released Amiibos are supported, and apparently support for more will be added in the future.
Do you have any source for this? I would love if that happens because the picture (unless the order is incorrect) already confirms that Roy doesn't have a sprite which would be weird if his amiibo did nothing and suggests that post mewtwo doc characters might not appear in the game.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Do you have any source for this? I would love if that happens because the picture (unless the order is incorrect) already confirms that Roy doesn't have a sprite which would be weird if his amiibo did nothing and suggests that post mewtwo doc characters might not appear in the game.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it, now, for some reason. I'm really sorry about that.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
It's outdated, don't worry.

Besides Roy, and some questionable votes (Although if you told people that Ryu would be in smash months ago, they would've laughed at you). It doesn't misrepresent much beyond maybe Shantae's surge in popularity in the past half year. "Outdated" doesn't happen in a half year. People's opinions don't change on their favorite characters.

If anything it just reinforced my point from ages ago when I said that Smashboard's love for BWD does not represent the world's popularity on him. His reddit/gamefaqs votes are abysmal compared to here.

I'd like to know where that data is actually from.

Also lol @ people insulting characters like Dark Samus and Tetra.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
And any character, for that matter. I recently read a really good article by @PushDustIn on Source Gaming on that very topic, and I'd suggest that everyone else gives it a look, too.
Good read, unfortunately a lot of people take their own word as gospel.

1. Looks to see if he can use them
  2. Sees if they are popular enough; is the character actually obscure?
  3. If they have a moveset
  4. Fill a niche/ ‘role’ in the roster
  5. Favorable to development
  6. If not 5 can they be made into a clone if there’s extra time in development?
  7. Are they relevant or retro? (ties into 4 somewhat)

It's hard to actually qualify and quantify some of these requirements. Most of us do not have any knowledge when it comes to knowing 5 or 6.

2, 4, and 7 can easily stir emotions when it comes to arguing. Whether or not people can actually objectively understand their character's position in the world of gaming, it takes a lot of guts to admit things. I for one am a huge fan of Geno, but I know as the clock continues to tick, he only becomes more obscure (regardless of any cult followings that he has). Arguments of relevancy (#7) always become flame wars, how do you judge such a thing? The amount of time a character had gone without a game (See K. Rool), or is being the OG villain enough to permanently obtain that relevancy?

3 is, in my opinion, the easiest criteria to fill for most characters. And in my opinion BWD's biggest strength.

Although the Goomba thing earlier still makes me chuckle, I forget who mentioned it.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
2, 4, and 7 can easily stir emotions when it comes to arguing. Whether or not people can actually objectively understand their character's position in the world of gaming, it takes a lot of guts to admit things. I for one am a huge fan of Geno, but I know as the clock continues to tick, he only becomes more obscure (regardless of any cult followings that he has).
I understand this fully.

Myself, I was always a fan of the Star Fox series (more so before the reboot that was Star Fox 64, though, after which sales dropped off sharply with each successive installment), but I know full well that most people are not. The upcoming new game, Star Fox Zero, won't sell very well, but it 100% won't be because of the "gimmicks" or the "bad graphics" that people will try to blame: It 100% will be because most people simply don't enjoy those games and don't want to buy them in the first place. The fact I like them personally won't change that, and neither does it make them big sellers.

I accept the fact that I don't see this thing I like too often because most other people don't like it, and I'm fine with that, because it's usually decent when it does show up. That's just how it goes with hobbies sometimes! :)

Although the Goomba thing earlier still makes me chuckle, I forget who mentioned it.
What do you mean with the "Goomba thing". Is it something like "even a Goomba can have moveset"?

B: Tanooki Tail
>B: Headbonk
^B: Paragoomba
>B: Goomba's Shoe
Final Smash: Mega Goomba

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
What do you mean with the "Goomba thing". Is it something like "even a Goomba can have moveset"?

B: Tanooki Tail
>B: Headbonk
^B: Paragoomba
>B: Goomba's Shoe
Final Smash: Mega Goomba
Looks like you're grasping at straws to barely fill his special move set. Tanooki tail??? A item that's already in smash, and yes I know in one of the Mario 3DS games, Goomba's used Tanooki tails because it was the item that every enemy used, but this is not a unique attribute to them. This isn't even mentioning how a character needs a unique feel to all of his A attacks and bring something new and refreshing to the roster. Sorry, he does not fill the requirements of #3.

I didn't bring that up to derail BWD's thread.

To further elaborate on this, #3's specifics is not: "Is it possible to fill up his special attacks?"

But more along the lines "Does the character have something inherently unique about them? Can that be used to make Smash Bros. interesting?" (to quote Sakurai directly)

That is crucial for a moveset at this point with DLC. Bandana Dee would be one of the only spear wielders, I'm sure of which (beyond the easy to fill Special moves) would be as much fun to make, as it would be to play. Characters aren't just special moves. A lot of care and time goes into the basic attacks to their smash attacks to make them feel truly special.

SO again, when someone mentions the validity and chance of a basic goomba getting in smash's roster. I lol hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom