• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You can just Fthrow to Dair to win. Fthrow & Dair are great combo starters, that's why you Fthrow/Dair 2 win.
Lol you've never played actually good players dair is a great combo starter just because most combos start with the dair doesn't mean its dair to win.

This message was longer..it didn't send it all...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So looking through the internet I made an important observation, that has to do with Bandana Dee, regaurding the Streetpass Plaza.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So looking through the internet I made an important observation, that has to do with Bandana Dee, regaurding the Streetpass Plaza.
Is it that neither his, Dedede's, or Kirby's hats made it into the Mii outfits pool, even though Meta Knight's mask did and also suggested that there was some asset re-use going on to some degree? ;)

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
NINTENZILLA please say your statement in one post THE SUSPENSE IS KILLLLLLING ME
He loves torturing us. It's the only reason I can think of that explains why he tells us stuff like, "Guys, I found evidence that Bandana Dee is DLC!" and just cuts himself off there, forcing us to wait hours on end for the rest of the post. He's a monster! Just like Godzilla...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NINTENZILLA please say your statement in one post THE SUSPENSE IS KILLLLLLING ME
Sorry to suspend you! Anyways, I noted, oh wait...
Is it that neither his, Dedede's, or Kirby's hats made it into the Mii outfits pool, even though Meta Knight's mask did and also suggested that there was some asset re-use going on to some degree? ;)
...Actually, it has something to do with that, wow you have good foresight, so about the plaza, there are many reused assets and other things from Streetpass Plaza, such as hats, a stage, and various enemy AI. Not only that, but in Streetpass Mii plaza, there are not only hats of fighters, not only hats of assist trophies, but for various requested characters, so I decided to go through the hats and looked at all the hats and dialed them down to three. Here they are, in order we have the top three. Wolf, Bandana Dee, and the surprising one, Chibi-Robo, since Sakurai said we'd be getting several fighters, (Which means more than two) these could all be considered due to popularity(all are heavily requested through the ballot)/relevency(All have had a game released in just this year)/uniqueness(All have shown some sort of uniqueness). And those are my findings.
Dude stop stalling its ****ing annoying.
Sorry this took a while to write.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry to suspend you! Anyways, I noted, oh wait...

...Actually, it has something to do with that, wow you have good foresight, so about the plaza, there are many reused assets and other things from Streetpass Plaza, such as hats, a stage, and various enemy AI. Not only that, but in Streetpass Mii plaza, there are not only hats of fighters, not only hats of assist trophies, but for various requested characters, so I decided to go through the hats and looked at all the hats and dialed them down to three. Here they are, in order we have the top three. Bandana Dee, Wolf, and the surprising one, Chibi-Robo, since Sakurai said we'd be getting several fighters, (Which means more than two) these could all be considered due to popularity/relevency/uniqueness. And those are my findings.
It isn't new news though...
Also in order of top three? Why is Bandana Dee above Wolf?

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Lol you've never played actually good players dair is a great combo starter just because most combos start with the dair doesn't mean its dair to win.
The reply was a half-joke thing. I said Dair to win because it was a great combo starter, it can lead a Dsmash & other kill options.

EDIT: On a sorta related note. Why do you just leave us in suspence, Nintenzilla?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
When he's not possessed, bleeding out of his stomach, and trying to murder Kirby with an axe, that is.
Well, yes, that's a given. :laugh: It seems that bad guys going after him is a cost of his strength, though.

...Actually, it has something to do with that, wow you have good foresight,
Thanks. ;)

so about the plaza, there are many reused assets and other things from Streetpass Plaza, such as hats, a stage, and various enemy AI. Not only that, but in Streetpass Mii plaza, there are not only hats of fighters, not only hats of assist trophies, but for various requested characters, so I decided to go through the hats and looked at all the hats and dialed them down to three. Here they are, in order we have the top three. Bandana Dee, Wolf, and the surprising one, Chibi-Robo, since Sakurai said we'd be getting several fighters, (Which means more than two) these could all be considered due to popularity(all are heavily requested through the ballot)/relevency(All have had a game released in just this year)/uniqueness(All have shown some sort of uniqueness). And those are my findings.
This is actually an interesting thing to note. I haven't had the time to go through them myself (but there's a full list here if anyone wants to independently verify @ NintenZ NintenZ 's findings). I wonder if any of the "generic" Mii Fighter outfits were derived from or inspired by these? I know there's a bear hat, for example, but off of the top of my head I don't know if there was any asset re-use with those.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, yes, that's a given. :laugh: It seems that bad guys going after him is a cost of his strength, though.

Thanks. ;)

This is actually an interesting thing to note. I haven't had the time to go through them myself (but there's a full list here if anyone wants to independently verify @ NintenZ NintenZ 's findings). I wonder if any of the "generic" Mii Fighter outfits were derived from or inspired by these? I know there's a bear hat, for example, but off of the top of my head I don't know if there was any asset re-use with those.
There's a frog hat too, which aesthetically looks identical to it's appearance in the plaza.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh yeah, you guys know about Super Mario Maker coming out soon, right? Of course you do.

And you know how there are costumes in the game which allow you to play as other characters, some that aren't even based on amiibo? Well, I tried my hand at something.

Behold, a playable Bandana Dee in Super Mario Maker!
]

I based it off of the Waddle Dee sprite from Kirby's Adventure, but at the same time I also edited the facial portion to make it more like the modern design. Don't worry though, I still stuck to NES colors.

What do you think? Does he have a chance at appearing in this game nonetheless?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh yeah, you guys know about Super Mario Maker coming out soon, right? Of course you do.

And you know how there are costumes in the game which allow you to play as other characters, some that aren't even based on amiibo? Well, I tried my hand at something.

Behold, a playable Bandana Dee in Super Mario Maker!
]

I based it off of the Waddle Dee sprite from Kirby's Adventure, but at the same time I also edited the facial portion to make it more like the modern design. Don't worry though, I still stuck to NES colors.

What do you think? Does he have a chance at appearing in this game nonetheless?
Boy, do I. I haven't been this excited for a Mario game in a while. And that's saying something. September 11th can't come fast enough.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I seriously can't wait to see the Amiibo Costumes for Dedede and Meta Knight. We've already seen Kirby's, at this point, and it's likely that Meta Knight will get the same treatment, but I can kind of see them drawing up something new for Dedede, somehow.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
For Kirby's sprite they recolored his shoes I think, to make them look more pink.

Since Meta Knight is around the same size it's a no-brainer that they'll probably use his original Adventure sprite, but at the same time I feel like they'll do a recolor of it for the more modern colors, since even his artwork at the time no longer matches up with today's.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That is a bit of a risky thing to say, even if the release date is the aforementioned date.
Oh, for ****'s sake. I had a feeling someone would bring that up. I am aware of the unfortunate coincidence, but September 11th is still a day. Just like every day of the year. I realize the tragedy that happened, but that does not make the day taboo. Or should I say Tabuu?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, for ****'s sake. I had a feeling someone would bring that up. I am aware of the unfortunate coincidence, but September 11th is still a day. Just like every day of the year. I realize the tragedy that happened, but that does not make the day taboo. Or should I say Tabuu?
Imagine if someone here lost some friends or loved ones on that day? By that logic you could say WWII was just an event to people who were effected by it

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
My favourite between the 3?

All of them they are all awesome, especially Metaknight with his God tier voice.
But if I had to choose, it would be KIRBY! He has done so much, and his power is riduclously off the charts it puts DBZ characters to shame!

goku_and_vegeta_react_to_kirby_vs__majin_buu_by_mothralina95-d8b01f6.jpg

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Imagine if someone here lost some friends or loved ones on that day? By that logic you could say WWII was just an event to people who were effected by it
And do we stop any event that day and silence any reference to it? As far as Japan or Nintendo's concerned, September 11th is just the day they're going to release Super Mario Maker. I'm not saying completely ignore it, but the Earth doesn't stop spinning every time something tragic happens.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't think that's what he meant..he meant it could be pushed back...simple..the date really has nothing to do with the release.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Hey guys if been busy this summer that's why I have been one and off this thread
So what did I miss and here a comic by dragonith on Devianart...:chuckle:

D

Deleted member

So guys if bandana waddle dee has his own theme song what do you imagine it well sound like? and musical instruments do you think well fit bandana waddle dee?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I'm just bringing it up before someone who takes real offense to that does.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Do you think Bandana Dee's DLC trailer would be cinematic at all? They didn't really do one for Ryu, but more so just convey his entrance with in-game footage. I guess the same can be said for Pac-Man, though.

BUT, if it was just in-game footage, how do you think they would go about doing it?
I don't care at all, as long as it shows his cute as well as his awesome.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't think that's what he meant..he meant it could be pushed back...simple..the date really has nothing to do with the release.
If the date had nothing to do with the release (which is what I'm trying to say), then why would they push the release back?
I'm just bringing it up before someone who takes real offense to that does.
They'd just be arguing semantics. It's obvious I was referring to the release of the game.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just to put this to bed, the date actually does have something to do with the release. The 30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. is on September 13th 2015. That falls on a Sunday this year, and retailers only put out new products - including the game marking the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. - on Fridays. That's why it is what it is.

I realized that it's kind of off topic and a bit too Kontroversial.
So, it's something you read in the K. Rool thread recently, then? ;) Go on, spill the beans. It might very well be relevant to Bandana Waddle Dee discussion - certainly more so than Super Mario Maker's release date.

Though, speaking of Bandana Waddle Dee and Super Mario Maker, we now have confirmation that there are definitely non-Amiibo-related costumes in the game (as proven by the Pikmin having a separate one from Olimar himself). This could mean that there might already be a Bandana Waddle Dee one in the game, even without him having an Amiibo.

Is anyone planning on making any BWD promotional levels, whether this is so or not? :laugh:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So guys if bandana waddle dee has his own theme song what do you imagine it well sound like? and musical instruments do you think well fit bandana waddle dee?
Probably a remix of a theme from rainbow curse. Statistically speaking, Bandana Dee would probably be released with a mii costume of Dedede or some other Kirby character. This leads me to a question.PLEASE READ AND ANSWER IF YOU CAN. What mii costume would you like to see from the Kirby series? I'd like to see Daroach as a sword fighter, and have a triple star sword come with it.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Probably a remix of a theme from rainbow curse. Statistically speaking, Bandana Dee would probably be released with a mii costume of Dedede or some other Kirby character. This leads me to a question.PLEASE READ AND ANSWER IF YOU CAN. What mii costume would you like to see from the Kirby series? I'd like to see Daroach as a sword fighter, and have a triple star sword come with it.
Knuckle joe=mii fighter
Nruff' said.

Top Bottom