• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

CycIone

Smash Apprentice

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Because Bandana Dee's name in Smash would be Waddle Dee and a Sailor Dee costume would transform Bandana Dee's character in just a generic Waddle Dee with different hats. One of the most important reasons why Bandana Dee is considered is because he is actually not just a Waddle Dee, he is different.
That and the obvious lack of importance Sailor Dee has, it would be like adding a Boshi costume for Yoshi.
But an Alt changes the name.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It would be like adding a Boshi costume for Yoshi.
That would actually be a badass costume.
I played Ocarina of Time for like 20 minutes, does that count?
Oh my God.
I haven't played a Zelda game either (raises shield).
Oh my God!
3. Actually, what's more likely to happen is that we get no reference to Sailor Dee, sadly
If that is the case, it won't be for the same reasons as your's.
4. Mario has a lot of faces, that happens because he appears in a LOT of games :ohwell:
Mario has extremely cheerful and expressive in every game he's been in in his home series, and suddenly when he's in Smash he looks ready to shank a dude?
Bowser being evil, what do you expected?
I was referring to his voice, which makes him seem more evil than he really is.

The pokemon are subjective, since they are Pokemon and each one of them has a different personality
"Watch the power of Aura!"
"The Aura is with me!"
"Behold the Aura!"
"MAX AURA!!!1!!"
No Lucario ever shown has been THIS deep in love with his Aura. Jigglypuff has also never been portrayed as goofy, and while make no mistake, I do love her like this, this Jigglypuff acts completely different than any other one we've seen thus far.
I have never played a Zelda game
The ****, people?
5. Yeah, you sound kinda like a Smartass :awesome: (is that an insult?, if it is sorry about that :urg:)
No, it's not an insult. It's true, I'm a smartass. Proud of it, too.
Her name says it "WII FIT trainer"
And if I've never played Wii Fit?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
You mean the Hylian Shield? :troll::troll::troll:
Or the Wooden, Ordon, Deku, Mirror, Iron, Sacred, Hero's, Fighter's, Red, Magical, Banded, Braced, Reinforced, Fortified, Divine, or Goddess Shields.

Yes, I actually looked up every single shield from a Zelda game.
I was absolutely debating saying Hylian shield but I wasn't sure that's what it was called.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
But an Alt changes the name.
Bandana Dee's name would probably be Waddle Dee and Sailor Dee has no name, it would be just Waddle Dee too.
And that would mean that the character in Smash would not be Bandana Dee, it would be a representation of a Waddle Dee that changes hats.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.
And I personally don't want that because it would affect Bandana Dee's uniqueness.
It would be like:
Here is Bandana Dee!
He is not an ordinary Waddle Dee because he has a hat and he is an expert with the spear!... oh wait! here is Sailor Dee, another Waddle Dee with a hat, that's an expert with the spear.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Shading is NOT MY THING, I just...can't lol
wasn't talking about you lol:p

They could change his name for that alt, just like Alph and the Koopalings.

Edit: This was written before the Sailor hat over the Bandana was posted.

Also, what are the odds that we could be having this conversation about Bandana Dee if Sailor Dee was in Bandana Dee's place (If Sailor Dee was the character in Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Rainbow Curse)?
if sdee replaced bdee, yes and this would be sailor deelc :lol:
That would actually be a badass costume.

Oh my God.

Oh my God!

If that is the case, it won't be for the same reasons as your's.

Mario has extremely cheerful and expressive in every game he's been in in his home series, and suddenly when he's in Smash he looks ready to shank a dude?

I was referring to his voice, which makes him seem more evil than he really is.

"Watch the power of Aura!"
"The Aura is with me!"
"Behold the Aura!"
"MAX AURA!!!1!!"
No Lucario ever shown has been THIS deep in love with his Aura. Jigglypuff has also never been portrayed as goofy, and while make no mistake, I do love her like this, this Jigglypuff acts completely different than any other one we've seen thus far.

The ****, people?

No, it's not an insult. It's true, I'm a smartass. Proud of it, too.

And if I've never played Wii Fit?
ive played some retro games on the eshop, I played awakening and beat the genie, and I have bow wow the chain chomp :3, makes the g MUCH easier, tbh Zelda games are to hard for me but fun! and I have the original, link to the past and zelda 2 which i rage quited

who's excited for sonic boom fire and ice :colorful: rise of lyric was a master piece shattered crystal was decent too :awesome::teeth:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sonic Boom is truly a great piece of art, they say the best kind of art is the kind that stirs up emotions, and Sonic Boom does an excellent job at making us all feel intense emotions, particularly deespair and disgust, props to Big Red Button for understanding how to really make art. What other company is so talented at making people feel sheer hatred and disappointment? And to add to that, they also understand that games shouldn't be fun, they should be boring, this way kids will spend more time outside :kirby:.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sonic Boom is truly a great piece of art, they say the best kind of art is the kind that stirs up emotions, and Sonic Boom does an excellent job at making us all feel intense emotions, particularly deespair and disgust, props to Big Red Button for understanding how to really make art. What other company is so talented at making people feel sheer hatred and disappointment? And to add to that, they also understand that games shouldn't be fun, they should be boring, this way kids will spend more time outside :kirby:.
Bruh, they aren't even the kings of making art like this. This is like some modern art ****. EA makes some true Leonardo Da Vinci/Pablo Picasso/Van Gogh art.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bruh, they aren't even the kings of making art like this. This is like some modern art ****. EA makes some true Leonardo Da Vince/Pablo Picasso/Van Gogh art.
Ah, the great Leonardo Da Vince. I'll never forget his amazing work, such as the Mona Lise.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Our fellow K.Rool is a Mii costume, and they will reveal more tomorrow, I hope Bandana Dee is not one.
I'm not saying a Mii costume disconfirms a character 100%, but yeah.
Hopefully, a Direct will happen soon and it will explain everything.

D

Deleted member

Our fellow K.Rool is a Mii costume, and they will reveal more tomorrow, I hope Bandana Dee is not one.
K. Rool and Bandana Dee are the only DLC characters I care about that have a realistic shot at getting in, unless you honestly think that Pichu and Sceptile/Grovyle stand a chance in a popularity contest. Its a shame that Sakurai shot down K. Rool, but at least we have less competition…

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
K. Rool and Bandana Dee are the only DLC characters I care about that have a realistic shot at getting in, unless you honestly think that Pichu and Sceptile/Grovyle stand a chance in a popularity contest. Its a shame that Sakurai shot down K. Rool, but at least we have less competition…
We will have to wait a little more, I'm still not confident that a Mii costume means total disconfirmation.

D

Deleted member

We will have to wait a little more, I'm still not confident that a Mii costume means total disconfirmation.
I don't know what to think of it, but my first instinct is that Sakurai saw all of K. Rool's ballot support, decided he didn't care, and made a Mii Costume to shut everyone up. When your character's Mii Costume is revealed alongside Chrom's, you know you'll get your chance another day. But maybe I'm just pessimistic. At least Bandana Dee hasn't been touched yet, although I don't know if being completely excluded from the game is better or worse than K. Rool's position…

EDIT: Miiverse was redesigned and I only got the 3rd discussion post. But its also the first legitimate one up there, (the guy who made the first one literally said "also FIRST" and the second one was literally "NOOOO"), so thats good. Although I really don't like the redesign so far since its really clumsy and I can only have one discussion at a time that nobody will reply to.

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

>TFW the big names are being shot down 1 by 1 and we're just sitting here praying that tomorrow isn't the end.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If Bandana Dee is shoved as a Mii Fighter tommorow, please don't overreact.

also more on topic stuff pls thx bby;)))

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The K. Rool guys have managed to stay civil though. Unlike the Ridley thread. That's a good at least.

We'll probably know his fate in a couple of days. Hope it's good news.

:231:

Furret24

Smash Master
Everyone's going crazy about K. Rool right now.

Personally, i'm just excited for those DLC stages right now, Peach's Castle 64 was always one of my favorites in the original.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprise if all the popular newcomers for DLC are revealed as Mii costumes. Prepare yourselves...

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Why are you guys saying King K Rool's Mii costume deconfirms his playability? It could still happen, and some of you who are saying "No K Rool he has a costume" have said "Inklings can be playable even though they have a Mii costume." What makes them different from him in terms of playability? I still think Rool will appear because of his popularity.

Besides, maybe they made the K Rool and inkling costumes because of popularity and as teasers before they make them playable.

I hope Bandana Dee is not a Mii costume.
Bandana Dee is too short for a humanoid Mii to be built upon him. I do like the Chrom one though.

Yes, I do.
I don't think he's deconfirmed because of a Mii. Miis are optional anyway, so they could easily put him in still?

Besides, I'm going to use the argument: Link got a Mii costume and he's in the game.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This was posted a little while back, and I still absolutely love it. It's got a real "Dedede was probably adopted by Waddle Dees"* vibe that's totally adorable. :grin:

*He is, after all, the only main character in the series where other members of his species are never shown...

EDIT: Miiverse was redesigned and I only got the 3rd discussion post. But its also the first legitimate one up there, (the guy who made the first one literally said "also FIRST" and the second one was literally "NOOOO"), so thats good. Although I really don't like the redesign so far since its really clumsy and I can only have one discussion at a time that nobody will reply to.
Do we have any idea how the update is affecting promotional drawings due to the new default viewing settings for artwork being focussed on popular pieces? I haven't had the time to post one yet, today, so I have no first-hand experience of it right now.

I still think Rool will appear because of his popularity.

Besides, maybe they made the K Rool and inkling costumes because of popularity and as teasers before they make them playable.
I really, really hope so.

Bandana Dee is too short for a humanoid Mii to be built upon him.
The same applies to Meta Knight, but a Mii costume in the game, too, for what it's worth. That was revealed as a gag before Meta Knight himself was, almost a year ago. I'm hoping that they're pulling a similar joke with K. Rool, honestly.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Why are you guys saying King K Rool's Mii costume deconfirms his playability? It could still happen, and some of you who are saying "No K Rool he has a costume" have said "Inklings can be playable even though they have a Mii costume." What makes them different from him in terms of playability? I still think Rool will appear because of his popularity.
I said before that the Inklings Mii costume greatly hurts the Inklings chances, but doesn't outright deconfirm them. Again comparing a veteran getting a Mii costume versus a character whose first Smash representation is a costume for another playable character doesn't make much sense. Not to mention a Chrom Mii costume was revealed alongside the K. Rool one.
But we have to wait and see.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I was in the shower when I had an epiphany what if none of us get the characters we want....hear me out here

Assuming Smash 5 is happening on the NX wouldn't it make sense from a business standpoint to hold characters that people want the most until Smash 5 happens on the NX, pesonally I most likely won't be be buying an NX as I JUST bought a Wii U and I imagine others won't as well, but using Smash 5 and then revealing King K. Rool as the first newcomer would make them more sales (since people would buy the game and the console) rather than releasing a $3 character, yes it sounds a bit shallow but from a business standpoint I don't see why not...maybe I'm just a terrible person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom