• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Never mind

Thanks, but I don't understand why you guys are liking all my comments. I literally said never mind.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So if Bandana Dee is coming, he'll most likely come out sometime next year, I predict either March or May.
What?! Is there any evidence of that? I don't doubt you I just never even thought of that before, so it feels a lot more shocking to me than it probably should.
If that comes true, I'd be happy that they ended up making Bandana Dee but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the wait.

Guh, I really, really, REALLY hate cheating, if Shantae somehow got in due to something scummy and not because of her popularity I'd honestly be more than a little angry (I'd be absolutely livid). Hopefully that's not what's going on, besides, I'm sure Mr. Sakurai wouldn't succumb easily anyway, if there's any director I trust to always try to make things as fair as possible to his fans it would be him. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Alos, off topic but, if I were to say "night night" while it's daytime where most of you guys are, should I say "day day" :p? I'm going to say it anyway because it sounds funny, day day!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Brilliant stuff, @wizardto1, and thankyou. :)

We'll have to see if we can get a full Smash 3DS contingent of four of us for a victory throwdown if Bandana Waddle Dee makes it!
I like that idea. Or maybe a victory tourney, since you know, the original one just kind of shriveled up and died.
Off topic I admit, but do any of you guys have a guilty pleasure game. A bit more on topic, this thread is currently in a limbo state. What do we do?
Sonic 2006. It's my favorite game in the franchise. Whether that speaks more about me or the franchise, I'll let you decide.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Guh, I really, really, REALLY hate cheating, if Shantae somehow got in due to something scummy and not because of her popularity I'd honestly be more than a little angry (I'd be absolutely livid). Hopefully that's not what's going on, besides, I'm sure Mr. Sakurai wouldn't succumb easily anyway, if there's any director I trust to always try to make things as fair as possible to his fans it would be him. I wouldn't worry too much about this.
I think Sakurai has built up such a reputation that if he were to do such a thing, his rep would be heavily tarnished, if not impossible to recover.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Indeed, they haven't done anything uneven with DLC yet!

I'm actually going to go out on a limb here and guess that the only one that won't be fairly soon, the only one lacking a slot right now (since we do now know for absolutely certain that more can be added, even though it was pretty obvious before anyway), is Wolf. I'll put aside my usual preference not to make predictions in this case to say that I'm guessing that he will be the fourth, and will show up closer to the release of Star Fox Zero early next year, which coincidentally looks to be releasing towards the end of Smash 3DS/Wii U's post-release support period.
I was thinking this too. Since Wolf will be easier to make since they already have the moveset, they can hold off for a little while. The other characters are probably in the works/nearly done because they had to be made completely from scratch.

My other thought was that Maybe Shovel Knight is the missing slot, because I'm sure a lot of stuff would have to be gone through to get an Indie character into such a big name game like Smash, or because he's not in Japan. (that didn't stop Marth and Roy, or Lucas though)

Honestly I see the former option being more likely.

Furret24

Smash Master
Won't let me join.
Weird.

When I left to accept your FR, Swordofacorn took over automatically. If you're not friends with him, I don't think it will work.

He also turned on items. The horror.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Wait, I was the one who turned on items, I didn't mean to do that. I'll friend request to both MarioMeteor MarioMeteor and @hydossy

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I honestly can't imagine Sakurai ignoring the Kirby franchise for Smash DLC.

And I don't think Dream Land 64 is enough.
I do hope you're right, Chandy. It's nice to know that the series' global popularity is on our side, at least.

While I'm here, I just noticed an odd thing: It's October 4th here, now, but the ballot form for my region is currently still up. I guess it'll be gone later, though.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I do hope you're right, Chandy. It's nice to know that the series' global popularity is on our side, at least.

While I'm here, I just noticed an odd thing: It's Octoboer 4th here, now, but the ballot form for my region is currently still up. I guess it'll be gone later, though.
It's still October 3rd where I live.

Only for roughly 4 more hours though.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I was thinking this too. Since Wolf will be easier to make since they already have the moveset, they can hold off for a little while. The other characters are probably in the works/nearly done because they had to be made completely from scratch.

My other thought was that Maybe Shovel Knight is the missing slot, because I'm sure a lot of stuff would have to be gone through to get an Indie character into such a big name game like Smash, or because he's not in Japan. (that didn't stop Marth and Roy, or Lucas though)

Honestly I see the former option being more likely.
What do you mean by this?

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I think that if we get bdee we might get another Kirby stage with him, otherwise I think we're done with Kirby dlc.

(Also to whom I played with, I had a lot of fun, would to battle you again sometime)

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why it hasn't been taken down yet.
It's probably going to end when everywhere the world, the 3rd is over. It's still 1:20 pm in American Samoa.

MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I feel so accomplished that I was able to take a stock from your Jigglypuff. Thanks for playing!

I've got the Dee in my sig now :D

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's probably going to end when everywhere the world, the 3rd is over. It's still 1:20 pm in American Samoa.

MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I feel so accomplished that I was able to take a stock from your Jigglypuff. Thanks for playing!
No problem. I'll admit, you caught me off-guard, you earned it.

Furret24

Smash Master
Furret24 Furret24 Haydossy Haydossy swordofacorn swordofacorn Well, that was fun. Flawless victory for me, too. Didn't drop a single game. The lag could've been better, though.
Had a good time, outside of the lag (that Diddy match was stupid). I lost a few stocks due to my C-Stick reading jabs instead of my intended move. I'm still super salty about that match on Halberd where I did really good, until the lag caused my C-Stick to read jab instead of Up Smash, causing me to lose my stock at 70% and ultimately the match. That was one of my best G&W plays ever.

I apologize for leaving early. I guess I just got fed up with the lag.

We should all get together again if BDee gets in and all play as him. It would be hilarious running around throwing moves, not knowing how to play as him.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So now that the ballot is nearly over, I wanted to wish you guys all the luck with Bandana Dee. If I can get at least Dixie (Inklings are pretty much shoe in for DLC or Smash 5 anyways), I wouldn't mind Dee being a DLC. Hopefully he is an unique character who makes cute noises (lol) if gets in.
I think that if we get bdee we might get another Kirby stage with him, otherwise I think we're done with Kirby dlc.
Even if Bandana Dee isn't DLC, I think they will release Fountain Dreams as DLC because it is easy money.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Confession time:

Today was the first time I've seen full gameplay of Bandanna Dee

He plays exactly like Spear Kirby, except with super cute jump :3

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Can we look at this tweet unclouded by hate for a minute? :drsad:
This is beautiful.png

That was beautiful :dr^_^:
Thanks Mr. Sakurai (and the amazing staff) indeed!
Also, I'm the only one who agrees with this guy? :drfacepalm:
I mean, you guys know that I would love to see Bandana Dee in the game
And even thought I don't support Shantae, Shovel Knight, the Inklings, etc. :drifloon:
I would be extremely happy if we get another character like those :dr-_-:
Even character like Geno or Pichu :drwtf:
Heck, even characters like Cat Mario and Pink Gold Peach would make me smile :drflip:
Maybe because I just like to get more content, maybe because I know that Sakurai does it because he wants to make us happy, maybe becuse I know that the fans of those characters will probably cry of joy, or maybe everything :drohyou:
Anyway guys, the ballot will end soon and I don't have anything else to say so... :drshrug:
Let's walk into the light together and paint our faces with hope

Last edited:
Top Bottom