• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
New Rainbow Curse info! And look who appears right alongside Kirby! :grin:

Full Intro in all its glory. Bandana Dee is super relevant, and it seems to be ONLY him in this game with Kirby with Meta Knight and King Dedede no where to be seen.

They are really pushing Bandana Dee for Summer Slam Smash Bros.
OH MY %$^*ING GOD. THIS IS TOO DAMN ADORABLE,

But hey more MASTER HAND AND CRAZY HANDS IN THE GAME?! And Bandana God dee have even MORE personality and role this time around. And yes, the music is a remix but I can't seem to remember. I need to hear it again (even someone say but is true is feel the intro music is a remix from a kirby game. Stop, Body cannot contain hype.)

Now those who said "Bandana dee is not important" are wrong.

This new game has "Bandana Dee is important now guiz!!" written all over it.

If the Kirby series gets a new fighter, he's the best option.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I have a feeling King Dedede and Meta Knight won't be in this one aside from amiibo. Technically, Kirby and Bandana Dee were the only ones to make it out of Popstar that weren't petrified. In the intro, they also seemed like they were the only main characters in Kirby. I'm still waiting for a cutscene that explains the Green and Yellow BD.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I have a feeling King Dedede and Meta Knight won't be in this one aside from amiibo. Technically, Kirby and Bandana Dee were the only ones to make it out of Popstar that weren't petrified. In the intro, they also seemed like they were the only main characters in Kirby. I'm still waiting for a cutscene that explains the Green and Yellow BD.
Seriously hoping it's Kirby and the Amazing Mirror all over again in that case. Having three Bandana Dees besides Bandana Dee would make Bandana Dee generic, and we've gone to way too great lengths to prove him unique.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Can this be included with him for music?

Also I always thought for the Final Smash he could use King Dedede's old final smash from Brawl. He would summon a whole bunch of generic enemies. Here are the ones he could summon:
- Gordo, quickly moves around dealing lots of damage, but doesn't appear much.
-
Waddle Dee, runs normally and will jump to attack people on the ground, and appears alot.
-
Waddle Doo, walks around and uses that beam whip out in a far range in front of him.
-
Poppy Bro Jr, jumps around from side to side and throws a bomb in an arc.
-
Plasma Wisp, flies around slowly created a shield around it that hurts fighters. Then, shoots a ball of plasma.
-
Blade Knight, does a long combo with his sword then shoots a sword beam.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can this be included with him for music?

Also I always thought for the Final Smash he could use King Dedede's old final smash from Brawl. He would summon a whole bunch of generic enemies. Here are the ones he could summon:
- Gordo, quickly moves around dealing lots of damage, but doesn't appear much.
-
Waddle Dee, runs normally and will jump to attack people on the ground, and appears alot.
-
Waddle Doo, walks around and uses that beam whip out in a far range in front of him.
-
Poppy Bro Jr, jumps around from side to side and throws a bomb in an arc.
-
Plasma Wisp, flies around slowly created a shield around it that hurts fighters. Then, shoots a ball of plasma.
-
Blade Knight, does a long combo with his sword then shoots a sword beam.
For summoning characters, I always thought that should be incorporated into his normal moveset. It fits with whole helper system. The majority of his moveset would be comprise of spear moves, but his neutral b would allow him to summon helpers.

D

Deleted member

If only my Kirby amiibo would stop spamming grabs and do other things I want it to do like Dair -> Dsmash…

All of this Rainbow Curse info is making me interested in the game instead of brushing it off as something cool but I'll pass at E3. Speaking of E3, where did the Blue Bandana Dee go? Was he scrapped during development or has he just not been shown yet?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does the B-Dee gameplay look better than the Kirby gameplay?
Not just you. I think it's the appeal of actually controlling the character, instead of just drawing some rainbow lines to ROLL AROUND ON. I don't hate the concept, but I prefer actually moving the character as I like instead of needing lines and walls to get where I want/need to go.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

dat bandana dee drawing 2 gud, he has a mouth!

(looks like his name is back to waddle dee in this game =_=)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, it really is sad it's back to Waddle Dee. (Though we knew that since november.)

Also, made a gif.
Bandana_Dee_the_Hero.gif

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Bill Trinen referred to him as Waddle Dee. It's likely that it could still change, since it would be pointless to randomly revert to the more confusing name. Did the new info say anything about his name?

The three Bandana Dees are just for multiplayer and that doesn't need an explanation IMO.
The thing is, I feel like there's more to it than just multiplayer.

Like I said earlier, the different colored Kirbies in RTD are just for multiplayer, but they don't show up in anything official like the artwork. The creators don't acknowledge them.

However, with the different colored Bandana Dees, they do show up in the background and artwork. Not only that, but the game is about rainbows as well, which sort of fits in with color variations, don't you think?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well yea this helps but i go to remind you

Bandana dee is not out of the woods yet sakurai forbids doing dlc unless mewtwo prooves to sakurai dlc is a great idea to smash

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bill Trinen referred to him as Waddle Dee. It's likely that it could still change, since it would be pointless to randomly revert to the more confusing name. Did the new info say anything about his name?

Like I said earlier, the different colored Kirbies in RTD are just for multiplayer, but they don't show up in anything official like the artwork. The creators don't acknowledge them.

However, with the different colored Bandana Dees, they do show up in the background and artwork. Not only that, but the game is about rainbows as well, which sort of fits in with color variations, don't you think?
Well, there really is no reason for their to be a story reason for it considering it's an extra. All people need to know is that Bandana Dee is playable.

Also, even if there is, it doesn't fully matter with Bandana Dee himself being shown as a main character anyway, so he wouldn't be considered generic.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I don't know about the name change, the japanese trailer said Wadorudi like 3 times (Waddle Dee).

And about the colours, yeah, it's a possibility thanks to the rainbow thing, but not because they appear in the artwork IMO.
In Return to Dreamland, the other Kirbys? Kirbies? XD don't appear in the artwork probably because Bandana Dee, Meta Knight and Dedede are also playable and that would be a lot of characters in one artwork for an unnecessary reason. In this game. only Kirby and Bandana Dee are playable.

That's what I think XD

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Guys in the trailer did you hear it

it's a Kirby Air Ride Remix of Top Ride's Light Stage
Kirby Air Ride Remix
Kirby Air Ride
AIR RIDE

HYPE
Remake Confirmed.

#bestspinoffeverforthekirbyseries

On another note, City Trial is better than Smash Run. It's by far dee best.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
What if you have to fight Metaknight and King Dedede in this title because they're brought back to moment by the hands? The hands than posses them to fight Bdee and Kirby? That's what I imagine happening. Very few games lack Dedede except Amazing Mirror. They even made him playable in Triple Deluxe. So I have a feeling we'll at least see Dedede in some way again.

Also that picture with Waddle Dee having a mouth! OMG proof that Waddle Dee's have mouths? Just you never see them open? HMMM. Who knows.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The drawing was made by Kirby. He always has inconsistencies in his drawings!
He drew himself pretty accurate than. Without adding anything. :p

This reminds me that in some Kirby manga they draw mouths on Waddle Dees...

Still who knows. Perhaps your right and the drawing is just a drawing.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUESS.

WHO.

JUST.

FOUND.

HIS.

WIIMOTE.

OH MY GOD GUYS I FOUND IT! I THOUGHT IT WAS LOST FOREVER!

OIHFSDJSAE HFDRGBLKDRXBJFDR

LHO MY GOD

YES

E
ES

HYES

RTDL MODS INCOMING

---

Okay, getting rid of... er... THAT. NO LOL JK CAN'T GET RID OF THE HYPE.

HUYEP

HOIPE

HYPE

HYPPE

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ERRYWUN GET HYPE

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HUPE HUHEP

HHUP HUP HUP HYPE HUP HUP HHUP HYPE HYUPE HUP

HYPE

AND I FOUND A CRAP TON OF OTHER STUFF WHICH I'LL TALK ABOUT SOON OMG WHAT IT THIS

I FOUN D LEGENDARY STARFY

WTGDFF

WTF

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GUESS.

WHO.

JUST.

FOUND.

HIS.

WIIMOTE.

LHO MY GOD

YES

E
ES

HYES

RTDL MODS INCOMING

---

HUYEP

HOIPE

HYPE

HYPPE

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ERRYWUN GET HYPE

HYPE

AND I FOUND A CRAP TON OF OTHER STUFF WHICH I'LL TALK ABOUT SOON OMG WHAT IT THIS

WTGDFF

WTF

Send me that **** dammit

Maikou

Smash Ace
GUESS.

WHO.

JUST.

FOUND.

HIS.

WIIMOTE.

LHO MY GOD

YES

E
ES

HYES

RTDL MODS INCOMING

---

HUYEP

HOIPE

HYPE

HYPPE

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ERRYWUN GET HYPE

HYPE

WTGDFF

WTF

EVERYBODY DANCE

MIRROR.

GIVE ME MIRROR.
........*backs away slowly*

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
GUESS.

WHO.

JUST.

FOUND.

HIS.

WIIMOTE.

LHO MY GOD

YES

E
ES

HYES

RTDL MODS INCOMING

---

HUYEP

HOIPE

HYPE

HYPPE

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ERRYWUN GET HYPE

HYPE

WTGDFF

WTF

Cogratulations.

I have a question: What copy ability would you guys and gals like to see return? Missle and Magic along with Animal for me
Missile was one of my favorites.
Bubble was pretty useless, but the hat was cool.
Mini would be fun for some puzzles.
Ghost was interesting.

Oh well, 3:55 AM here, I'm going to sleep, good night XD

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Mirror, Yo-Yo, and Throw are three abilities that I would like to see return.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well...

I found out how to swap the "movesets" of the characters in Return to Dream Land. Such as, I could have Bandana Dee float around and inhale, or have King DeDeDe swing around a spear. I'll need to test it more (doing so right now!) but I just found this out and tried to switch Kirby's moveset onto Bandana Dee, which crashed the game, whereas the other way around didn't.

EDIT: LOL THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. JUST FOUND OUT IT ALSO CHANGES SOME OTHER SUPER SECRET STUFF. GONNA RECORD THIS RIGHT NOW.

EDIT2: ...

And now I can't re-create the glitch. Basically, I was able to move swap any Copy Ability onto Bandana Dee. He would get the Copy Ability hat, and due to Kirby and Bandana Dee's model similarities, it would let him use the moveset. I was Parasol Dee for a second, and now I can't be him again...

CRI CRI CRI

Last edited:
Top Bottom