• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Remember not to be too positive, too much positivity leads you to disappointment, I was way too optimistic for Nintendog to appear as a playable character, ended up really bummed when he was deconfirmed in the pic of the day. Keep it steady.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here's a weird idea. What if Bandana Dee is a clone of Chorus Men?

It would be Bandana Dee, a Waddle Dee, and a Waddle Doo? Or maybe just BD and 2 Waddle Dees.

I think you could make a cool moveset from that.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

It would be Bandana Dee, a Waddle Dee, and a Waddle Doo? Or maybe just BD and 2 Waddle Dees.

Conductor: Together now!
The Dees: ..... (no mouth)

I'm totally making a moveset for that though, it's genius! :laugh:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So I'm gonna say, there are 5 more characters including the Initial CSS leak. I think Ridley, Mewtwo, DK rep, and Impa are in. That leaves one more. I'm hoping for Bandana Dee, but I can't shake the thought of an RP rep/Wolf

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Heh, heh, no. :laugh:
But seriously though, no. How could they be clones? They can't even speak. :laugh:

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
So I'm gonna say, there are 5 more characters including the Initial CSS leak. I think Ridley, Mewtwo, DK rep, and Impa are in. That leaves one more. I'm hoping for Bandana Dee, but I can't shake the thought of an RP rep/Wolf
I'm not sure about Mewtwo though

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So I'm gonna say, there are 5 more characters including the Initial CSS leak. I think King K. Rool, Lucas, Leon Powalski and Ice Climbers are in. That leaves one more. I'm hoping for Bandana Dee, but I can't shake the thought of an Golden Sun rep/Wolf
I completely agree :smirk:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Remember Helper to Hero in KSSU? I think HAL needs to make a whole game with that premise, with Bandana Dee as the poster boy.
But isn't Bandana Dee already distinguished as a full fledged hero alongside Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

Unless you are saying he would be the star of the show.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I am the actual butcherer
I agree with that
But isn't Bandana Dee already distinguished as a full fledged hero alongside Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

Unless you are saying he would be the star of the show.
Bandana Dee's Adventure for Wii U

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Why would Mew Two be back? He hasn't been in Smash since melee and we have enough Pokemon imo.

I'm still vying for Bandana Dee and *cough*magolor*cough*

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima

I recall you saying earlier you were able to replace Kirby with Bandana Dee while doing the single player mode on Return to Dreamland.

In Triple Deluxe, would it be possible to replace Kirby's in-game 3D model with Bandana Dee's (The one where he throws items to you) while using the Spear ability to make it seem like you're playing as him? Just wondering. They have similar body structures, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to do, right?
Actually, yes, that would work. While I won't give much details on how, you can decrypt 3DS ROM files, which allows you to modify them. Kirby and Bandana Dee's bone structure are so similar that the hitboxes and animations would fit very well, although some animations may look odd - not because they're glitched or anything, but because Kirby is super squishy while Bandana Dee isn't. Animations such as the Kirby Dance may look a bit odd, but it's still possible. You could change a few things to make it seem like you're playing Bandana Dee - switch out Kirby's sound files so he doesn't actually talk, while the Spear sound effects will still be playing, similar to Return to Dream Land. Export out Kirby's face icon used on his health bar, and replace that with a resized version of Bandana Dee's icon from RtDL. Now, this would change everything in the game involving Kirby's model to Bandana Dee, other than the pre-rendered cutscenes. This would include being able to play as him in Kirby Fighters, have him appear on the title screen, and so on. You could also replace Bandana Dee (support) with Kirby if you wanted too, haha. If I were to do this, however, I would instead replace King DeDeDe from DeDeDe Tour with Kirby's files, and then change all of his files with Bandana Dee - this would allow you to play the main story as Kirby, and DeDeDe Tour as Bandana Dee. Also, the fact that all the collectable stars would be changed into DeDeDe's logo would look nice, and fit in better, haha.

If I ever import a Japanese 3DS, I would probably take this as a project, since modifying Kirby games is pretty fun. Right now, however, even if I did import a Japanese 3DS, I wouldn't do it. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm working on Kirby's Adventure, and after that I'll probably be checking out Kirby Super Star.

So yeah, it's very possible, and most assets that the game has currently would make it a whole lot easier than putting it in from scratch, but I'm not sure how hard it would be replacing most things that are UI based that involve Kirby, such as his face that's over everything.

---

Bandana Dee can't be a Meta Knight clone, as he doesn't fly, he can't use moves such as Mach Tornado or Drill Rush, and his spear is greatly different in size, shape, and functionality than a sword, so it wouldn't fit correctly.

Bandana Dee wouldn't be considered a "Chorus Men Clone" if using a gimmick like having him and two other Waddle Dee fighting alongside him, as it's just using the same gimmick but with a completely different moveset. By this logic, you could say Rosalina & Luma are re-skins of the Ice Climbers, although they are not.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Why would Mew Two be back? He hasn't been in Smash since melee and we have enough Pokemon imo.

I'm still vying for Bandana Dee and *cough*magolor*cough*
1. He was only cut in Brawl because of time constraints.
2. Enough Pokemon? From the looks of this leak Mario has 7 reps (and one of them is coming back from Melee), 6 for Pokemon is fine.
Back to Bandana Dee, I really hope he's at least a secret character.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
1. He was only cut in Brawl because of time constraints.
2. Enough Pokemon? From the looks of this leak Mario has 7 reps (and one of them is coming back from Melee), 6 for Pokemon is fine.
Back to Bandana Dee, I really hope he's at least a secret character.
we also need more dk, kirby, and metroid. but we get 3 kid icarus reps while kid icarus has only had 3 games while these series have over 20 (except metroid)...It is kind of clear sakurai is biased and we are not getting any kirby newcomers, or donkey kong ones, or metroid ones

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
we also need more dk, kirby, and metroid. but we get 3 kid icarus reps while kid icarus has only had 3 games while these series have over 20 (except metroid)...It is kind of clear sakurai is biased and we are not getting any kirby newcomers, or donkey kong ones, or metroid ones
Why so depressed True maybe Sakurai is biased(I don't know why everyone hates dark pit.True KI is over represented but at least we get a fun newcomer).That doesn't mean we won't get a new Kirby rep(bandanna dee),Donkey kong(Dixie or K roil), Metroid rep(Ridley).If i was right didn't the leaker or leakers say that there are still characters to be unlocked that means they all have a change.It's not over to it's over.Which is in weeks so just hung on,

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We know Sakurai loves to do interesting concepts for characters with a base theme:

• Villager: Oddball
  • Mega Man: His Jabs are Projectiles
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Oddball
  • Rosalina: Puppet Character
  • Little Mac: Good Ground, Bad Air
  • Greninja: Full Ninja
  • Mii: Fully Customizable
  • Palutena: Customizable Specials
  • Pac-Man: Oddball
  • Robin: Full Mage, plus resource management
  • Shulk: Stance Changes
  • Bowser Jr.: Vehicle Based Character
What would Bandana Dee get to make him unique and stand out?
  • Bandana Dee: Three in One
I think the way Sakurai will tackle Bandana Dee is by allowing the player to control 3 characters at a time. This would be a mix of Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Rosalina. You would be able to switch between the three at any moment with Down Special. However you will always keep the same amount of damage. Once one of the 3 dies, they will not come back unless all three are dead.

Bandana Dee is Agility, Umbrella Waddle Dee is Recovery, Waddle Doo is Power.

This is just an idea I came up with, something completely different to what we know.

However, this is unlikely because both Umbrella Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos are in Smash Run.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
We know Sakurai loves to do interesting concepts for characters with a base theme:

• Villager: Oddball
  • Mega Man: His Jabs are Projectiles
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Oddball
  • Rosalina: Puppet Character
  • Little Mac: Good Ground, Bad Air
  • Greninja: Full Ninja
  • Mii: Fully Customizable
  • Palutena: Customizable Specials
  • Pac-Man: Oddball
  • Robin: Full Mage, plus resource management
  • Shulk: Stance Changes
  • Bowser Jr.: Vehicle Based Character
What would Bandana Dee get to make him unique and stand out?
  • Bandana Dee: Three in One
I think the way Sakurai will tackle Bandana Dee is by allowing the player to control 3 characters at a time. This would be a mix of Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Rosalina. You would be able to switch between the three at any moment with Down Special. However you will always keep the same amount of damage. Once one of the 3 dies, they will not come back unless all three are dead.

Bandana Dee is Agility, Umbrella Waddle Dee is Recovery, Waddle Doo is Power.

This is just an idea I came up with, something completely different to what we know.

However, this is unlikely because both Umbrella Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos are in Smash Run.
I know that is unique but it does not quite capture what bandana dee is all about, having a plain old waddle doo and waddle dee with him is just.... eh... like look at the characters we have so far they represent what they stand for. For an easy example look at sonic he represents speed so he moves fast, for bandana dee I see he represents an underdog so it would fit if he hit hard but is an easy ko and lets not forget he is a spear master so his move set must use his spears having a choir men play style is too odd and a miss match. :/ so no on the 3 in 1 bandana dee

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hm I'd MUCH rather have him be a unique character. If there were no choice or time and he were put in as a clone of Chorus Kids than I guess I feel mixed about it. I mean he he could still use his Spear that's important and if the other two character following him are other waddle dee troops it COULD be a sign of his leadership over them and command.

I'd still rather hope for the above.

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Next Reveal Trailer:

"shink shink, fwoosh, Fiery Smash logo"

Magolor fighting an unseen opponent

MAGOLOR WAKES HIS CROWN!?!?!

He looks behind to see a fallen Adeliene from Crystal Shards

The opponent is Ganondorf, a long time fan favorite veteran

Fighting ensues, G-Dorf blocks a gear blast with his sword OMG ORIGINAL MOVESET

Magolor is about to lose, Ganondorf splits his swords into two katanas from wind Waker and is about to slice. Magolor

*generic Kirby jump sound"

*spears start falling from the Sky, creating dust and saving magolor*

Ganondorf looks up at the Sky and sees a spherical figure floating down with what appears to be a helicopter -like stick...

The figure helps Adeliene get up and then turns around

ITS BANDANA DEE

BANADANA DEE AT YOUR SERVICE

*boss battle from return to dreamland theme plays*

Magolor: "Bandana Dee!" (In subtitles)

Bandana Dee: "Smash has many powerful foes Magolor! But I am no ordinary Waddle Dee!" (Also in subtitles)

Montage of moves, including

WADDLE PARASOL!

WADDLE HOP!

WADDLE SHIELD!

and WADDLE SLED!

Magolor: Wow Bandana Dee, you have so many moves!

Bandana Dee: But I can only use them so much before the people at gamefaqs start whining, which is why I carry my Waddle Spear!

Magolor: This is no time to stay in a starship, I'll fight by your side!

*montage of Magolor's attacks, subtly reveals he is a clone of Wario (replace the bike with a SPACESHIP)*

Magolor: Is that... The HAL King himself?

Bandana Dee: The Greedy King and the Hacks Knight of legend!

*they start fighting, black out and then cut to adeliene*

Adeliene: "I guess I'll get my chance...another day..."

NO, YOU'LL GET IT TODAY!

Bandana Dee: Adeleine, on my mark!

*Bandana Dee's Final Smash is Adeliene drawing him up a Waddle Tank and shooting everyone*

PS: Play as the Sailor Waddle Dee too!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
getting perfect backbeat in Dedede Drum Dash and Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe in those final levels FFFFFFFFF

Also here's the soundtrack for folks

edit:: ALSO guys, there's a Waddle Dee Mask in Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe and it makes a sound. This is probably official the sound that Waddle Dees make (weird right? They make a sound apparently) SO if Bandana Waddle Dee is in he'll probably sound like that...

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's a little weird how Kirby is the only popular franchise without an unlockable character.
Mario: Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario.
Donkey Kong: Dixie is pretty obvious.
Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf and maybe Impa.
Metroid: Ridley is obvious too.
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit.
Fire Emblem: Lucina.
Star Fox: Falco.
Pokémon: Jigglypuff and the extremely likely Mewtwo.

C'mon Bandana Dee, c'mon...

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Im making an rpg maker game thats a big huge game crossover quest.
Dedede's in the main party so i made bandana dee the tutorial helper and also kind of the mascot and guy who watches the base~

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Someone on 4chan is claiming Dr Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were faked to throw people off.

In other words, this means that Dr. Mario had artwork to be used (likely as an alternate costume for Mario) which was put and they edited in a picture of his own slot. Same with Duck Hunt, he likely had a trophy or something for being an Assist Trophy and they used that render for his "artwork" on the character roster.

This is probably fake, but it still is sort of an interesting topic. Along with how we haven't seen footage of those two either.

D

Deleted member

It's a little weird how Kirby is the only popular franchise without an unlockable character.
Mario: Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario.
Donkey Kong: Dixie is pretty obvious.
Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf and maybe Impa.
Metroid: Ridley is obvious too.
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit.
Fire Emblem: Lucina.
Star Fox: Falco.
Pokémon: Jigglypuff and the extremely likely Mewtwo.

C'mon Bandana Dee, c'mon...
The thing is with the CSS leak is that... I feel as though I can take Little Mac's slot, move it down another row or two, and add Bandana Dee.

Seeing him next to Meta Knight just doesn't feel right...
Still with unlockable newcomers, anything can happen.

Someone on 4chan is claiming Dr Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were faked to throw people off.

In other words, this means that Dr. Mario had artwork to be used (likely as an alternate costume for Mario) which was put and they edited in a picture of his own slot. Same with Duck Hunt, he likely had a trophy or something for being an Assist Trophy and they used that render for his "artwork" on the character roster.

This is probably fake, but it still is sort of an interesting topic. Along with how we haven't seen footage of those two either.
I doubt that this is the case. I would be surprised if they managed to get their hands on Shulk's artwork early.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
considering most of the leakers seem to be grade A jerks its definitely possible.
it's odd they werent in the gameplay i do agree since they said they "had to show everything for esrb" or so.

So hmm hmm, much is still up in the air

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Im making an rpg maker game thats a big huge game crossover quest.
Dedede's in the main party so i made bandana dee the tutorial helper and also kind of the mascot and guy who watches the base~

Bandana Dee should be playable in your RPG. :p

Seeing how the guy has no pics, I would take it as a grain of salt.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
It's not that he had access to Shulk's artwork early.

He HAD a finished copy of the game. He just edited the character roster. If he unlocked the trophy for the Duck Hunt Dog, he could copy the artwork from there and make it look like he was a playable character. Same with Dr. Mario if he's an alternate costume.

Not saying it's 100% true, but still.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Next Reveal Trailer:

"shink shink, fwoosh, Fiery Smash logo"

Magolor fighting an unseen opponent

MAGOLOR WAKES HIS CROWN!?!?!

He looks behind to see a fallen Adeliene from Crystal Shards

The opponent is Ganondorf, a long time fan favorite veteran

Fighting ensues, G-Dorf blocks a gear blast with his sword OMG ORIGINAL MOVESET

Magolor is about to lose, Ganondorf splits his swords into two katanas from wind Waker and is about to slice. Magolor

*generic Kirby jump sound"

*spears start falling from the Sky, creating dust and saving magolor*

Ganondorf looks up at the Sky and sees a spherical figure floating down with what appears to be a helicopter -like stick...

The figure helps Adeliene get up and then turns around

ITS BANDANA DEE

BANADANA DEE AT YOUR SERVICE

*boss battle from return to dreamland theme plays*

Magolor: "Bandana Dee!" (In subtitles)

Bandana Dee: "Smash has many powerful foes Magolor! But I am no ordinary Waddle Dee!" (Also in subtitles)

Montage of moves, including

WADDLE PARASOL!

WADDLE HOP!

WADDLE SHIELD!

and WADDLE SLED!

Magolor: Wow Bandana Dee, you have so many moves!

Bandana Dee: But I can only use them so much before the people at gamefaqs start whining, which is why I carry my Waddle Spear!

Magolor: This is no time to stay in a starship, I'll fight by your side!

*montage of Magolor's attacks, subtly reveals he is a clone of Wario (replace the bike with a SPACESHIP)*

Magolor: Is that... The HAL King himself?

Bandana Dee: The Greedy King and the Hacks Knight of legend!

*they start fighting, black out and then cut to adeliene*

Adeliene: "I guess I'll get my chance...another day..."

NO, YOU'LL GET IT TODAY!

Bandana Dee: Adeleine, on my mark!

*Bandana Dee's Final Smash is Adeliene drawing him up a Waddle Tank and shooting everyone*

PS: Play as the Sailor Waddle Dee too!
Then people will say Malgalore shouldn't be in the game, and then start to think Adeline was developed, and start and Adeline DLC campaign.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
friends eh?
:4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends::4myfriends:
I'd like to see it if it ever gets finished to be honest
Considering im just taking whatever pictures i find of google same with music of sites without asking for permission i prob shouldnt make it official x3; i might though~ we'll see.

i share with my friends
leakers get so sympathy from me

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's not that he had access to Shulk's artwork early.

He HAD a finished copy of the game. He just edited the character roster. If he unlocked the trophy for the Duck Hunt Dog, he could copy the artwork from there and make it look like he was a playable character. Same with Dr. Mario if he's an alternate costume.

Not saying it's 100% true, but still.
It's fake, obviously.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
yeah that is wierd, why would he not show off duck hunt dog or doctor mario
Well he didn't show others like Dark Pit either. Anyway, if Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt aren't in, it's good and bad.
Good because more space for Bandana Dee and others.
Bad because I was actually excited for Duck Hunt.

Top Bottom