• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandai Namco needs another *playable* rep!

Pxllation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Negatron341
Switch FC
SW-3793-0583-6602
With the recent direct that took place last Wednesday, there's no denying that while everyone was excited to see Simon being finally confirmed to join the roster, I think it's safe to say that no one (at least to my knowledge) ever expected to see Richter join Simon as his echo fighter.

Though what does this mean in regards to the title? Well, it means Konami's total amount of playable reps is 3 which is the largest amount of fighters a 3rd party company has in the series compared to Sega and Capcom who still only have 2 (as of this post going live). Then there's Bandai Namco, who is stuck with only rep so far, that being Pac-Man so it's kinda obvious without saying, but why hasn't there been another series from Bandai Namco represented as a playable fighter in smash yet?

So wouldn't it be a great time to introduce another BN rep in Ultimate? Maybe someone like Agumon from Digimon or Heihachi from Tekken, I suggest theses two in particular for reasons I will be suggesting..right now actaully. Let's start off with Agumon shall we?

Agumon:
Agumon to Digimon is arguably what Pikachu is to Pokemon. He's the most recognisable Digimon by far and would make sense if they were to choose a Digimon to represent the series in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. With the amount of games that have appeared on Nintendo platforms, there's a handful of sources to take from them and make it into a moveset around him such as his iconic pepper breath for his neutral special as example, or even looking at the Digimon fighting games such as rumble arena 2 on the Gamecube or battle spirits on the GBA, there is enough to garner a moveset from. And if you were to say that Digimon isn't really a relevant thing anymore, There is actually a new Digimon game coming to the PS4...and the Switch next year titled Digimon: Survive so BN may include Agumon for promotional purposes since he's also the main Digimon of the game form the trailers for it. But as much as I hate to say it myself, I can understand that Digimon isn't one BN's biggest franchises out there and other BN reps will be more likely than a Digimon rep, though apparently for Ultimate, more of the under represented franchises are to get more exposure this time around so there's always the chance that our favourite yellowy-orange reptile may get his chance. And hey as a bonus here, Toy-Agumon has to be an alt costume regardless. But now lets move onto Heihachi.

Heihachi:
Heihachi is one of the main characters and antagonist of most of the Tekken games, starring as the main villain in the first game, and then having minor roles after until Tekken 7, needless to say though, he's still one of big names people think of when thinking of someone to represent the series if a fighter from Tekken were to get into Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as a playable character. I will say that Heihachi has a far better shot than Agumon for a few reasons, the first being the obvious Mii costume that was revealed at the end of Ryu's reveal trailer during the Smash 4 period and as of the last direct, various fighters such as Chrom and King K. Rool who were Mii costumes in Smash 4 have been upgraded to actual fighters so it's most likely Heihachi may get the same treatment as the others. The second reason is that Ultimate seems to be catering towards villains this time around, I mean we got the return of Wolf, then Ridley and now of course big Kruella K Rool so once again Heihachi's chances have been raised even more from this. Though I guess the only downside going for him was that in a interview with Sakurai, he said that Heihachi was gonna appear in Smash 4 but Sakurai felt that his moveset would be too difficult to implement and was also dropped in favour of Pac-Man to represent Bandai Namco.

So there we have it, two Bandai Namco reps and my thoughts on them, out of the two I would really want Agumon but realistically I think Heihachi has the better shot here but you know Sakurai. If you've made it this far without scrolling along or clicking off from boredom then thank you for reading.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
The thread will probably get locked or erased, but I dare to say Sophitia and Cassandra Alexandra as echo.

Lloyd could be a possibility too.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
YOSHIMITSU he represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur and he has many iterations of himself

Top Bottom