• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ban stadium

Varist

Smash Lord
wow nerds arguing about banning more stages can melee get any gayer

First they take away kongo mad hustler jungle

then they took away rainbow cruisin with my ******

deaf city didnt last long and now you wanna stop all the pokemon battles what the ****

seriously you would ban every stage there was if you got the chance and then we couldnt even play melee because wed have to gentlemens rule every game until someone decided to be a little ***** about it and demand the full stage striking process which would of course lead to nothing and you win or lose based on what character you blind pickeds theoretical matchup against the character the other opponent blind picked and flip a coin for dittos what the **** guys

if you want everything balanced just ban everything thats not fox and get it out of the way since thats what you want. i would play with items too if they werent such a ****in hassle to pick up all the time jesus X shouldve been the item grab button not just another jump lazy nintendo get out of here

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
wow nerds arguing about banning more stages can melee get any gayer

First they take away kongo mad hustler jungle

then they took away rainbow cruisin with my *****s

deaf city didnt last long and now you wanna stop all the pokemon battles what the ****

seriously you would ban every stage there was if you got the chance and then we couldnt even play melee because wed have to gentlemens rule every game until someone decided to be a little ***** about it and demand the full stage striking process which would of course lead to nothing and you win or lose based on what character you blind pickeds theoretical matchup against the character the other opponent blind picked and flip a coin for dittos what the **** guys

if you want everything balanced just ban everything thats not fox and get it out of the way since thats what you want. i would play with items too if they werent such a ****in hassle to pick up all the time jesus X shouldve been the item grab button not just another jump lazy nintendo get out of here
Lol someone is mad :smash:

Smash Rookie
Stadium needs to go, it gives one of the top tiers, Fox, a stupidly good stage for him, along with allowing him to do an infinite.

Varist

Smash Lord
can i report you for being off topic now?

i would ban stadium because it gives tier 1 character infinites and u just want to ask me for advice on social situations? theres no correct response thats called autism u just go with the flow lol...

u must be a yungin'... after all

i would ban stadium because it gives tier 1 character infinites and u just want to ask me for advice on social situations? theres no correct response thats called autism u just go with the flow lol...

Pokemon Stadium should not be banned for those reasons. Fox rarely ever infinites characters on that stage. It can only happen vs certain characters (Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Peach, Marth (NTSC only), and Sheik) on certain transformations (Rock and fire). Even when the matchups and stage requirements happen, getting opponents into those infinite situations are too difficult to reliably do. Also, banning/legalizing stages to adjust character balance isn't a good idea. Character balance isn't really important. Gameplay matters much more. Would it be better to have Mute City for floaties to have their good stage or is it better off banned because that stage has no grabbable edges and cars that interrupt the fight? Gameplay gets ruined when you decide stage legality on character balance

Smash Rookie

Calm down man, I agree with you though. A tier 1 character having an infinite is just too much.......

Varist

Smash Lord
Pokemon Stadium should not be banned for those reasons. Fox rarely ever infinites characters on that stage. It can only happen vs certain characters (Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Peach, Marth (NTSC only), and Sheik) on certain transformations (Rock and fire). Even when the matchups and stage requirements happen, getting opponents into those infinite situations are too difficult to reliably do. Also, banning/legalizing stages to adjust character balance isn't a good idea. Character balance isn't really important. Gameplay matters much more. Would it be better to have Mute City for floaties to have their good stage or is it better off banned because that stage has no grabbable edges and cars that interrupt the fight? Gameplay gets ruined when you decide stage legality on character balance
transformations interrupt the fight point proven bro u admitted it urself u want game play i think u shud take out a stage where all the game play just stops cuz ppl dont wanna get infinited by a fox in a wall smash

transformations interrupt the fight point proven bro u admitted it urself u want game play i think u shud take out a stage where all the game play just stops cuz ppl dont wanna get infinited by a fox in a wall smash
Link me lots of videos where Foxes infitines players

What are the exact timings for transformations? I don't know them, but for this case let's assume they're equal. Half the time the stage is neutral, the other half it's 1 of 4 other stages, 2 of which aure ban-worthy. Half the time of that half the time, PS shouldn't be a legal stage. Is 75% legal safe enough to keep it? Is 25% ban-worthy bad enough to get rid of it? Neutral, grass, and water are good stages to play on. Also, the game stops because jumping over walls into an opponent's territory is a stupid idea. It traps the approacher too well

Personally, I'm neutral on the subject. I'd be fine either way

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
Yo Chill. Your getting mad at everyone here lol

Top Bottom