• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM7 International Guest Trailer Released

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
This pisses me off every time I hear it. Why WOULDN'T we have a Smash scene? We're a first world country with over 20 million people! Do people really think Australia is the barren wasteland it's often depicted as?
ummm dude... I said I never thought of them having a smash scene. that doesn't mean there are no people..

I said I can't wait to see what they can do and you attack lol. Its not my fault australia hasn't done anything to get my attention. I dont see them on smashboards. I dont hear about any of their tournaments (this is literally the first time ive ever heard about australia being in the smash scene aside from a few players that have come to the US). Did you expect me to look up all countries and look up their smash scenes?

I can't believe ppl even liked your post

This actually happened at Genesis 1, when several international crews competed in a crew battle tournament.
Team Eurasia included two players from Australia, including CAOTIC (featured in the documentary), and the likes of Armada.
The international team was beaten by Canada, I assume the US won.
Well I'm more looking forward to Team USA, Team Europe, Team Australia, Team Japan, Team Mexico, and more kind of Olympics you know? :)

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
Why is there no mention of Aerodrome as a player? C'mon all.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think that right there seems to be the biggest hurdle. I'm fully aware of Melbourne's Smash scene, and good on them as well for roping in some of Smash's big wigs for BAM - rock on Melbourne! However, every time I do occasionally look at the Aussie hub here, as a Sydney-sider, I see a lot of Victoria, a bit of ACT - of all places. (I've always felt that Question Time is just political Smash! :troll:) A bit of South Australia. I am forced to admit that I do think the Smash scene in NSW at least sort half alive.

Apart from Smash City I wouldn't mind knowing other Smash communities in the New South of the Wales and the state players.
Victoria has a big scene, act\ has a tiny scene with like 10 man tourneys, NSW has a thriving scene with like 2 tourneys a month with big turnouts, heaps of up coming talent and meets everywhere, where have you been looking?

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Victoria has a big scene, act\ has a tiny scene with like 10 man tourneys, NSW has a thriving scene with like 2 tourneys a month with big turnouts, heaps of up coming talent and meets everywhere, where have you been looking?
Clearly in the wrong place. That and the fact that I don't visit the Aussie hub here as much as I like to or should.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Clearly in the wrong place. That and the fact that I don't visit the Aussie hub here as much as I like to or should.
SA's (South Australia) scene is picking up steam again, having 3 weekly meetups, 2 or 3 tournies per month it's a miracle we dont get burned out (plugging our stream @ twitch.tv/kaizmo). We had about 50 different smash players at our last weekly meetup (EVAC on Fridays)

Top Bottom