• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore's Finest Vids PLEASE CRITIC!

Nurok

Smash Lord
Sup all, this is Nurok.
i recently had a mini-mini-mini-mini smashfest with DOSV and Nikk.
about like... jan 3 or something.
SO these vids are sorta old. I just uploaded them though.
SO.
nurok-Falco, falco, falco-sucks at smash
DOSV-Yoshi, samus, pichu-amazing at life
Nikk-fox-this kid just ***** everybody there. he really improved.
NightmareKornkid-marth. didnt come for the new mini mini fest

BTW dont mind the horrible music. i was rushed and i just put random songs in a few of them, then decided no nsongs.
=(

New ****-
DOSV vs. Nikk

Nurok Vs. Nikk

Nurok vs. Nikk

DOSV vs. Nurok

Nurok vs. DOSV

DOSV vs. Nikk

DOSV vs. Nikk

DOSV vs. Nikk

OLLLDDDDD ****(we def. all improved after this.)

DOSV vs. Nurok

NightmareKornkid vs. Nurok

DOSV vs. Nurok

NightmareKornkid vs. Nurok

Nurok(fox) vs. DOSV(fox) - this match was my old fox. it sucks i know.

PLZ critic. we are trying to get better.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
yeah with DOSV Vs Nikk the Fox should concentrate more on being faster, dont be afriad of getting close to roy. also for the fox u need to grab more. keep it up.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Oh srry fer the double post XP . Um yeah Nurok when u fought DOSV in the first match you also need to grab a whole lot more. It looks like his Roy waits for YOU to get near him. So u should do a Short hop laser to grab attack and a couple of times a good grab to down smash would've finished him off

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Nikk: You don't have to jump out of your shine EVERY single time. Have some variation; you get very predictable. Also, you really should try being a bit more agressive. You just waited for your opponent to attack or move several times. I recommend either attacking (attacking smartly, that is), or pressuring your opponent into coming at you with some retreating SHL. And your ledge game could use some serious work.

I suggest you go on youtube and search for some Foxes (Chillin, M2K, Masashi, etc.) and start watching and learning.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Nikki - When you fight against a fellow fastfaller like Falco, you should focus on vertical juggles like chainthrowing UThrows and using UTilts and USmash or UAir as a finisher. Also, when you tried to shinespike Nurok out of Phantasm in the very beginning I highly suggest that you stay on the stage; 1) the timing is slightly easier (for me, I guess) and 2) if you screw up you don't have to worry about meteor recovering. Also, you should try to wavedash out of the shine more instead of jumping out of it.

Nurok - I'm sure you know already, but you can always improve your pillaring. Also, you could implement more reverse shl's into your game; I saw a few, but more laser spamming never hurt anyone :p. Also, note that on Fox, DThrow -> DSmash is an almost escapable death combo near the edge unless they either DI away after the DThrow or shine you right before the DSmash.

I'll comment on more matches later.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
o_O wtf man, i grab alot...(to the point where it gets me killed) oh and whats with the younglink pikachu fox in the sig? o_O?
thats link wid some gannon traits cuz my crew member uses gannon an link an d the pikachu wearing a fox vest fer the same reason

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Oh srry fer the double post XP . Um yeah Nurok when u fought DOSV in the first match you also need to grab a whole lot more. It looks like his Roy waits for YOU to get near him. So u should do a Short hop laser to grab attack and a couple of times a good grab to down smash would've finished him off
I usually tech when a space animal does d-throw

Edit: Nurok add this vid to the first post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNW5piNlCRk

it's my Samus vs. Nikk's Fox

Edit: is anyone gonna give me any tips?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
good stuff nurok you definitely improved.
cant wait to play you again ;)
umm some critics...
i think you should work on di to survive hits, specialy when facing obvious combos like roy's dtilt fsmash etc
and when they were holding the edge, you almost always fsmashed there so they could roll alot through it. though its still good, just mix it up.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Yeah- my pillaring can always get better. So could my DI.
Also....... i never throw down, cuz u can tech it so easily. but ill implement it, as a random attack no would ever notice.. =)

Vist

Smash Champion
The vids were good other than the lack of sound/music.

my tips:

-work on DI! I know it's harder said than done, but the DI made a big difference in the matches. Remember to hold up/in for surviving horizontal attacks and to the side for surviving vertical attacks, otherwise DI away or outward etc for grabs and weaker hits and such. If you don't DI well against grabs/weaker hits you'll potentially be combo'd like crazy or just hit with a strong attack. Don't let yourself be taken off guard by a strong hit without a good DI; if you expect to get hit or even if theres a small chance you'll get hit hard, be ready to DI that mess.

-There's was a lot of slow paced moments in the matches. It's okay to be cautious at times but speediness usually wins the battle. If you're not quick with your techniques and such, you'll get flustered by technical and aggressive players.

-There wasn't much aggressive edgeguarding. A lot of the edgeguarding was done by having one person just waiting on the stage patiently while the other person made their way back. Even if you have projectiles, I simple nair off the stage accompanied with edgehogging can work well. Also, looking from the other side of things, during recoveries there wasn't much sweetspotting. If you don't go for sweetspotting and grabbing the ledge, you may be giving your opponent more of an opportunity to just sit back on the stage and wait with smash attacks etc.

- one other thing, I noticed there were times where double jumped aerials would be used like shffled aerials. They weren't punished as much as they could have been, but using double jumps to approach and attack the enemy can be risky. One good hit and you're off the stage with no jump; combine that with a bad DI and you're screwed.

I could go into more detail but you guys probably already know what im talking about. People make mistakes and such in matches and it's hard to improve on DIs and other subtle yet important habits. I normally don't critique vids too much but I hope I might have helped you guys out.

Good stuff guys

Vist

Smash Champion
nurok- i wont be at chu's but i should be at c3. I'm down for matches whenever we're both at a fest/tournament again

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Nikk has improved a bit, but even I can see a few weaknesses.

Nikk - practice wavedashing more, then use it more for edgehogging, spacing, waveshining. Learn to waveshine and your fox will improve greatly. Also Nikk, use more bair attacks and learn to L-Cancel those drill kicks. Simply put: work on your technical skillz. Read fox guides and watch some vids of PC Chris, Musashi, Chillin, etc. Pick a pro and watch all their vids :p

DOSV - I'm not a samus or roy player, but my main suggestion is to ditch roy and use marth... lolz j/k :)

Nurok - what metroid said plus more bairs when edge guarding... a good falco overall tho. I can't wait to play it again.

Everyone, good playing. Read guides, watch vids, practice in training mode and vs lvl1 cpu (or against a sandbag player if u have one), then play vs good players. I'm looking forward to playing you all again upon my return to Bmore next week!

D

Deleted member

you dont necessarily have to pick a pro's vids....just good smooth ones and dont watch comb. vids unless your fuxing w/new ideas but youve got the right idea umbc

i trained against lvl ones too believe it or not lol(people are still better though)

you all are improved since then im shore and next time i see you guys we'll train and ****

vist covered the jist of what i wanted to say other than that;)

Top Bottom