• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter for DLC! R.I.P. Mr. Iwata

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i most certainly purchased Balloon Fight after hearing of Iwata's passing, before i didn't really have much of an interest in the game, didn't even know it was on the E-shop until yesterday, (i should have known due to the NWC this past E3, it just never ocurred to me.)

I support Balloon Fighter, at first i was considering on passing him up. but after actually playing the game, i've started to warm up to the idea of him being in smash, and i wouldn't mind it happening, my friends are against it cause they're afraid it'll take development time away from "other characters", the Villager card was pulled multiple times, i'm pretty sure i saw every possible argument against Balloon Fighter the moment i mentioned it in the Skype Chat i'm in. but to be entirely honest: i don't care. many of the arguments were sub-par and even seemed to be out of fear of him taking a spot from someone they want in smash. somewhat justifiable, granted. but it doesn't completely remove him from speculation, i'm open to character ideas in smash and Balloon Fighter sounds appealing to me.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I can see Balloon Fighter being added in a future game , but not as DLC. It could be similar to how G&W was partially a tribute to Gunpei's influence on Nintendo. Still recovering from the shock.

As a side note it always bothered me a tiny bit that Villager didn't use Animal Crossing balloons for his recovery.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Sign me up. I am actually removing Gengar and putting Baloon Fighter as my 4th Most wanted as of now. For Iwata-san.

The ideal reveal for him would be bring back Ice Climbers and adding him.

Balloon Fighter and Alice can be like the Koopalings and BJ

Also, just as my promise to main Ice Climbers if they return, I would main Balloon Fighter also :)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 45683 Come here to show some love to our little Balloon Bud!
:drohyou:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drohyou:

Before we get into any Balloon Fighter related info, I would like to take some time to remember former Nintendo CEO, Satoru Iwata. It's fair to say it's been a hard past weekend for Nintendo fans and even video game fans out there, including myself. Mr. Iwata had been dealing with health issues for the past year and missed out on gaming conventions like E3 2014 because of his health. He's even gave us some insight to how he's been dealing with it, and would always give us some good news. Unfortunately Iwata's death on July 11 (Saturday) all caught us in shock, since it was so unexpecting. So let's take some time to honor him. He's helped create some of Nintendo's most memorable games, like Earthbound, Kirby Adventure, the Mario Kart franchise, even contributions to the Smash franchise, etc. that continue to grow in popularity to this day. He had such a passion for the company, and strived to make it more than a gaming company. He even cut his salary in half because Nintendo was in a downfall, and he still regains his smile. How can you not call that dedication? It's arguable he's the biggest contributor in the gaming industry; even other gaming industries like Sony or Microsoft admired him. I think it would only be right to think of the legacy Iwata has left behind. So go play a Nintendo game; It could be anything. But always remember what video games are meant to be: fun. Fun for everyone. So go and play something and have FUN, it's only what he would want. Nintendo Directs will never be the same without him :(. It's hard to think of Nintendo without Iwata...
Rest in Peace, Iwata-san. Thank you for our childhood, and in return, we give all our love and memories directly to you.

View attachment 61612
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

:drohyou:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drohyou:

~Now that I've gotten that off my chest, you may be wondering, "That tribute to Iwata was nice and all, but what does all this have to do with Balloon Fight?" Mr. Iwata was the famed creator of Balloon Fight, believe it or not. Balloon Fight holds a very special place in my heart as the first game I've every played, and remains my all time favorite video game to this date. In fact, this was the first game Mr. Iwata had programmed. I believe adding Balloon Fighter as a character would not only give Smash another old-school representer to bring something new to the table, but also bring honor to Mr. Iwata. Mr. Iwata's contributions and legacy will remain in our hearts forever. Thank you for the memories.

~Balloon Fighter is one of the most iconic old-school Nintendo characters to live. Making his debut in the NES classic in 1984, Balloon Fight grew to be one of the most successful games on the system. Balloon Fighter, I believe, has a lot of fighting potential. Yeah, yeah, I know, that's a phrase you probably hear a lot, but think of it this way. All Nintendo characters or even third-party characters could be given iconic and cool moves. Think of Duck Hunt. That was probably a character you've never thought you'd see in Smash Bros. I'll admit, when I heard Duck Hunt was confirmed, I was in disbelief. "How could a dog fight in Smash Brothers?" I thought to myself, but after seeing it's creative move-set, it makes me think why other characters shouldn't be given something iconic like that? I'm sure with a little creativity, Balloon Fighter or even other characters could be given the perfect moveset.

Movesets~
Here you will find fan-made move-sets. If you would like me to submit your's post it below!

A-money2121's moveset
~Now if I were Sakurai, I would make a moveset similar to the many elements of Balloon Fight. But I'm not Sakurai... However, I would like to give my thoughts on how Balloon Fighter could benefit as a great and unique fighter for Smash 4. Here are my thoughts for attributes and a moveset.

~Traits:
Because Balloon Fight takes place in the air, and because Balloon Fighters do fight in the air, I would assume that the best option would be to give Balloon Fighter great air-moves and air mobility. He could be the complete opposite of Little Mac; great in the air, but not so reliable on the ground. He could extend combos in the air by jumping and attacking with his balloons.

As mentioned, Balloon Fight takes place in the air, so I figured that Balloon Fighter could have the most jumps out of every fighter. To see how this would benefit him, read below!

~Specials:
Up-B: Pump

Now just because it's an up-b, it doesn't mean it needs to be a recovery. Good examples of that are Jigglypuff and Yoshi. Both of these characters truly rely on their jumps to recover. The same can benefit to Balloon Fighter. Using up-b, BF (Balloon Fighter) pulls a pump out and begins to pump up some balloons. After every three pumps, one balloon is pumped (I should also mention that you can have a total of two balloons on BF, similar to the original game). One balloon are equivalent to five jumps, meaning that with two balloons, BF could have a total of ten jumps. The balloons are also very fragile, and can be popped easily with any attack from your opponent. If both balloons pop in midair, BF deploys his parachute and gently floats down. I should also mention the more balloons he has, the better air movement he gets, meaning that with only one balloon, his aerial movement wouldn't be as good in comparison to two balloons. But that wouldn't remove any combo potential that BF would have. Because, with such air advantage, BF would be great for preforming combos in the air!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Down-B: Flipper

If any of you have ever played Melee or the original Balloon Fight, you might recognize the Flipper. The flipper move here functions are slightly similar to how they function in Melee, except not as much of a nuisance. By placing the Flipper down, it does one of two things: the flipper can deflect projectiles and launch it in a random direction; It could go back to the person who sent it, it could go up, it could go horizontally, who knows. The flipper can also hit opponents, but it wouldn't launch them very far. When coming in contact with an opponent or a projectile, the flipper will begin to spin rapidly. It kinda functions similar to the actual flipper from Balloon Fight. It's not a kill move, nor does it hurt a lot, but it makes for a useful projectile barrier, or barrier in general, and is a nice combo starter. And, of course, the flipper is only there for a temporary amount of time.
Side-B: Lighting Bolt

If any of you played the original Balloon Fight, you probably noticed the thunderclouds around the stage. Occasionally, those thunderclouds would shoot lightning bolts in a random direction. BF could also utilize such bolts. Using side-b would launch a slow-moving lightning bolt horizontally, except it would move a little bit faster in this game. It functions quite similar to Pikachu's thunder jolt, except the bolt would be traveling in the air and deals more knock back.

Neutral-B: ???

I've actually been unable to think of any Neutral-B moves for Balloon Fighter. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

SmashRiver64's moveset
Game of Origin: Balloon Fight (NES)

MAIN GIMMICK: BALLOONS
Balloon Fighter starts the battle with (and can hold a maximum of) 2 Balloons. Each Balloon is impossible to pop (Unlike Villager, whom is able to get his balloons popped by other fighters) but Balloon Fighter can choose to explode a Balloon for a Powerful Attack (IE is Smash Attacks and maybe a Meteor Smash) at the cost of his recovery potential, but he can get Balloons Back with his Neutral Special. Balloon Fighter's Jumping and Recovery ability changes depending on if he has 2, 1 or No Balloons.

MECHANICS
Balloon Fighter, regardless of Balloons:
Weight: Around 85 (85 = Same as Zelda and Sheik)
Size: A little bit smaller than Dr. Mario
Speed: Around Olimar's area

Balloon Fighter with No Balloons:
Jumps: 2 (Not including Up Special)
Jump Height: Around Ganondorf's area
Floatiness: Again, around Olimar's area

Balloon Fighter with 1 Balloon:
Jumps: 3 (Not including Up Special)
Jump Height: Around Dedede's area
Jump Floatiness/Air Speed: Around Mr. Game & Watch's area

Balloon Fighter with 2 Balloons:
Jumps 1 and 2 Height: Around Luigi's area
Jump 3 Height: Around Greninja's area
Jump Floatiness/Air Speed: Around Jigglypuff's Area

SPECIALS
Up Special: Balloon Jump - Balloon Fighter uses a Balloon pop to propel himself upward!
With 2 Balloons: Almost exactly like Mr. Game & Watch's Parachute. You lose 1 Balloon but are able to attack while you fall.
With 1 Balloon: You jump the height of Luigi's Up B, but you can still move left/right freely. You lose your Balloon and go into Helpless State.
With No Balloons: Basically the equivelant of trying to use your Up Special as Olimar in Brawl when you have no Pikmin. You fall into Helpless State.

Neutral Special: Pump - Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon!
With 2 Balloons: Nothing happens.
With 1 Balloon: Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon, can be sped up by mashing B, but not that much. Takes about 1 second when mashing.
With No Balloons: Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon, can be sped up greatly by mashing B. Takes about 1/3 of a second when mashing.

Side Special: Spark - Balloon Fighter tosses a Spark to shock his foes!
Moves rather slow, but functions similar to PAC-MAN's bell when it hits (And causes alot of damage)
No Balloons Required.

Down Special: Flipper - Balloon Fighter places a Flipper down as a trap that lasts about 10 seconds!
An opponent touching the Flipper damages and launches them, but Balloon Fighter has no interaction with it.
No Balloons required.

FINAL SMASH: FISH
Balloon Fighter's Balloons turn Gold (Signifying that you now have infinite jumps) (If Balloon Fighter was missing any Balloons, they are automatically given to him upon using the Final Smash) and the Fish from Balloon Fight starts to chase under Balloon Fighter. The goal here is to fly above your foes, which will cause the Fish to lunge out of the 8-Bit Water (Which appears in the foreground when the FS is active) and deals a massive blow to whoever the Fish hits. If you get hit by the fish yourself from standing on the ground too long (Or the FS' time runs out), the Final Smash ends.

Zzuxon's moveset
Notes: Has 5 jumps, and a flipper on his belt that he uses for some attacks.

Neutral Special: Blow Up/Pop Down: The center of Balloon Fighter's main mechanic, this move allows him too switch between having 1 and 2 balloons. If he currently has 1, he blows up a second, if he has 2 he pops 1. Having 1 balloon cause BF to lose aerial mobility, though even with one balloon his aerial movement is very high by the rest of the cast's standards. However, he also becomes heavier and more difficult to KO.

Side Special: Slow Zap: Referencing the lightning clouds in Balloon Fight, he rubs his balloon(s) against the back of his head and shoots a small lightning spark out of his hands. It moves slowly, like in the original game.

Up Special: Overinflate: BF gradually feeds more helium into his balloons, causing him to rise until the balloons can't take it anymore and pop. He gets new balloons when he hits the ground.

Down Special: Exploding Balloon: BF blows a balloon, ties it, and lets it go where he is. The balloon has a picture of an explosion on it for good reason, it will explode on contact with an opponent or projectile. It remains stationary, moving neither up or down. BF can't have more than 3 out at once.
Magikarpow's moveset
Character: Balloon Fighter
I took move inspiration from Balloon Fight, Balloon Kid, and Balloon Trip Breeze (Nintendoland).

Speed: Slow - Around Zelda or Villager's Speed
Air Speed: Fast - It would be around the best in the game. Akin to Wario and Jigglypuff's air speed.
Jumps: Balloon Fighter would have 2 jumps regularly. With 1 balloon, he would have 3 jumps, and with 2 balloons, he would have 5.
Weight: Balloon Fighter weighs more when he has less balloons. Regularly, he would be a bit heavier then Mario. With one balloon, he becomes around the weight of Marth. Finally, with two balloons he would become among the lightest characters in the game, around Kirby level.

Jab A: Balloon Fighter slaps the opponent. 1%
Jab AA: Balloon Fighter double-slaps the opponent. 2%
Jab AAA: Balloon Fighter finishes off the combo with a nice kick. 5%
F-Tilt: Balloon Fighter punches the opponent with a boxing glove. 6%
U-Tilt: Balloon Fighter slaps his hands upwards. 8%
D-Tilt: Balloon Fighter slaps his hand on the ground and a little shockwave appears in front of him. The shockwave causes decent knockback.
Melee: 6%
Shockwave: 4%
Dash Attack: Balloon Fighter rushes forwards and body slams the opponent. 9%
Ledge Attack: Balloon Fighter quickly rushes on and kicks forward. 6%
Get-up attack. Balloon Fighter twirls around on the ground as he gets up. This attack does more damage with balloons.
7% without balloons, 9% with one, and 12% with two.

Nair: Balloon Fighter twirls around. 7%
Fair: Balloon Fighter punches out his hand forward. It has an electric effect. 11%
Bair: Balloon Fighter flaps/slams his hands downwards behind him. This move is quite fast, and has a weak meteor smash. 13%
Dair: Balloon Fighter kicks downwards. Great KOer with Strong Meteor Smash. 14%
Uair Balloon Fighter claps his hands above him. 7%

Grab: Balloon Fighter reaches forward and grabs.
Pummel: Balloon Fighter slaps the opponent. 3%
Up Throw: Balloon Fighter ties a balloon to the opponent, that flings them upwards. 3% They continue to keep going up unless they mash A and destroy the balloon. The higher the opponent's percent is, the harder it is to mash the balloon.
Forward Throw: Balloon Fighter makes a flipper appear behind him, and then he grabs the opponent, throws the around into the flipper, which shoots them forward. 11% This can KO at around 140% on the edge.
Back Throw: Balloon Fighter takes the opponent, twirls around three times, then sends them flying backwards. 7%
Down Throw: Balloon Fighter throws the opponent to the floor, then slams his hands down, creating a shockwave that launches them skyward. 11%

Up Smash: Balloon Fighter takes out a green balloon and begins pumping. It grows bigger and bigger until it explodes. Large radius. 15-19% Good KOer, starting lag.
Side Smash: Balloon Fighter claps his hands to the side. 14-18% A little laggy.
Down Smash: Balloon Fighter charges up a super stomp. Lots of ending lag, but very powerful.
13-17%

Neutral Special: Thunder Ball- Balloon Fighter charges up an spark ball. He shoots it forward, dealing electrical damage. 3-10%

Side Special: Balloon Twirl- Balloon Fighter launches himself forward, spinning wildly. This attack does more damage with balloons. It does around 6% without balloons, 9% with one, and 14% with two. This move can not be spammed.

Up Special: Flipper Launch- A flipper appears below Balloon Fighter and propels him upwards. Other characters can get hit by the flipper and it lasts around 5 seconds. It doesn't deal damage, only knockback.

Down Special: Blow Up -Balloon Fighter squats down and starts to blow up a balloon. After a few seconds it attaches to Balloon Fighter. He can have a maximum 2 balloons. If they are directly attacked, they pop. Once he has balloons, Balloon Fighter gains more jumps, and a few of his attack change.
His Nair, his Uair, his Up Special, and his Down Special change. Also, if Balloon Fighters balloons are attacked from above, they can break. A good player should be able to keep the opponent away from the top of their balloons.

Uair: Balloon Fighter swats at opponents upwards with his balloons. Does more damage and knockback with two balloons. 6,9%
Nair: Balloon Fighter flaps his hands. This also move can be used multiple times quickly and lowers Balloon Fighters decent speed. You can use this to control Balloon Fighter more easily. 2%

Up Special: Balloon Drop -Balloon Fighter releases one of his balloons he had. It flies upwards, and does small damage if it hits anybody on the way. If Balloon Fighter releases his last balloon in the air, he falls to the ground in a helpless state.3%

Down Special: Air Release - Balloon Fighter lets the air out of one of his balloons, sideways. While this does no damage, it has a very strong windbox that could be useful for gimping. This move can only be used when you have two active balloons.

Final Smash: Fish Flood
Balloon Fighter gains two balloons, and the stage starts flooding. Balloon Fighter flies upwards, safe from the water. The stage floods halfway and the opponents are left in the water. The player now takes hold of Balloon Fighter (who has infinite jumps) and they can drop large chunks of meat in the water which cause huge fish to come out of the water and to swallow the foes whole. If an opponent stays idle to long, they get automatically eaten. Getting eaten is an instant KO.

Palette Swaps~ (soon)
Pending...
Supporters~
We are the BALLOON FIGHTERS! (aka the supporters)
1. @ A-money2121 A-money2121
2. @Darth Nightmaricus
3. @Speedwagon
4. @Diddy Kong
5. @fed0ra7
6. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
7. @Thelimomon
8. @SmashRiver64
9. @kylexv
10. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
11. @MOI-ARI
12. @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA
13. @ shinhed-echi shinhed-echi
14. @bksbestbwoy
15. @TheAnvil
16. @Magikarpow
17. @toadster101
18. @ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J
19. @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
20. @ Zoljinx Zoljinx
21. @ Nintendotard Nintendotard

This post is incomplete and may be updated in a daily basis
:drohyou:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I support Balloon Fighter! Also, since due to Iwata's passing, I feel it would be a nice tribute to his memory to add him to the Smash series.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Add me to the list of supporters. It would be a wonderful tribue to a wonderful man. Not just a gamer, not just a CEO, but someone who truly seemed to value people and happiness above all else.

As an aside, I'm amazed that people are still trying to use Villager's moveset to debunk anyone's chances after so many people seemed certain Little Mac wouldn't be in since he uses boxing gloves for one attack. A silly argument then, just as this one is now. On the character's merits alone I see potential for a fun gimmick (loving the idea of a shifting character weight mentioned earlier) and would be nice to have another retro candidate coming back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got an idea, what if Alice from Balloon Kid was an alternate costume to the Balloon Fighter like Alph.
But here's the catch, Alice wears the same outfit as the Balloon Fighter sans the helmet.I would also suggest to make this a thread for the Balloon Fighter AND Alice, similar to how the Isaac thread also has Matthew.

and yes, im still planning to post my moveset here, but im still working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Balloon Fighter has been my most wanted character even before Brawl was announced.

Guess I'll sign up. Before Smash 4 was released, I did make a Balloon Fighter support topic here on SmashBoards but lost all interest once :4villager: was shown with his Up Special. I even didn't bother putting Balloon Fighter on the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot until a couple days ago.

But the whole Iwata tragedy got my hope and interest back.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I got an idea, what if Alice from Balloon Kid was an alternate costume to the Balloon Fighter like Alph.
But here's the catch, Alice wars the same outfit as the Balloon Fighter sans the helmet.I would also suggest to make this a thread for the Balloon Fighter AND Alice, similar to how the Isaac thread also has Matthew.

That would be nice since Balloon Kid is technically a Balloon Fight sequel with a new setting and actual boss battles. Plus, it would be a good excuse of having a remix of the Pencilvannia theme from the game.

Wait a minute, are you sure that you aren't PlasmaCannon from Gamefaqs. He had been proposing that idea for a while and even feels that she has more of a character than Balloon Fighter.

D

Deleted member

That would be nice since Balloon Kid is technically a Balloon Fight sequel with a new setting and actual boss battles. Plus, it would be a good excuse of having a remix of the Pencilvannia theme from the game.

Wait a minute, are you sure that you aren't PlasmaCannon from Gamefaqs. He had been proposing that idea for a while and even feels that she has more of a character than Balloon Fighter.
Uhhhh.....who's PlasmaCannon? Sorry, but im not that person, in fact i don't visit GameFaqs most of the time (mostly because i like Roy from FE, and you how GameFaqs reacts to Roy whenever they talk about him).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
But here's the catch, Alice wears the same outfit as the Balloon Fighter sans the helmet.I would also suggest to make this a thread for the Balloon Fighter AND Alice, similar to how the Isaac thread also has Matthew.

I don't see why she should wear the original BF outfit. I think it changes nothing, and her clothes are a close enough, girl version of it (unless undershots is what worries you).
But yeah, I like the idea since Balloon Kid is practically half the franchise. :D
So, 4 recolors for BF (Player 1, player 2, enemy 1, enemy 2?) and 4 for Alice (default art, Game Boy pallette green, Game Boy pallette Gray, and her brother's art colors).

Would they port the 3DS stage to the Wii U?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uhhhh.....who's PlasmaCannon? Sorry, but im not that person, in fact i don't visit GameFaqs most of the time (mostly because i like Roy from FE, and you how GameFaqs reacts to Roy whenever they talk about him).
So your not him? That's good to know, since he's basically one of the few people who was extremely vocal about Alice. Hell, not a single person here even made a support topic for the poor girl. :laugh:

Gamefaqs, that one community that hates anyone who's popular. As a fellow Roy fan, I feel you so hard.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Good idea, but I would personally keep Alice in her cute little dress. Just to ensure to everyone else that she does indeed have her own identity, considering that I'm almost certain she's even MORE obscure than Balloon Fighter himself. BTW, after all this talk about Balloon Fight, I just remembered I was probably the first to make the first (and possibly still ONLY) Alice from Balloon Kid for Smash 4 thread. Problem is, I made the thread a couple of hours before Sakurai himself announced Prince Sable as an AT for Smash 4, and I think a lot of people flocked over to that thread to pay their respects to Prince Sable and @BluePikmin11 for his de-confirmation. (Heck, I was one of those people!:smirk:)

Balloon Fighter has been my most wanted character even before Brawl was announced.

Guess I'll sign up. Before Smash 4 was released, I did make a Balloon Fighter support topic here on SmashBoards but lost all interest once :4villager: was shown with his Up Special. I even didn't bother putting Balloon Fighter on the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot until a couple days ago.

But the whole Iwata tragedy got my hope and interest back.
Well, that's nice. It's really sweet how people are paying a lot more attention to Balloon Fighter and Balloon Fight as a whole. R.I.P. Iwata-san. Thanks for everything. Especially giving us a fun game to play on our free time. (That being Balloon Fight!)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

If Balloon Fighter himself is a silent protagonist like Villager, I could see it happen.

D

Deleted member

Would they port the 3DS stage to the Wii U?
I think it would be cool if the hyphotetical Wii U version of the stage was like Wrecking Crew (in other words, have it look like a reimagination the game with HD graphics unlike the 3ds version).

So your not him? That's good to know, since he's basically one of the few people who was extremely vocal about Alice. Hell, not a single person here even made a support topic for the poor girl. :laugh:

Gamefaqs, that one community that hates anyone who's popular. As a fellow Roy fan, I feel you so hard.
I requested the idea because the Isaac thread is also a Matthew thread (although they almost never talk about him) and i think we could do something similar with Balloon Fighter and Alice.

And yeah, i don't get the Roy :salt: either in GameFaqs (although it may have to do with the "Tier wars" of 2003/2004) in fact, i wonder how people there reacted to the Roy leak on June 13th (example:OMG FAKE IS JAST LEIK REIMEN 111111!11 HAWTSY OMNEY DID THIS!) i hope Roy is a High/Top tier character just to see Roy haters be butthurt about how :4feroy: is "superior" to Marth and their Waifu :troll:.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Would it be alright if I have my name removed from the Support list, as strange as this sounds? ...I just feel like I'm having doubts about supporting Balloon Fighter...

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Don't really care about Balloon Fighter, but it would be a great tribute to a great man. I'll throw my support.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Don't really care about Balloon Fighter, but it would be a great tribute to a great man. I'll throw my support.
Ditto. Anything to honor Iwata-san's life.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I made this back in the Brawl days, might look a little dated, but I was looking for a new pure photoshop style where I combined assets from different characters to make up new ones.

But anyway, here's Alice from Balloon Kid. I think she'd be a neat alt for Balloon Fighter, who obviously should be the one in the character select screen by default. The bunny purse is a little reference to that Hello Kitty Balloon Kid game that was limited edition (or something along those lines).
Anyway, hope you guys like it. But I do want to make some BF related art this or next month, after I get some things out of my way first.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about placing a Q&A tab in my post to answer any common questions like, "Why vote for Balloon Fighter when Villager clearly represents him?" or any other questions around that territory.

Thanks for the support, guys!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The Balloon Fighter hate is real. But it's be be expected since people hate when a character they don't want starts to trend...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm here to conduct a quick survey on Balloon Fighter.
Vote yes or no for Balloon Fighter:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364042x5eae4Bc5-14
I voted YES!

BTW, @Azure Warrior, believe it or not, but I actually DID make an Alice support thread! But no one came...:c Somehow, I get the feeling that the reason barely anyone came to show their support for Alice was because I had actually made the thread LITERALLY a couple of hours before Prince Sable was de-confirmed for Smash 4 when Sakurai confirmed that the little guy was going to be an AT for Smash 4. If I remember correctly, almost everyone went straight to the Prince Sable thread to pay their condolences to the little shape-shifting Prince and @BluePikmin11 for his de-confirmation. Heck, even I went to do the same thing.:ohwell: (I also supported Prince Sable for Smash, BTW.) Speaking of which, @BluePikmin11, was I ever on that support list, BTW? Anyway, my point is my Alice thread didn't really get much love in the end, and I was a little sad about that. I honestly thought I could get AT LEAST 10 supporters for the cute, little girl.:sadeyes:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
There's more nos than yes sadly.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
View attachment 45683 Come here to show some love to our little Balloon Bud!
:drohyou:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drohyou:

Before we get into any Balloon Fighter related info, I would like to take some time to remember former Nintendo CEO, Satoru Iwata. It's fair to say it's been a hard past weekend for Nintendo fans and even video game fans out there, including myself. Mr. Iwata had been dealing with health issues for the past year and missed out on gaming conventions like E3 2014 because of his health. He's even gave us some insight to how he's been dealing with it, and would always give us some good news. Unfortunately Iwata's death on July 11 (Saturday) all caught us in shock, since it was so unexpecting. So let's take some time to honor him. He's helped create some of Nintendo's most memorable games, like Earthbound, Kirby Adventure, the Mario Kart franchise, even contributions to the Smash franchise, etc. that continue to grow in popularity to this day. He had such a passion for the company, and strived to make it more than a gaming company. He even cut his salary in half because Nintendo was in a downfall, and he still regains his smile. How can you not call that dedication? It's arguable he's the biggest contributor in the gaming industry; even other gaming industries like Sony or Microsoft admired him. I think it would only be right to think of the legacy Iwata has left behind. So go play a Nintendo game; It could be anything. But always remember what video games are meant to be: fun. Fun for everyone. So go and play something and have FUN, it's only what he would want. Nintendo Directs will never be the same without him :(. It's hard to think of Nintendo without Iwata...
Rest in Peace, Iwata-san. Thank you for our childhood, and in return, we give all our love and memories directly to you.

View attachment 61612
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drohyou:

~Now that I've gotten that off my chest, you may be wondering, "That tribute to Iwata was nice and all, but what does all this have to do with Balloon Fight?" Mr. Iwata was the famed creator of Balloon Fight, believe it or not. Balloon Fight holds a very special place in my heart as the first game I've every played, and remains my all time favorite video game to this date. In fact, this was the first game Mr. Iwata had programmed. I believe adding Balloon Fighter as a character would not only give Smash another old-school representer to bring something new to the table, but also bring honor to Mr. Iwata. Mr. Iwata's contributions and legacy will remain in our hearts forever. Thank you for the memories.

~Balloon Fighter is one of the most iconic old-school Nintendo characters to live. Making his debut in the NES classic in 1984, Balloon Fight grew to be one of the most successful games on the system. Balloon Fighter, I believe, has a lot of fighting potential. Yeah, yeah, I know, that's a phrase you probably hear a lot, but think of it this way. All Nintendo characters or even third-party characters could be given iconic and cool moves. Think of Duck Hunt. That was probably a character you've never thought you'd see in Smash Bros. I'll admit, when I heard Duck Hunt was confirmed, I was in disbelief. "How could a dog fight in Smash Brothers?" I thought to myself, but after seeing it's creative move-set, it makes me think why other characters shouldn't be given something iconic like that? I'm sure with a little creativity, Balloon Fighter or even other characters could be given the perfect moveset.

Movesets~
Here you will find fan-made move-sets. If you would like me to submit your's post it below!

A-money2121's moveset
~Now if I were Sakurai, I would make a moveset similar to the many elements of Balloon Fight. But I'm not Sakurai... However, I would like to give my thoughts on how Balloon Fighter could benefit as a great and unique fighter for Smash 4. Here are my thoughts for attributes and a moveset.

~Traits:
Because Balloon Fight takes place in the air, I would assume giving Balloon Fighter good air mobility and great aerials would just about seem right. The number of balloons he has can also determine his weight and air-mobility. Just like in the regular game, Balloon Fighter can have up to two balloons.

As mentioned, Balloon Fight takes place in the air, so I figured that Balloon Fighter could have the most jumps out of every fighter. Below I will put his stats:

Dash: 1.218: Very Slow, about Ganondorf's speed..
Jump: Pretty good, similar to how high Wario can jump (which isn't too high).
Air mobility:
Excellent, slightly better than Jigglypuff's.
Aerials: Great, good air combo's kinda similar to Mario's.
Ground attacks: Fair, pretty weak, similar to Jigglypuff's.
Killing potential: Some aerials may be capable of killing. A good smash attack could probably end it, but ground attacks probably won't.

Grabs: Throws are weak, kinda like Duck Hunt's. Up-throw can probably be a good combo starter for low percents. He has no kill throws.
Weight: His weight varies depending on how many balloons has. Overall, he is a very light character.

No Balloons: 74 (1 point less than G@W)
One Balloon: 71 (1 point less than Mewtwo)

Two Balloons: 69 (1 point over Jigglypuff)

~Specials:
Up-B: Pump

Now just because it's an up-b, it doesn't mean it needs to be a recovery. Good examples of that are Jigglypuff and Yoshi. Both of these characters truly rely on their jumps to recover. I figure the same can apply to Balloon Fighter, since I really don't want his up-b to mimic Villager's. Using up-b on the ground, BF (Balloon Fighter) pulls out a pump and will begin pumping up a balloon. After a few minor pumps, one balloon is pumped. One balloon will give BF a total of 4 jumps. As I have previously mentioned, BF can have a total of 2 balloons. After pumping one balloon, you can press up-b again to pump another. 2 balloons will give BF a total of 7 jumps, which I believe are the most jumps any character has received. Now let's say you were to use up-b in the air while you've got balloons. Your balloons will then pop, dealing heavy damage to anyone above. Once the balloons are detonated, BF will gain a small vertical boost in the air, then his parachute will deploy. If you were to use up-b in the air without any balloons, BF will not be able to damage fighter above him nor get a vertical boost, but his parachute will still deploy. The balloons can also be popped by enemy attacks, but the balloons are still somewhat sturdy, so at the very least it may take more than one, two, or even three hits to pop one balloon. Since BF's attacks are better in the air, his ground game would be decent, kinda similar to Jigglypuff's.

Down-B: Flipper

If you have ever played Melee or even the original Balloon Fight, you might recognize the Flipper. This move's functionalities are similar to how they function in Melee, except not as much of a nuisance. By placing the Flipper down, it does one of two things: the flipper can deflect projectiles and launch it in a random direction; It could go back to the person who sent it, it could go up, it could go horizontally, who knows. Two: the flipper can also hit opponents, but it wouldn't launch them very far. When coming in contact with an opponent or a projectile, the flipper will begin to spin rapidly. It's not a kill move, nor does it hurt a lot, but it makes for a useful projectile barrier, or barrier in general, and is a nice combo starter. And, of course, the flipper is only there for a temporary amount of time.
Side-B: Lighting Bolt

If any of you played the original Balloon Fight, you probably noticed the thunderclouds around the stage. Occasionally, those thunderclouds would shoot lightning bolts in a random direction. BF could also utilize such bolts. Using side-b would shoot a slow-moving lightning bolt horizontally, except it would move a tiny bit faster in this game. It functions quite similar to Pikachu's thunder jolt, except the bolt would be traveling in the air and would deal a ton more knockback.

Neutral-B: ???

I've actually been unable to think of any Neutral-B moves for Balloon Fighter. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

SmashRiver64's moveset
Game of Origin: Balloon Fight (NES)

MAIN GIMMICK: BALLOONS
Balloon Fighter starts the battle with (and can hold a maximum of) 2 Balloons. Each Balloon is impossible to pop (Unlike Villager, whom is able to get his balloons popped by other fighters) but Balloon Fighter can choose to explode a Balloon for a Powerful Attack (IE is Smash Attacks and maybe a Meteor Smash) at the cost of his recovery potential, but he can get Balloons Back with his Neutral Special. Balloon Fighter's Jumping and Recovery ability changes depending on if he has 2, 1 or No Balloons.

MECHANICS
Balloon Fighter, regardless of Balloons:
Weight: Around 85 (85 = Same as Zelda and Sheik)
Size: A little bit smaller than Dr. Mario
Speed: Around Olimar's area

Balloon Fighter with No Balloons:
Jumps: 2 (Not including Up Special)
Jump Height: Around Ganondorf's area
Floatiness: Again, around Olimar's area

Balloon Fighter with 1 Balloon:
Jump Height: Around Dedede's area
Jump Floatiness/Air Speed: Around Mr. Game & Watch's area

Balloon Fighter with 2 Balloons:
Jumps 1 and 2 Height: Around Luigi's area
Jump 3 Height: Around Greninja's area
Jump Floatiness/Air Speed: Around Jigglypuff's Area

SPECIALS
Up Special: Balloon Jump - Balloon Fighter uses a Balloon pop to propel himself upward!
With 2 Balloons: Almost exactly like Mr. Game & Watch's Parachute. You lose 1 Balloon but are able to attack while you fall.
With 1 Balloon: You jump the height of Luigi's Up B, but you can still move left/right freely. You lose your Balloon and go into Helpless State.
With No Balloons: Basically the equivelant of trying to use your Up Special as Olimar in Brawl when you have no Pikmin. You fall into Helpless State.

Neutral Special: Pump - Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon!
With 2 Balloons: Nothing happens.
With 1 Balloon: Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon, can be sped up by mashing B, but not that much. Takes about 1 second when mashing.
With No Balloons: Balloon Fighter pumps up a new Balloon, can be sped up greatly by mashing B. Takes about 1/3 of a second when mashing.

Side Special: Spark - Balloon Fighter tosses a Spark to shock his foes!
Moves rather slow, but functions similar to PAC-MAN's bell when it hits (And causes alot of damage)
No Balloons Required.

Down Special: Flipper - Balloon Fighter places a Flipper down as a trap that lasts about 10 seconds!
An opponent touching the Flipper damages and launches them, but Balloon Fighter has no interaction with it.
No Balloons required.

FINAL SMASH: FISH
Balloon Fighter's Balloons turn Gold (Signifying that you now have infinite jumps) (If Balloon Fighter was missing any Balloons, they are automatically given to him upon using the Final Smash) and the Fish from Balloon Fight starts to chase under Balloon Fighter. The goal here is to fly above your foes, which will cause the Fish to lunge out of the 8-Bit Water (Which appears in the foreground when the FS is active) and deals a massive blow to whoever the Fish hits. If you get hit by the fish yourself from standing on the ground too long (Or the FS' time runs out), the Final Smash ends.

Zzuxon's moveset
Notes: Has 5 jumps, and a flipper on his belt that he uses for some attacks.

Neutral Special: Blow Up/Pop Down: The center of Balloon Fighter's main mechanic, this move allows him too switch between having 1 and 2 balloons. If he currently has 1, he blows up a second, if he has 2 he pops 1. Having 1 balloon cause BF to lose aerial mobility, though even with one balloon his aerial movement is very high by the rest of the cast's standards. However, he also becomes heavier and more difficult to KO.

Side Special: Slow Zap: Referencing the lightning clouds in Balloon Fight, he rubs his balloon(s) against the back of his head and shoots a small lightning spark out of his hands. It moves slowly, like in the original game.

Up Special: Overinflate: BF gradually feeds more helium into his balloons, causing him to rise until the balloons can't take it anymore and pop. He gets new balloons when he hits the ground.

Down Special: Exploding Balloon: BF blows a balloon, ties it, and lets it go where he is. The balloon has a picture of an explosion on it for good reason, it will explode on contact with an opponent or projectile. It remains stationary, moving neither up or down. BF can't have more than 3 out at once.
Magikarpow's moveset
Character: Balloon Fighter
I took move inspiration from Balloon Fight, Balloon Kid, and Balloon Trip Breeze (Nintendoland).

Speed: Slow - Around Zelda or Villager's Speed
Air Speed: Fast - It would be around the best in the game. Akin to Wario and Jigglypuff's air speed.
Jumps: Balloon Fighter would have 2 jumps regularly. With 1 balloon, he would have 3 jumps, and with 2 balloons, he would have 5.
Weight: Balloon Fighter weighs more when he has less balloons. Regularly, he would be a bit heavier then Mario. With one balloon, he becomes around the weight of Marth. Finally, with two balloons he would become among the lightest characters in the game, around Kirby level.

Jab A: Balloon Fighter slaps the opponent. 1%
Jab AA: Balloon Fighter double-slaps the opponent. 2%
Jab AAA: Balloon Fighter finishes off the combo with a nice kick. 5%
F-Tilt: Balloon Fighter punches the opponent with a boxing glove. 6%
U-Tilt: Balloon Fighter slaps his hands upwards. 8%
D-Tilt: Balloon Fighter slaps his hand on the ground and a little shockwave appears in front of him. The shockwave causes decent knockback.
Melee: 6%
Shockwave: 4%
Dash Attack: Balloon Fighter rushes forwards and body slams the opponent. 9%
Ledge Attack: Balloon Fighter quickly rushes on and kicks forward. 6%
Get-up attack. Balloon Fighter twirls around on the ground as he gets up. This attack does more damage with balloons.
7% without balloons, 9% with one, and 12% with two.

Nair: Balloon Fighter twirls around. 7%
Fair: Balloon Fighter punches out his hand forward. It has an electric effect. 11%
Bair: Balloon Fighter flaps/slams his hands downwards behind him. This move is quite fast, and has a weak meteor smash. 13%
Dair: Balloon Fighter kicks downwards. Great KOer with Strong Meteor Smash. 14%
Uair Balloon Fighter claps his hands above him. 7%

Grab: Balloon Fighter reaches forward and grabs.
Pummel: Balloon Fighter slaps the opponent. 3%
Up Throw: Balloon Fighter ties a balloon to the opponent, that flings them upwards. 3% They continue to keep going up unless they mash A and destroy the balloon. The higher the opponent's percent is, the harder it is to mash the balloon.
Forward Throw: Balloon Fighter makes a flipper appear behind him, and then he grabs the opponent, throws the around into the flipper, which shoots them forward. 11% This can KO at around 140% on the edge.
Back Throw: Balloon Fighter takes the opponent, twirls around three times, then sends them flying backwards. 7%
Down Throw: Balloon Fighter throws the opponent to the floor, then slams his hands down, creating a shockwave that launches them skyward. 11%

Up Smash: Balloon Fighter takes out a green balloon and begins pumping. It grows bigger and bigger until it explodes. Large radius. 15-19% Good KOer, starting lag.
Side Smash: Balloon Fighter claps his hands to the side. 14-18% A little laggy.
Down Smash: Balloon Fighter charges up a super stomp. Lots of ending lag, but very powerful.
13-17%

Neutral Special: Thunder Ball- Balloon Fighter charges up an spark ball. He shoots it forward, dealing electrical damage. 3-10%

Side Special: Balloon Twirl- Balloon Fighter launches himself forward, spinning wildly. This attack does more damage with balloons. It does around 6% without balloons, 9% with one, and 14% with two. This move can not be spammed.

Up Special: Flipper Launch- A flipper appears below Balloon Fighter and propels him upwards. Other characters can get hit by the flipper and it lasts around 5 seconds. It doesn't deal damage, only knockback.

Down Special: Blow Up -Balloon Fighter squats down and starts to blow up a balloon. After a few seconds it attaches to Balloon Fighter. He can have a maximum 2 balloons. If they are directly attacked, they pop. Once he has balloons, Balloon Fighter gains more jumps, and a few of his attack change.
His Nair, his Uair, his Up Special, and his Down Special change. Also, if Balloon Fighters balloons are attacked from above, they can break. A good player should be able to keep the opponent away from the top of their balloons.

Uair: Balloon Fighter swats at opponents upwards with his balloons. Does more damage and knockback with two balloons. 6,9%
Nair: Balloon Fighter flaps his hands. This also move can be used multiple times quickly and lowers Balloon Fighters decent speed. You can use this to control Balloon Fighter more easily. 2%

Up Special: Balloon Drop -Balloon Fighter releases one of his balloons he had. It flies upwards, and does small damage if it hits anybody on the way. If Balloon Fighter releases his last balloon in the air, he falls to the ground in a helpless state.3%

Down Special: Air Release - Balloon Fighter lets the air out of one of his balloons, sideways. While this does no damage, it has a very strong windbox that could be useful for gimping. This move can only be used when you have two active balloons.

Final Smash: Fish Flood
Balloon Fighter gains two balloons, and the stage starts flooding. Balloon Fighter flies upwards, safe from the water. The stage floods halfway and the opponents are left in the water. The player now takes hold of Balloon Fighter (who has infinite jumps) and they can drop large chunks of meat in the water which cause huge fish to come out of the water and to swallow the foes whole. If an opponent stays idle to long, they get automatically eaten. Getting eaten is an instant KO.

Palette Swaps~ (soon)
Pending...
Supporters~
We are the BALLOON FIGHTERS! (aka the supporters)
1. @ A-money2121 A-money2121
2. @Darth Nightmaricus
3. @Speedwagon
4. @Diddy Kong
5. @fed0ra7
6. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
7. @Thelimomon
8. @SmashRiver64
9. @kylexv
10. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
11. @MOI-ARI
12. @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA
13. @ shinhed-echi shinhed-echi
14. @bksbestbwoy
15. @TheAnvil
16. @Magikarpow
17. @toadster101
18. @ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J
19. @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
20. @ Zoljinx Zoljinx
21. @ Nintendotard Nintendotard
22. @ smashkirby smashkirby
23. @ Wario Bros. Wario Bros.
24. @ Serell Serell
25. @ Elin Elin

This post is incomplete and may be updated in a daily basis
:drohyou:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:drsad:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Should have been in instead of Duck Hunt

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
True but atleast he wouldnt be troll despised char.
Thats pretty much a wasted slot becuase of how trolly and despised he is no respect..

But i understand why he got it makes sense along with G&W & R.O.B
I wanted DHD. The whole point of his iconicness is that everyone hates him (I don't since I've never played Duck Hunt). Now you can beat up the dog that you despised in the original NES game.

(I actually take that back, I kinda hate DHD cuz my friend is really annoying as him).

Thats pretty much a wasted slot becuase of how trolly and despised he is no respect..

What smash community are you hanging around where duck hunt is hated? Duck hunt is great! :4duckhunt:

If anyone is hated its dark pit as much as he doesnt deserve the hate

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I don't se how it is a wasted spot- it is one of the most iconic video games of the era, was in the top 3 best selling video games for the NES not only once, but twice, and the NES zapper is one of the most famous vide game controller peripherals. A lot of those people who say they hate the dog don't actually loathe the character or game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What smash community are you hanging around where duck hunt is hated? Duck hunt is great! :4duckhunt:

If anyone is hated its dark pit as much as he doesnt deserve the hate
You know what is actually funny...even though Duck hunt is a caharcter litreally made to troll and spam...hes litreally not the best at doing it nor is he the most noobiest char.

Link is by far a worse / as in better...rage worthy spammer than Duck Hunt.

Link is heavy so it takes work to knock him out Duck hunt is light.

The 2nd most ******** hitboxes on his moves 2nd to Rosalina.

Very powerfull tilts and smashes and his Tilts can kill the only other char that can kill with Tilts is Ganon & Bowser.

His recovery is very good with holding a bomb plus you cant spike him when hes recovering.

Hylian shield blocks projectiles..
Im sure im.missing some stuff to..

I hate Link so much..im.not sure if i hate him more than Rosalina though..
.then Sonic shortly follows...indeed the cancers of Sm4sh.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Duck hunt is kind of based around aiming and proper spacing, like the games.

But back on topic- this is the Balloon Fighter thread. I personally would rather see him crop up in the theoretical next Smash Bros, but not as fan-voted DLC.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Everyone's still bringing up Duck Hunt hate? Last time I checked, he was literally rescued from the Scrappy Heap thanks to him being useful instead of laughing at you all the time. It was only back then, that he was considered one of the worst things Nintendo ever created and one of the few things people hated about the game. Funny how times changed once he would be leaked for Smash 4. :laugh:

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Not sure if this has been said but in the light of what has happened; Balloon Fighter should get directly in, no need for the ballot. And after that, not sure if make it proper to place Alice the Balloon Kid as an alternate skin.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Not sure if this has been said but in the light of what has happened; Balloon Fighter should get directly in, no need for the ballot. And after that, not sure if make it proper to place Alice the Balloon Kid as an alternate skin.
I feel similarly but maybe in the base game of the next Smash. It might be best to give some time and respect as well.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I really want the fighter, (so sign me up as a supporter), but he needs to have more support. Alpharad has said on Twitter that he really wants him for DLC as well and intends on making a video of why he should be added soon. That should hopefully increase the support for him

Top Bottom