• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ballistaboy's Diddy - Tournament Vid

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I went to Test Your Might 2 and a set of mine got recorded against Sliq.

I am not very good yet but I'm starting to get better.

I didn't finish very good in the tournament and I am not the best Diddy but I don't think I am that bad. I just need someone to help correct my bad habits/mistakes.

I also don't have anyone to play with so the only practice I really get is online or these tournaments... not good. CC is extremely needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TRcXd1TBCw

pastaboy

Smash Champion
you followed up good with your ariels which was good. You just have to abuse bananas more and not give him the chance to do any of that fancy stuff, or peanut spam. Look out for bowser bomber or w/e its called, i made the same mistake too,this is one of those matches were u shuld really shuld have super sexy spacing His number 1 damage giver is his side b grab and his regular grab. Look out for those the most, i cant say that for all bowsers though. O, single dribble more to space yourself when hes approching you.,rolling into him gets you hit or grabbed most of the time. Also more spot dodgeing to avoid stuff like his grabs. you will have to decode that big mess of text, i dont think any of it makes sensee, im tired im going to bed.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
you followed up good with your ariels which was good. You just have to abuse bananas more and not give him the chance to do any of that fancy stuff, or peanut spam. Look out for bowser bomber or w/e its called, i made the same mistake too,this is one of those matches were u shuld really shuld have super sexy spacing His number 1 damage giver is his side b grab and his regular grab. Look out for those the most, i cant say that for all bowsers though. O, single dribble more to space yourself when hes approching you.,rolling into him gets you hit or grabbed most of the time. Also more spot dodgeing to avoid stuff like his grabs. you will have to decode that big mess of text, i dont think any of it makes sensee, im tired im going to bed.
Thanks, I have been watching my vid many times to see what I did wrong. I didn't find too many cases of wrong things, but There were many cases That I could have done something better.

I need to work on spacing, and staying out of his grab range, 22 damage from the start of 1 grab wasn't fun.

And anyone watching the 2nd match, don't base ur thoughts on it too much, I jumped into the **** and didn't think. I was flustered? from being beaten by a bowser, the first good one I every played. Sliq is pro :S

pastaboy

Smash Champion
tell me about it, iv come to the conclusion that bowser does better on fd then diddy >_<. i got 2 stocked by him on fd too. maybe its a physcological thing.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
tell me about it, iv come to the conclusion that bowser does better on fd then diddy >_<. i got 2 stocked by him on fd too. maybe its a physcological thing.
Gives him room to work? I seemed to cram him in on Smashville. I also did bad on FD so I can't really take that vid seriously.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
a side note to the psychological thing. just be one with urself ya know(meditating helps)? cheezy i know :\ but it does help ur brain when u are in a concentrated calm state of mind. but yea if i was beat by a bowser i would definitely lose all faith in myself. when i see a bowser or any low tier really, i usually scoff in my head thinking a guaranteed win, but that is not the case against good players such as sliq, who is the master of heavy weights (his ganon is teh ****!) . ur diddy was fine. awesome aerial approaches (too often tho so it became predictible to sliq). remember, glide tossing is smexy. dribbling is a must like pasta said for good mindgames and spacing. like seriously a diddy playing basketball with a banana makes ur opponent lol and off guard and if they dont laugh...ugh honk ur nose O.o? but anyways ballista u did an awesome job :3 just keep it up man!

ADHD

Smash Hero
Don't be upset, bowser is one of the best characters in brawl when he's played right IMO (I'm absolutely serious). Second off, don't ever approach bowser, why would you need to? He is the one that has to approach you, just spam peanuts until he approaches and then bait a mistake and punish him with a trip. You just do this the entire match. So, lets say he catches on to this plan (which he will) then he becomes focused on hitting the peanuts or catching them or becomes super aggressive within approaching, and that's when you make him trip. You just can't let bowser get near you, at all... ever......... You will get destroyed if he gets within range. Spam away like your a metaknight with a B button that works! Bowser is best when the opponent approaches him, his offensive options are pretty limited against diddy kong.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Don't be upset, bowser is one of the best characters in brawl when he's played right IMO (I'm absolutely serious). Second off, don't ever approach bowser, why would you need to? He is the one that has to approach you, just spam peanuts until he approaches and then bait a mistake and punish him with a trip. You just do this the entire match. So, lets say he catches on to this plan (which he will) then he becomes focused on hitting the peanuts or catching them or becomes super aggressive within approaching, and that's when you make him trip. You just can't let bowser get near you, at all... ever......... You will get destroyed if he gets within range. Spam away like your a metaknight with a B button that works! Bowser is best when the opponent approaches him, his offensive options are pretty limited against diddy kong.
Thanks, you have a good point. Also he is probably one of the best Bowsers out there. Lol

Top Bottom