• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced character, F.D. and Demo map patch (BSSB64 mod)

Quillion

Smash Hero
Balanced Brawl, SD Remix, and now B64.

Thankfully, I don't see this one as being too hard to install on Wiis as long as we use this thing.

Are N64 ROMs IPS-patchable?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Balanced Brawl, SD Remix, and now B64.

Thankfully, I don't see this one as being too hard to install on Wiis as long as we use this thing.

Are N64 ROMs IPS-patchable?
WHY would you want to use a Wii..

An actual PC emulator or an Everdrive is a much better choice...

Yes, you can IPS patch n64 roms..

Quote720

Smash Cadet
Don't remove bumper. Check out Isai's counter pick to Peach's Castle at Apex when he was playing Jiggly against Kirby. He got tired of floating around in the air, so he threw in a bumper and the other guy ran into it a lot. Bumper is op.

JoGooD

Smash Rookie
Any progress guys?
Not really, sorry.

I'm learning C++ and new stuff, I'm also looking at Project M and Melee.

I've tryed codes on a real console... it's really bad, it always lag and you have to reset with another cadrige everytime to set to the right configuration on GS. So it defenitely requires it's own cadrige for local game.

However, maybe a n64 to brawl would be a better solution, since Project M team did a very good work.

Thanks for all your support to the project !

Last edited:

Liuwang

Smash Rookie
Not really, sorry.

I'm learning C++ and new stuff, I'm also looking at Project M and Melee.

I've tryed codes on a real console... it's really bad, it always lag and you have to reset with another cadrige everytime to set to the right configuration on GS. So it defenitely requires it's own cadrige for local game.

However, maybe a n64 to brawl would be a better solution, since Project M team did a very good work.

Thanks for all your support to the project !
Hi! I was hoping I could ask for help on locating the specifics: hitbox data, startup animation time, damage, and knockback? You guys' work is a big inspiration to me and I was hoping to see what I could aswell :)

Indefa

Smash Apprentice

Liuwang

Smash Rookie
Not sure if you meant that you wanted it all in an easy to read spreadsheet but this has all the frame data in it.
http://framedisplay.onlinessb.com/webfd/framedisplay.html
This will be a great help, thank you very much! However, I was looking for where to find file addresses if that makes any sense, i'm not quite sure how to word it. For example, in the Link UP+B gameshark code [8116438A 42AC], I'm assuming 8116438A is the file address, and 42AC is the value. I think I can confirm that 42AC is the value, because when tweaked with in the code, results vary in the distance covered by his up B. I was wondering how to find out 'addresses' for moves, so I could mess around with the values. My goal is to tweak the damage of certain moves, and hopefully knockback aswell, if that is a seperate stat.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
The "8116438A 42AC" is a gameshark code. The 0x81 is an op-code that says: every frame, write 0x42AC at RAM 0x0016438A (equivalent to TLB 0x8016438A). So, every frame the gameshark will change whatever value is in memory at that address to 0x42AC. At some point in time during the game, that address contains the value for Link's Up-B.

If you want to find where on the ROM that value is coming from, that's a lot harder. If you're lucky, the data will be stored on the ROM uncompressed. You could use Nemu/Bizhawk/any emulator that lets you look at the RAM while running the game, and look at 0x8016438A when you think that that address will contain Link's data for up-b. (You can actively change the value at 0x8016438A so see if it really is link's up-b). Open the ROM up in a hex editor. Copy the data around 0x8016438A and search in the hex editor to try to find that data.

If it's compressed (ie, you can't find that data in ROM with the hex editor), good luck.

Liuwang

Smash Rookie
The "8116438A 42AC" is a gameshark code. The 0x81 is an op-code that says: every frame, write 0x42AC at RAM 0x0016438A (equivalent to TLB 0x8016438A). So, every frame the gameshark will change whatever value is in memory at that address to 0x42AC. At some point in time during the game, that address contains the value for Link's Up-B.

If you want to find where on the ROM that value is coming from, that's a lot harder. If you're lucky, the data will be stored on the ROM uncompressed. You could use Nemu/Bizhawk/any emulator that lets you look at the RAM while running the game, and look at 0x8016438A when you think that that address will contain Link's data for up-b. (You can actively change the value at 0x8016438A so see if it really is link's up-b). Open the ROM up in a hex editor. Copy the data around 0x8016438A and search in the hex editor to try to find that data.

If it's compressed (ie, you can't find that data in ROM with the hex editor), good luck.
Thank you very very much :D

Top Bottom