• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair in neutral below kill %? Y/N

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Jiggs since the 3DS days and going to tourneys and placing decently but while I can deal with projectile zoners by shielding properly, and shielding opponents by not blindly attacking their shield and waiting on defensive options to punish, there's one thing that's clear, as much as people say Jiggs is the best in the air, when it comes to a battle of aerials against other characters, she simply isn't close to being the best.

Sure she has good aerial speed, but an opponent that is equally good or better than you at spacing aerials will out range your aerials and at best you'll trade which isn't a good thing for puff.

If there's one thing I've never experimented with is using bair as a move to throw out in neutral since I've always had this notion in the back of my head that I should not make it stale at all to make sure it kills.
However, since damage output isn't a particular weakness of Jigglypuff and bair isn't that easy to land when the opponent knows it's one of your only "safe" kill moves to throw out in neutral, I was wondering if anyone has ventured into using this move to help beat those aerials that simply stuff fair/nair clean or if its disjoint isn't good enough for it.

Not expecting to beat Ness's fair with it, but experiences you've had in certain match ups with it would be welcome. I'll personally attempt to experiment with it but I figure it doesn't hurt to post this here since the board moves rather slow.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
I find myself using it on characters like Shulk who suffer from bad frame data in neutral. Bair guarantees a kill for me against chars like him since it has notable startup lag. Other than that, I rarely throw it out in neutral unless the opponent is conditioned enough to expect a Fair/Nair and attempts to dodge it. It's definitely a move better suited offstage or in the middle of a combo.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I use it on charging opponents, when me and my opponent are in the air, and as a defensive option by bairing in the air across the stage. I'm pretty good at finding openings now and also use it then. Characters with bad frame data also get baired. Also the gimps!

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
one thing that's clear, as much as people say Jiggs is the best in the air, when it comes to a battle of aerials against other characters, she simply isn't close to being the best.
Thank You.

Honestly I don't get how people keep saying Jiggs is a "master" of the air when almost the whole cast got a big buff in aerial combat, and most of the time it even beats Jiggs aerial options.

Not to mention that we've now got legit anti airs that are invincible during said move to worry about now.

I don't care about the things she can do in this game, the fact that she remains pretty much unchaged compared to the cast is kinda upsetting.

Party games works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom