• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair gone wrong!

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow mario bros. Soooo ive been trying to think of the best way to bair and got stuck between two techniques of doing it. I can't decide which one of them is better. To shield the way mario is facing to turn him around, and then bair or just turn around the joystick and bair? If anyone knows of another method that is better than what i just said i would love to know.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Depends on the situation and what you're more comfortable with. I usually reverse without the shield if they're grounded, but if they're aerial, I'll shield first incase they decide to fastfall.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Um... jump and c.stick backwards? That's what I do :]

Or is your question is how to turn Mario around? I just simply turn around.. lol... or if I'm in the air and want to turn around, I cape the opposite direction... but if that takes too long, I just uair instead... I don't RAR.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
how bout u sh airdodge behind them and b air lol. they'll never expect it. well unless u spam it, but its a nice change-up.
hehe, just tried that and once i SH then airdodge i cant bair :ohwell:. thanks for the tips guys i'll get bair down sooner or l8er.

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
No, land first then bair. It is super essential for Mario's game.

iMichael

Smash Lord
At low percents I just SH Bair, but I do it twice so once I bair it follows with a fsmash. It's pretty tight.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
*just saved envy's sig*

1)run, flick joystick in opposite direction, cancel animation with jump, bair =)
2) situational: if u Uair ur opponent, and send them behind, bair might be screaming your name lol

and btw..what is RAR?! i usually dont care for terms and abbreviations much, but i've seen it all over the boards...so uh...someone get to explaining haha

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
1)run, flick joystick in opposite direction, cancel animation with jump, bair =)
2) situational: if u Uair ur opponent, and send them behind, bair might be screaming your name lol
Thanks for the info. B-air is the move im having the most trouble with for mario right now

and btw..what is RAR?! i usually dont care for terms and abbreviations much, but i've seen it all over the boards...so uh...someone get to explaining haha
..:<> and i dont know what RAR stands for either

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info. B-air is the move im having the most trouble with for mario right now

..:<> and i dont know what RAR stands for either
RAR stands for Reverse Aerial Rush, basically running and buffering a pivot into a jump to use an aerial with your back facing forward; basically you do a backwards jump while running forward. Also, Bair can be tough to use because if you don't space it properly you can get shield grabbed, and double Bair takes some time to get used to.

iMichael

Smash Lord
*just saved envy's sig*

That sig is pretty dope....

*best sig of the year* Anyone? Anyone? Eh?

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
*just saved envy's sig*

Its funny how u posted how 2 RAR and didn't notice. :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
SH double B-air anyone?

Mario's most valuable spacing tool. Space it right, it's pretty safe, and has the potential to punish people who whiff an attempt to punish it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*just saved envy's sig*

Its funny how u posted how 2 RAR and didn't notice. :p
Lmfao. Jo does things without knowing wtf they are.

A2's right. Double SHBair is a great spacing tool. Add wifi lag...and it's an impenetrable defense O_O

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
lmao oops. well! now he knows =p

double bair is pretty difficult to pull off tho, hardest double IMO
i rather bair then uair.

Top Bottom