• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair and Fair off down throw true combo

rainsaint

Smash Rookie
I saw in a guide that you can make bair true combo off a d throw and d throw fair certain characters in a certain percent range but I can't replicate it in training mode. Is there anything specific I'm supposed to do in order to get them to true combo?

Blasterman4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-1501-7948
I saw in a guide that you can make bair true combo off a d throw and d throw fair certain characters in a certain percent range but I can't replicate it in training mode. Is there anything specific I'm supposed to do in order to get them to true combo?
yes, it's called play melee

*ahem* i know that true comboing into Fair is impossible since your opponent can easily just hit you in Fair startup, i'm not sure if Bair is possible but i'm inclined to think it isn't.

rainsaint

Smash Rookie

Skip to 2:35 to see it. Also further on in the guide is the d throw bair thing. The combo counter goes up so it's true

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
D Throw to Fair Notes:
You have to perform a rising Fair.
You have to full hop just as the down throw endlag ends.
Because of the 16 frame startup on Fair, you essentially have to Fair almost immediately after jumping.

Bair is possible, but iffy. It seems to only work at low percents.

Anyway, we have a Q/A Thread active so please use that in future.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-clinic-dr-mario-q-a-thread.383510/page-2

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
Dthrow to Bair only works on some characters at some percentages, usually fast fallers and heavy chars, also some floaties like Marth/Lucina.

Dthrow to Fair is a true combo on the characters listed on the description of that video in those especific percentages, agains Sheik for example, it's harder to get and I hardly ever hit the sweetspot of the move. With rage, it should work at lower percentages as well.

rainsaint

Smash Rookie
D Throw to Fair Notes:
You have to perform a rising Fair.
You have to full hop just as the down throw endlag ends.
Because of the 16 frame startup on Fair, you essentially have to Fair almost immediately after jumping.

Bair is possible, but iffy. It seems to only work at low percents.

Anyway, we have a Q/A Thread active so please use that in future.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-clinic-dr-mario-q-a-thread.383510/page-2

Thanks for that. I'll be sure to use the Q&A thread next time

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Dthrow Bair is a thing. Timing is strict, but it works. Especially on fast fallers and heavies. And it works very often at low to mid %. The % when it doesn't combo is around when you can kill your opponent anyway or if the % is too low for high knockback.

Honestly, all Docs should implement this more in their game. It's 19% damage. With pummel, it's more obviously.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Just wanted to add that I changed my mind on d throw to bair being iffy. The trick is to do a full hop, rising bair (short hop works at low percents). You can either pivot then rising bair or dash forward then rising bair. It's definitely practical, but it takes some getting used to. 19 damage off of a throw. :)

Last edited:

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah bair off dthrow can be chained into 2 bairs on certain characters at low - mid percent only. combo 32%. :)

to pull dthrow combo's off i find that clawing makes it easier to do it

Top Bottom