• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAD MU's for Peach?

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
Maybe you can play Rosa, to abuse her floatiness with b&b Nair/Upair combos and use gravitational pull to draw in her downB

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you can play Rosa, to abuse her floatiness with b&b Nair/Upair combos and use gravitational pull to draw in her downB
I think OP plays Peach, is asking for which characters counter Peach, and how to deal with disadvantage.

Last edited:

Smushi

Smash Rookie
basically nothing is good vs her or hasn't been discovered yet. this game's still new. the thing about ss tier is that nothing is that good vs them. kind of like fox in melee. i'm pretty sure she will get nerfed some. they always nerf the best character.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ness can probably go at least even with her. He’s floaty and can challenge her in the air with his great disjointed aerials. He can also continually harass her with PKT and keep her from doing what she wants to do. Peach definitely doesn’t scare Ness at all and the Matchup is at least even if not a little in Ness’s favor. The main thing Peach has going for her in the matchup is turnip gimps but if she tries to outright edgeguard Ness she’s likely eating a PKT2

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Personally, I feel that Link is counter.
Boomerang is really effective against our float and turnips.
Bomb is always a threat on the stage as a potential stage hazard and off the stage and an edge guard technique.
Arrows off the ledge can be used to take away our float depending on how good the Link player is.
UTilt covers him completely so picking our attacks is really crucial.
Dash attack can kill us early and all they have to do is read a well spaced float/roll and on most battlefield stages with platform, the dash will cover the entire platform.
USmash can really do a number on us since is sucks you in and making sure all 3 hits land. Can kill fairly early.
Nair comes out as fast as our Nair and is a great OOS option/edge guard/wall.
Fair can kill us early if the second hit connects. Reading a float is all it takes or a set up with a boomerang.

Boomerang combos into a variety of kill confirms and seeing as how Link is heavy/strong and Peach is floaty/light this may cause a problem.

Edge guarding him is difficult with all his tools and his spin attack is hard to beat.

Beating him requires so much patience! Also making sure you pick your moves wisely since he has such long reach, punishing shouldn’t be too hard for him. Don’t drop your combos (but that can be said for anyone). Abuse turnips off the stage and turnip snipe him if possible.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Ike and Lucina destroy her, Yoshi isn't much fun, ROB can give her a little trouble. Also Cloud can give her pure heck

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's not as bad this time around, but a good Cloud and Rosalina can be problematic. Pokemon Trainer, ROB, and Snake don't seem like very favorable matchups either, IMO.

I can't think of a stage that's a good counterpick, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Smushi

Smash Rookie
Ike and Lucina destroy her, Yoshi isn't much fun, ROB can give her a little trouble. Also Cloud can give her pure heck
wrong. yoshi is decent i think. i don't know about rob. i imagine lucina is bad and ike is horrible against peach.

remilia

Smash Cadet
Traditionally Peach has always had a problem with link and I think it's still present in this game. Peach and Daisy have trouble against his reach and projectiles, Some of the other sword characters seem to cause problems too cuz of their disjointed hits like Lucina. I've had a lot of trouble against Snakes too with Daisy. Other than that I can't think of any others.

Getting around them? Well, I tend to try and rush Link as much as possible once I get in. Getting in with him is the hard part but once you do it's hard for him to get outta your combos. For swords in general I think turnip play is especially important at a distance and once you get a hit try to get in as fast as you can. Peach and Daisy are amazing once they're in, but getting in against these characters with long reaches is the challenge.

Ambuuuuu

Smash Rookie
Any sword character or projectile character can be annoying, I find Snake and Link to be the most annoying. Link especially, even though he can't control stage as much as Snake, he can still keep you away with his sword.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
D3. She can combo him to 80, but he lives to 200. His recovery is too good to consistently get edge guarded by even Peach, and he’s super heavy, and lives to percentages where Peach has no confirms while he kills her far earlier. Also he walls her out with disjointed and up angle Gordo and Up Smash are great counters to float.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
D3. She can combo him to 80, but he lives to 200. His recovery is too good to consistently get edge guarded by even Peach, and he’s super heavy, and lives to percentages where Peach has no confirms while he kills her far earlier. Also he walls her out with disjointed and up angle Gordo and Up Smash are great counters to float.
Nope nope nope definitely not

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i personally always got difficulty with Bowser if i play as Peach/Daisy >~> it also doesn't help i always have to fight him on FD themed stages...

but i find Marth/Lucina easier to deal with! only Cloud & Shulk are a pain in the ass...
Link is kinda annoying....

Top Bottom