• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad habits I should be looking to avoid?

JoJoe

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I've been playing melee for close to 2 years now, and I've started playing Falcon over the past 4 months to help my fundamentals a bit more, and to fix some bad habits I developed with Marth. So I was wondering what are some Falcon specific bad habits I should look to avoid?

Don De La Gato

Smash Rookie
You might wanna check out SSBM Tutorials on YouTube. TONS of useful info on there ranging from beginner to advanced stuff, while also showcasing a lot of character specific (Falcon) videos and how to improve.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Don't rely on side B, don't do incomplete wavedashes, don't mindlessly SHFFL and throw out nair or dair.

3HUNA

Smash Rookie
Using your double jump intelligently is pretty important. Double jumping at the wrong time, be it while off stage, while edgeguarding, or in the neutral, can cause you to lose a stock.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Learn how to access your neutral jump and empty pivot, since many Falcon's just nairplane in with a full dash since it covers so much space, but it's such a common Falcon option that it's quite easily punished. Just like Marth, you have to space very well to maximize Falcon's aggression in a safe manner, especially cause he has hardly any disjointed hitboxes compared to Marth. Also, learn when it's a good idea to chase someone off stage. As Falcon it's so hard to hold back the urge to finish them off out there, but Falcon has to be super precise and surprising to get most edge guards. Also, never forget that Falcon's bair is actually a wonderful well rounded move, that can be AC'd. uair, stomp, nair and knee get all the attention but Bair from ledge is super good. On that note, Be aware that it's a lot harder to FF to ledge with a Fast Faller. You have to be quick and if you're too early or too late it could be curtains for your stock. Falcon requires practice for you to control him properly (i.e. not lose stocks to your own mistakes)

Top Bottom