• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Final Smashes

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Ok, I realized a lot of characters had bad/downright sucky Final Smashes or Ways to avoid them. Here's a list: (Note: These are from actual info, as seen in videos, by reliable sources (such as BrawlCentral, and by Dojo)

Kirby: According to a few sites, you can hit Kirby from a safe distance with a projectile to rack up his damage during his attack. Also has the chance of not cooking up anybody.

Pit: The Centurions are easy to hit away with moves such as Mario Tornado (which is not Mario's B move :()

Sonic: Hard to control

DK: arguably his WORST attack, has a very small radius, even when fully powered

Peach: Kirby, Dedede, and any Gliding players can simply stall in the air, each the Peachs, and KO the Princess.

Fox: The Tank is very large, and your opponents can hang out right in front of it and be invincible

Diddy: Supposedly this move does more good then bad. I hear it's better to launch the peanuts into a gap or something.

Meta Knight: Extremely Low Hitbox.

Dedede: Waddle Dees do very little damage according to Whobby's (or however you spell it) Demo

Ice Climbers: All ICs can walk on the ice, not just the pair that did the Final Smash

Wario: This one is self-explanatory. Does this even count as an Attack? It's like a Power-up.

Pokemon Trainer: The Pokemon can't hit behind them or change the direction your facing. You could be stuck blasting off at the end of the feild, where no one is even close to.

Pikachu: Very hard to control.

Names Not listed: Mario, Link, Yoshi, Lucas, Ike, Samus, Bowser

The fact that only a few of them are actually "good" final smashes is sort of sad. These may be inaccurate, someone please tell me if so.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Well, you're wrong and misinformed on about half of those, so I don't think topic deserves my attention.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
The game comes out in less than a month, we'll talk about whose move is good or bad then. Since none of us have played all of them, it would be quite foolish to do otherwise.

Captain Anthony

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I realized a lot of characters had bad/downright sucky Final Smashes or Ways to avoid them. Here's a list: (Note: These are from actual info, as seen in videos, by reliable sources (such as BrawlCentral, and by Dojo)

Kirby: According to a few sites, you can hit Kirby from a safe distance with a projectile to rack up his damage during his attack. Also has the chance of not cooking up anybody.

I believe not cooking anybody would be reliant on the execution of the attack. Also, Sakurai said characters are invincible during their Final Smashes, didn't hr?

Pit: The Centurions are easy to hit away with moves such as Mario Tornado (which is not Mario's B move :()

Yeah, but what about if you don't hit it away?

Learn to research. DK has an excellent Final Smash.

Peach: Kirby, Dedede, and any Gliding players can simply stall in the air, each the Peachs, and KO the Princess.

Fine.

Fox: The Tank is very large, and your opponents can hang out right in front of it and be invincible

Fine.

Diddy: Supposedly this move does more good then bad. I hear it's better to launch the peanuts into a gap or something.

Why haven't the rest of us heard this?

God forbid it be easy to KO somebody.

Dedede: Waddle Dees do very little damage according to Whobby's (or however you spell it) Demo

Don't know

Ice Climbers: All ICs can walk on the ice, not just the pair that did the Final Smash

...So?

Wario: This one is self-explanatory. Does this even count as an Attack? It's like a Power-up.

...And?

Pokemon Trainer: The Pokemon can't hit behind them or change the direction your facing. You could be stuck blasting off at the end of the feild, where no one is even close to.

Again, that depends on the execution of the attack. If you suck, you're going to fail.

But almost immediate KOs

The fact that only a few of them are actually "good" final smashes is sort of sad. These may be inaccurate, someone please tell me if so.
Why are you trying so hard?

Captain Anthony

Smash Apprentice

I believe not cooking anybody would be reliant on the execution of the attack. Also, Sakurai said characters are invincible during their Final Smashes, didn't hr?

Yeah, but what about if you don't hit it away?

Learn to research. DK has an excellent Final Smash.

Fine.

Fine.

Why haven't the rest of us heard this?

God forbid it be easy to KO somebody.

Don't know

...So?

...And?

Again, that depends on the execution of the attack. If you suck, you're going to fail.

But almost immediate KOs

Many, many are inaccurate.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Why isn't Samus' classified like PT's?

And EVERYTHING needs flaws. Not like every time you get a Smash Ball you get an I.W.I.N. item.

-Onyx

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You can just run them over in the tank. It kills them.

And you're forgetting that Pit and Peach can still move.

And if you're stupid enough to aim PT's Final Smash off of the edge, then you shouldn't deserve to play as him.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Reports from Japan say that Donkey Kong's final smash can potentially take up 90% of the screen. The rest of this list is equally fail.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice

Not THAT hard, seeingsome vids.
Whobby reposts say that if yu get the beat right you hit about 90% of the screen

If someone camps under the tanks cannon, you can run over them, and they'll be launched wpward at cannon range.

But kills anyone who's hit.

Cmments in bold.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
if you miss with Ike's, isn't it similar to the effect of MK's final smash when you miss? Well, if it would continue, enemies would have to be wary about the end plummet, but other than that, you haven't really thought this out (no offense)...

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
So prettymuch all of them suck?

Mario and Samus is the same as Pokemon trainer..

Lucas takes up a small space on big maps..

Links can miss..

This thread is dumb, they all have flaws ON PURPOSE

Top Bottom