• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Backyard Smash @ Anthony's #3

Backyard Smash @ Anthony's #3
Posted by Anthoknee
2349 W Whittier Blvd, Montebello
Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Anthoknee

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm hosting a local, small-sized tournament in my backyard in Montebello. I'm really not kidding when I said small-sized, I expect less than 40 people. I'm inviting people from my high school and another high school mostly, but anyone is welcome, as long as you're chill and have fun enjoying Smash 4, stop by and play some smash! This is a perfect event for beginner to medium skilled players to improve as that is generally what it consists of. Most of the people coming don't consider going professional or anything, so to a lot of us our main goal is to have a fun time, but that doesn't mean there won't be serious competition! Think you can best the rest? Come prove it then!

I am putting everyone on a list so I know exactly how many people are coming, so let me know if you want to come so I can add you.

I am not putting my own address for privacy, but the address mentioned is approximate (only about 3 minutes walking distance further than my address).

Here is the link to the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717914285005488/

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- -----
(UPDATE: Event date changed to June 12th! For some reason I couldnt edit the date so I had to put it here)
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- -----

Details:

$3 to attend and enter the tournament, $1 to attend and not enter the tournament.

All fees are dismissed if you bring a Wii U setup and/or a small tv.

Game Settings:

2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Pause Off, best of 3 (first one to win 2 games), winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals are best of 5 (first one to win 3 games). All characters allowed.

Legal Stages:

Starter Stages: Battlefield , Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
Counter pick Stages: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt

Ruleset:

1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. A blind pick is when each player secretly tells a third person their character before picking them, then they pick their characters at the same time, and the third person verifies that they chose the character each player said.
2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner gets to ban the first stage.
3. Players take turns banning stages from the Neutral Stages list. The first player bans one(1) stage from the list, the second player bans two(2) stages, and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Winning player of the match bans a stage from the whole list of stages. (Does not apply to Best of 5 sets).
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose a stage that was banned, or a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. First, the winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. Then, the losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The next match is played.
10. Repeat steps until set is complete.

Anthoknee

Smash Rookie
Hey, me and a friend are interested. Is this still happenening?
Hi. Yes this is still happening, its on June 12. Let me know if you have any questions, and invite any of your other friends if you think they would be interested. Thanks

Jimmeh

Smash Rookie
Alright cool, I'll hit you up for an address the day before then

Jimmeh

Smash Rookie
Okay so is it today or tomorrow? Post says today, you're saying tomorrow. Also want to know how we can exchange the address, what time and if there are still spots to play in the tournament.

Anthoknee

Smash Rookie
Address please?
Sorry for the late reply! Been caught up on the page on facebook that I forgot about smashboards for a bit. It starts at 3pm today (6-12-16) and yes slots are still open. I found out how to pm on smashboards so I sent you a message with my address. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom